It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attacked 13-Year-Old Who Killed Him in Call of Duty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
reply to post by KatieVA

I love your avatar haha.

Of course its a good lesson. This kid would of most likely grown up to have been an aggressive spoiled brat. After this he will most likely change his ways and his life will turn out for the better.

If there was someone talking trash on you all day in real life, you would hit them too. This is the same thing.

That's a serious aggression problem you've got there if that's how you deal with people who annoy you. Might want to think about some therapy perhaps or some anger management?

And no, if there was someone "talking trash" on me, I would simply leave them to it and walk away with a smile on my face, knowing that they're living a miserable, unfulfilling life. I wouldn't hit them - what good what that do exactly?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
When I used to have the time to play games I never played with the headphones.

I always muted speech, denied contacts, shut off the text in the corner, everything I could do to isolate myself from the sea o degenerate trash out there.

Ideally I never went online at all when games still had local network support and bots so I could jus play with friends and at LANs but developers seem to want everyone to be subjected to the bull of online gaming now.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
there is a reason as to why games are rated 18/18+
and its not that hard to comprehend as to why
so there is no real point in dwelling deeper in to that subject.

as for the art of trash talking teenies ,
i think the article in it self is pretty self explanitory
kid is 13 and the mom id guess just caved in and bought the game to her son
and the key word is caved in

and ill leave it at that

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
He should be forced to play this kid as punishment for his crime.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
There are many poor loosers out there, But there are just as many horrible champions. And they don't mix very well.

This kid defeated the old bugger, but he also had to rub it in. The kid did this to piss off the old dude, and got a taste of his own cause, Brilliant if you ask me.

Nothing is more annoying than a piss ant teen who lack parental guidance.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
sorry , im an hardcore gamer myself.
But when someone insult me or taunt during a FPS round, i just turn off the COM/chat and ignore him

if i had to slap and beat every potty mouthed kids, i probably end beating the whole gameserver
the man have serious anger management.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by 12voltz

Call of duty Black OPs is rated 18+ why would the mother allow a 13 year old to play a mature rated game?

edit on 1-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Who says she did?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lakesidepark
The man could have done this much smarter.

Back in the day (I don' t play the online wargames anymore) I ran a Quake clan on one server, and we kept a website and message board for our team. We played on one specific server, but our entire clan decided to 'invade' another server. We had our fun, signed up a couple of members from that server, then after we had our fun, we quit the server, canned the members we added from it, and returned to our 'home' server.

One of the guys we canned (13 year old) got so mad he found our message board and started trashing it with 'anonymous' postings. We did teach him a lesson.

I pulled his IP address, gave it to a friend in the clan that ran IT services for a large Internet provider, found his account, then his home....then we notified his service provider of the violations of terms of service. His parent's internet connection was pulled immediately.

He returned to the message board almost two weeks later, this time on a different IP, with a handle, and no foul mouth. Just to keep him in line, I responded to his next postings with the names of all members of his household, his address, and his phone number, and advised him that he was no longer anonymous. Just so he would know who did it to him.

We had no more trouble out of that little slimy runt. He learned a lesson.

PERFECT, lakesidepark - the pen is mightier than the sword.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
loosing is half the fun. When I play bad in black ops and people talk # I just reply with goober comments and be an absolute goob. Thats wy I like xbox live and video games in general. To Have fun.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

So let me get this straight, you basically screwed with people, including children, for fun, and when they rightly got angry with you, you decided to take it even further? You are a prime example of why this world is in the state it is. Scum.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
To anyone saying this kid needed to learn a lesson.... uhhh are you serious? The guy was 46 for crying out loud! If you suck and lose to a 13 year old, trust me, you're going to hear about it...
Suck it up, respawn, and get back in the game.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As i have played call of duty online.. those 13 y/o's can talk some mean trash that you simply cant respond to in any way if your not 13 yourself
it is aggravating because your not a nerd, you have a job, and your just trying to have some fun downtime.. and then a little kid start laying into you.

best thing i can think of doing is hit the mute button, leave and join another game

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

He returned to the message board almost two weeks later, this time on a different IP, with a handle, and no foul mouth. Just to keep him in line, I responded to his next postings with the names of all members of his household, his address, and his phone number, and advised him that he was no longer anonymous. Just so he would know who did it to him.

I really can't say I respect what you did, and the means you used do it.. You broke the laws in a far more serious way than he did by playing a game underage.

Anyone who brags about friends who have the inside means to violate personal information on people they have "ego" clashes with..especially a 13 year old.. shows me that there is something seriously wrong with the people who think this is fine and cool.

I wish the 13 year old would have saved the emails.. of subliminal threat, and brought them to the authorities...and who knows..maybe he did.. and they are just waiting for the right moment .

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Hmmm... old man can't handle 13 year old pwnage... looses it. He clearly went too far tracking the kid down. It's a game, it's the internet. We all deal with it.

If you suck, you suck. Don't blame those with twitch reflexes.

Well he is not old at 43 was it? Maybe it was because he was already feeling like a loser. No job, a family with 3 kids and he is playing a game to forget for a while..then bam! Another player, I doubt he knew his age starts saying stuff after killing his char. downmouthing him when he is already low enough to kill himself or someone else.

Whatever the kid was saying I bet he would not talk like that in RL. Some people use the game to become utter disgusting jerks, ...basically their true nature shows uo when no one knows who they are.

The whole thing is sad :-(

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Whatever the kid was saying I bet he would not talk like that in RL. Some people use the game to become utter disgusting jerks, ...basically their true nature shows uo when no one knows who they are.

Yes..i agree the whole thing is very sad.. but thats ego ,and games for you..at whatever age..

Did the 43 year old talk trash as well in the game??.. maybe he brought about a strong focus to being killed off because of his mouth?

trust me..I've seen grown men act like jerks over these games as well..so don't put it all on the "kids"..please.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Maybe the old guy shouldn't suck so bad at COD. I got my a$$ kicked playing Madden in Best Buy by a 10 year old. (I was 33 at the time). The kid's mom even laughed at me. I didn't burn their house down for it, although I may have if I knew where they lived.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

This is why kids need to watch their mouth on Xbox Live.

If these kids said some of the things they do to me on Xbox live in real life? I would have done the same.
I usually prefer to just email their mothers, it's amazing how accountable some parents are these days.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Jerks are everywhere..online...in the street...at the market...and yes...in the online gaming world. The come in all ages and backgrounds and if you are already playing a game that is designed to inflame the senses and get those lower chakras turning then you are just gonna have to accept the fact that there are gonna be people out there who will make it their business to piss you off. It's Buddha's Gift all over again. Don't take the bait and these idiots will just have to eat their own hatred because you don't want it.

I have been gaming since the days of Coleco vision and have two brothers who are BIG into the sh*t talking. They run with the teabagging set, lol and when I got into online gaming they warned me that I would hear some crazy things. Its the nature of the beast I guess. And knowing that you have to remember to keep your composure and remember why you are there. Not for some young punk but because you like or love a certain game. You can't go choking people who piss you off. It would be sweet if you could but then eventually it will be you with hands around your throat. Thats some lesson that man just taught his kids...and it wasn't don't talk crap online or you'll get yours...it was more like if I can find even a little bit of justification for my actions its okay to try and throttle someone.

funny ...if you look up D&D and resulting drama...you will find many stories of outright brawls that occurred over things like stolen spell books and pissed off mages. Competition can bring out the best and the worst in people...you just have to pick a side.
edit on 1-10-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Yes..i agree the whole thing is very sad.. but thats ego ,and games for you..at whatever age..

Did the 43 year old talk trash as well in the game??.. maybe he brought about a strong focus to being killed off because of his mouth?

trust me..I've seen grown men act like jerks over these games as well..so don't put it all on the "kids"..please.

Not sure how you got the idea I was putting it on the "kids"
I said "SOME PEOPLE..... use the game to become utter disgusting jerks, ...basically their true nature shows uo when no one knows who they are.

I simply wanted to point out that there are a lot of families under pressure right now, there are homeless tent cities popping up and there is no escape when there are no jobs and people are afraid.
Men have a tendency to feel they have failed their families, some escape in games instead of leaving home and drinking or doing drugs.
It is leading to violence all over the place and this case may have had more to do with the economy and frustration...thank god he didn't kill the kid!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Very sorry if I mistook your post to mean something else..

You started this quote with the saying the kid would not talk like that in real life.. so I assumed the "some people" you were referring to were kids as well..

Thank you for clarifying that it wasn't..

Also some kids may be jerks on line because in real life they are having problems as well dealing with whatever they are dealing with.

There are so many types of scenarios to consider.. but finding out someones address, stalking them and physically trying to hurt them or threaten their family.. is taking it to an unlawful extreme...whether its done by a child or an adult.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join