It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexuality is not a choice, you don't choose your attractions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Oh, but you are wrong. It is very MUCH connected to your brain.
You cannot tickle yourself. You can do the exact same thing as someone else to yourself, but the affect will be different. This is because of the brain. It is a foreign hand, not your own.
Blindfolded, the foreign hand can give you pleasure. With the blindfold removed, you may experience disgust.
That is the brain.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
reply to post by GringoViejo

Bisexual means you are a player.
Which I don't really have a problem with. If you want to play, play. You have an open mind, creative brain, but you are a player as long as you are "bisexual".
When you settle with someone and dedicate your life to them, you are simply human. If it is a man and you are a man, (woman/woman) then you are a "homosexual", if it is boy/girl then you are hetero aka normal, but you cannot be "bisexual" unless you are a player.
Like a dog.

A???

It just means that a person is open to sex with anyone regardless of gender, as long as they are attracted of course.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Yes, open to anyone.
Like a dog.
I use the dog as a reference because a dog has no hangups. A dog will sniff any butt.
BUT, as long as you are bisexual, you are playing. That is all I am saying.
The whole point is that it is a choice. I don't mean it as derogatory.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
So you would let the human race perish if you were the only female left along with a single healthy male, you wouldnt breed with him? Wow. Something else is hidden behind your words. Im prohuman. I love all people, no matter color religion or sexual orientation. I have faith that we humans will get it right! And if it came down to me and another woman to be the last hope then so be it! I guess the natural outcome isnt 100% garunteed. Thats sad.
edit on 1-10-2011 by PLASIFISK because: By another woman i mean a woman im not attracted to.

You would be willing to procreate with the last woman on earth whether you were attracted to her or not?
I cannot wait to hear what that has to do with sexual attraction.
The thing I really want to hear about is how are you and this last woman going to convince your kids to be attracted to each other. You know how procreation works right? Well when you only have two people...do the math.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

You would be what is called bisexual. Deny it all you like but it is all there. That or...

but sometimes it means me and several females.

You are full of crap.
edit on 1-10-2011 by FallenWun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Honestly? Because I don't know a straight man that wouldn't have sex with another man to save himself,

I do not know one that would but given your previous posts it sounds alot like you and I would not be hanging out with the same kinds of people. Personal experiences are cute like that and in no way absolute as you seem to contend.

let alone the human race!

BIOLOGY 101: Two men having sex will not produce offspring, thus not saving the human race.

Any decent straight male would have sex with a grizzly bear if it meant saving himself or his loved ones, and you are saying you wouldn't have sex with a female to save the human race?

BIOLOGY 201: Two people cannot have enough sex to save the human race so the point in even trying would be...?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I don't believe anyone is born gay, but maybe one day science will be able to answer that question. The questions I have about homosexuality are 1 - is it morally or religiously ok? 1 - Is it something that will cause the downfall of society? 3 - Should gay people allowed to be married?

Now don't harp on me for posing those questions. I have not answered them for myself in any definate way, they are just there in my mind. As a Christian, I have to ask myself these things. I have known great gay people, and love them. But I wonder what God thinks of them. I know what the bible says, but I wonder whether those were the direct words of God or planted their later by man...I am not interested in getting into a religious argument about the Bible just yet - just letting you know where my thoughts come from. As for the downfall of society - that migth be exaggerating a bit, but I do see the gay movement as something that interferes with procreation. I wonder what will happen if the number of gay couples one day otunumbers the number of procreating couples. Again, not trying to start a debate, just a random thought i have had on the topic. As for marriage, this is where it bugs me. I think I am fine with a legal union, justice of the peace kind of deal. Theya re together, why not file as a couple, get any tax benefits or insurance benefits that go along with that status. But the Holy union of marriage does not sit well with me. The institute of marriage in a holy snese is the basis of a healthy family. It s symbolic - Christianity had long ago declared its beliefs on the mattr - to do a 180 now would be to claim that God isnt right, that the Bible can be manipulated, and makes the church look weak, wishy-washy, and willing to pander to anyone just to fill collection plates. I am not interested in a church that changes with the times. In Christianity, we marry so that we may procreate, creating new followers of God - gay couples can't do that. It is such a grey area that my normally black and white brain can't think its way out of it. I can't judge anyone - not my place, and i wont do it. If a person wants to be gay, i am fine with that. But i do hjave a line drawn, and it seems to be around holy marriages. Due to my religious conscience, I will raise my children to believe that while we love and accept gay people, we do not encourage them or join them. God gave many people many urges, in the hopes that we place faith above our fleshly urges. Nowadays, we live in a world where urges come first, and faith comes somewhere after cleaning the pool or taking out the trash. It ranks somewhere with kleptomania, pedophilia, beastiality. varying degrees of course, and i will be the first to say it is hard to compare them, because being gay doesnt directly harm other people. but it is still an urge, contrary to humanity, that i believe god wants us to overcome and triumph over.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Rape is not only acceptable, but necessary in the animal world.

How many animals rapes have you witnessed? How did the victim express to you that it was not engaging in consensual sex?
Rape in the animal kingdom.

I bet you think your dog thinks like a person too.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
This again? You are wasting your time. Those of us who believe it is a choice will not be swayed by your constant browbeating. Those who believe it is genetic, will not be swayed by arguments to the contrary. Why bother?

You don't have to believe it's genetic to believe that it's not a choice. Believing that your innate sexual attraction is chosen is absurdly childish and an extreme insult to those who believe it to be true. When did you choose to be attracted to girls (I'll assume you're a guy). How old were you when you decided that you wanted to be sexually attracted to women instead of men? And if you would please provide some detail what the decision process was like.

You would be one of the few people in existence who choose their sexual preference and it would be fascinating to learn about your extremely rare circumstances.
edit on 10/1/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by FallenWun

ALL sexuality starts in the brain, so OF COURSE people will compare homosexuality to pedophilia, bestiality, promiscuity, obsessive masturbation.

I am looking for the part of that sentence that makes sense. Help me out here. Trigonometry starts in the brain so lets compare that to being sexually attracted to someone not of capacity to reciprocate.

Because, it is undeniably related because it is all under the umbrella of sexuality which is all controlled by the brain.

You do realize that heterosexual sex would fall under that umbrella you just described, right? So you would compare heterosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia? You just undid your own argument.

Be what you are, but at least try to understand why you make the choices you make.

Obviously from this post you have no idea why I or anyone else would make the choices we make. You just explained to me that all sex starts in the brain and that is why all sex except for heterosexual sex can be compared to bestiality and pedophilia.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Ummmm how do homosexuals breed? Thats the only question i have every had. Besides that, to each its own. I just wonder how would same sex couples continue their blood line....? Thats the big question i have.

Well to answer your question and assuage your fears. The percent of the human population that is homosexual has not likely increased or decreased since the existence of man. In all of human history we were never in danger of failing to continue the blood line because of homosexuality. And there were times in history when it was openly accepted in certain ancient cultures.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I will clear this up...... probably not. LOL

I am 25 and a male, I have been dating another male for 2 years.
Prior to that i dated a female for 1 1/2 years.

I Do Not believe it is something in your genes, I believe it is a choice and i think i am proof of that.
I was not born gay, i have been with a few girls and a few guys. its all about who you are attracted to and more I think its about who you love. If you limit your mind to one gender then so be it. If you have an open mind and allow yourself to know and be attracted to someone rather then gender as the first thing you notice I think it would be different.

A great example I believe is the prison system. How many guys with girlfriends, or wives go, "gay for the stay?"
Then never speak or do it again. Its all about choice simple as that.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxFlyBi

I Do Not believe it is something in your genes, I believe it is a choice and i think i am proof of that.
I was not born gay

No, but you are bisexual. Congrats

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

reply to post by GringoViejo

Bisexual means you are a player.
Which I don't really have a problem with. If you want to play, play. You have an open mind, creative brain, but you are a player as long as you are "bisexual".
When you settle with someone and dedicate your life to them, you are simply human. If it is a man and you are a man, (woman/woman) then you are a "homosexual", if it is boy/girl then you are hetero aka normal, but you cannot be "bisexual" unless you are a player.
Like a dog.

So are you saying polyamorous bisexual couples can't dedicate their lives to each other? Or that bisexuals are inhuman?

You sir, are absurd.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I was not born gay, i have been with a few girls and a few guys.

Honestly - this doesn't surprise me at all - - - with the newer generation - - - because many taboos (not just sexual attraction) have been lifted.

I completely support the sliding scale - - and that most people fall somewhere near the middle. The closer to the middle - - the more chance of being BI. Which is not the same as gay.

Do you have a preference - even if slight? Be honest.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I was not born gay, i have been with a few girls and a few guys. its all about who you are attracted to and more I think its about who you love. If you limit your mind to one gender then so be it. If you have an open mind and allow yourself to know and be attracted to someone rather then gender as the first thing you notice I think it would be different.

A great example I believe is the prison system. How many guys with girlfriends, or wives go, "gay for the stay?"

But it is not, I cannot choose to be attracted to a person I am not attracted to.

Could you get a hard on for a camel?

Could you choose that?

Some people dig the animals you know....
edit on 2-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Dear Troll,

I'd first like to say that I didn't read much of your post because it's difficult to wade through sewerage without the appropriate gear.

I'd now like to point out that you're wrong. You never chose to be whatever sexuality you are, you just sensed your inate, natural attraction and went with it.

May I ask why you concern yourself with who I or any other homo takes to bed? We dont author threads about idiots #ing ugly people because it doesn't concern us. Perhaps learn the lesson there.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
People need to be pragmatic about sexuality. Unless a man and woman are having sex with the intent of making a child, they are doing the same thing gay people are doing in bed.

With no intent of procreation, it is all about getting your rocks off with another human being.

Sure, I could see "god" being angry about homosexuality if the human race was dying out and suffering from dwindling numbers, but we are actually in an opposite situation. We may be heading towards a time where we endanger ourselves by having too much man/woman, baby making sex (overpopulation).

We have too many people and too much violence. Leave the gays alone and get a life.
edit on 2-10-2011 by theingloriousbasterd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

That is just about the worst example of whatever point you are tring to make. Why do they never speak of it or do it again? Perhaps because it had nothing to do with attraction. Do you think men in prison are temporarily attracted to other men and then shut hat attraction off when they leave? How does that work? Where are all these prison inmates that are telling you people that what happens in prison is because of attraction?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Sure...if you only find the act of sexual gratification with a female as normal, then yes, it would be abnormal, but abnormal does not equate to wrong.

Additionally, a strong case could be made for homosexuality being productive. The human species is arguably overpopulated.

How would you suggest we solve overpopulation? Genocide or have our DNA spit out more homosexuals when our population is too high? Personally, I will take some men having sex that is biologically impossible to reproduce a child by doing so. I also like to think "god" would prefer some well-dressed men getting freaking over a mass-murder or mass-starvation.
edit on 2-10-2011 by theingloriousbasterd because: typo

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join