It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attacked 13-Year-Old Who Killed Him in Call of Duty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Some people just take games way too seriously. If some kid wants to talk trash, let them and ignore it. I play my share of games and when I hear anyone trash talking other players I just laugh to myself, because personally, I think it's funny and kind of pathetic. The guy, especially if he's in his 40s and has kids, has some serious issues if such a little thing would push him that far. I say he should have left it and forgotten about it. Most likely the kid would have thought he could get away with it in life and had some other kid punch him in the face, at least then he'd learn not to run his mouth. But for an adult to hunt some smart ass kid down? Bad idea no matter which way you think of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
in my day it was all t-bag and ragequit.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by foundthetruth
Ahh yep been there. Lucky you don't have easy access to peoples address or this would happen all the time.

?? curious as to who this was directed at?

maybe you can explain that post?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Are you serious? My 9 year old loves to play it online. You know what? He plays against adults, he's respectful about it and it's brought him into wanting to learn about governments, history and wars. He watches the conspiracy shows and will sit and watch the history channel.

It's not all bad. Yes, it's guns/war, but what adult male never played cops/robbers or wild west games when they were little with fake guns.

All these zero tolerance rules have made this kids accept what everyone feeds em these days.

The point of this is that there was a 46 year old FATHER of THREE that hunted down a 13 year old kid over a game. That's the sick part of this whole situation.

A_L

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by foundthetruth
Ahh yep been there. Lucky you don't have easy access to peoples address or this would happen all the time.

?? curious as to who this was directed at?

maybe you can explain that post?

Err the OP pretty obvious wouldn't you say. He wrote this

"Wow any gamers here on ATS? Who thinks the kid needed to learn a lesson?

What a great example to teach those punks to learn how to respect others. The internet is not some kind of filter that makes slander and insults any different to saying them in person"

And I am saying I know how he feels, meaning the angry man. Didn't think that would need an explanation....maybe read it slowly and you will take it in next time.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
People who don't play completive gaming on-line shouldn't really have a big opinions on this. Here is one of many videos on how people get angry gaming.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Dude, this is what happens when you are unemployed and have to much time on your hands.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Wow talk about issues, dam I remember when I used to play online shooters such as call of duty and gears of war and halo on the x box, I used to play with this guy that I know.Anyways the dude talks so much # after every game its unbelieving, I mean so much so that he got banned from x box live over 4 times and counting when I stopped playing all on just one of the accounts he liked to use.

I usually don't say a word or talk much when I play online game unless somebody talks to me first. And I have had # talked to me but it just goes right over my head, I pay no attention to it at all unless they really persist with it. But ya some people really need to grow thicker skins, because in the online world of video games its pretty dam common.

You can learn a lot about people in online games, there real self comes out when they think the person on the other end don't know who or were they are. And the kid was probably a duche bag who picked and pushed the buttons of the wrong duche bag.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This article illustrates exactly why I play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (soon to get BF3). You can only communicate to your squadmates, keeping the chatter in-team, which translates into less trash talk... unless you're stuck with a bunch of noobs in your squad, but then its more like "Hey, doofus! Get out of the bushes and do something!"

You'll occassionally get a message from someone you've just destroyed, but you can choose to ignore and/or delete if you want.... orrrr do what I do and completely obliterate their tiny egos with a fury of literary doom, sending their prepubescent asses into a maelstrom of despair.

Doesn't really matter though. You get hate from being really good too. No one wants to dish out credit. You snipe someone from a mile away and suddenly you're a "cheater".

*sigh* Gamers. Such a rowdy bunch.

On a more positive note; I'd wager this kid's parents are more active in his gaming life now..... if he's still allowed online gaming.

edit on 1-10-2011 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I can't help to say I lol'd when I read this.

Now can he go find the 16 year olds that constantly message me "birds the word" and " get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich" ?

Seriously though this is extreme if you're an adult who games we need to remember that we are dealing with children and they are not at fault bad parents are for allowing them to play adult games.
We don't know what kind of life they come from or know what "stuff" they have to deal with in their everyday lives.
As a content happy adult you should just laugh it off and move along.

But the lil trolls should take this as a warning, you really never do know who you're screwing with sure you mean no harm but you have no idea where the other persons mental state is.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I agree that tracking the kid down and beating him up was a bit hasty. But lets be honest here, anyone who plays online games has had games where there's that kid that just spews hateful epithets and strings of profanity. Sure, you can mute him, but you know the little sociopath will just go somewhere and abuse someone else "anonymously" for their jollies. Little trolls-in-the-making.

I've joined lobbies in black ops where as soon as I entered I had to go down the list and mute half the players because they're all vying for "who's the biggest dousch in the room" honor. I think its a plague on online gaming.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Slanter

yep, but back in the day, we could ferret out the riff raff, and the people that worked and payed for the games could actually play them. It was more a club and a hobby then instead of a open house plug-in babysitter.

FYI the reaction I described is obviously not the OP story; not email, a message board; and I didn't hack it I admined it. There was no threat email (read the post again duh). There was simply the message that the internet is not anonymous, and a bunch of working-class stiffs and RL friends from all over didn't want a bunch of crap. Swift and painless (for us hahahahahaha), no big deal, and very l33t to say "no we won't go out and whup ya, its just a message board, bits and bytes, but we are older, and smarter and have more intelligence....". Things don't change. Well except now the 13's are a virus and can't be removed muhawuaaaaaaa!!!!!! And some old man went bats. Wow. That's news. Uhhuh.

And for the rest:
"there ain't no rest for the wicked, money don't grow on trees, got bills to pay, mouths to feed, ain't nuthin in this life for free...

yes. completely mad.....its just a game!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

Was playing the bf3 beta on live today and I could talk to the whole team not just squad mates, don't know if its just in the beta or if they are adding it, hope they are adding it playing a TEAM game and only being able to communicate with 3 people is crap.

www.dailymail.co.uk... -newsxml

For the people wondering how he found him it sounds like he went "where do you live you would never say that to my face" and the kid went "yeah I would I live here" or they already knew of each other.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by 12voltz

Call of duty Black OPs is rated 18+ why would the mother allow a 13 year old to play a mature rated game?

edit on 1-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Guess the kid deserved it then...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The kid probably deserved it. Its the problem that these trash talking kids think they can hide behind a screen and be as racist or offensive as they want.

My younger brother even does it at home, constantly swearing c***, f***, s***, n*****..... pretty much any word there is. This is down the microphone to his friends and other people he doesn't even know.

I hear him shouting "you got no friends" and pathetic things like "get a life", or "i bet you got bullied in school"
, its not right and isn't needed. So i can imagine, if this 40~ bloke hunted down this kid to simply teach him a lesson of respect, then i know why he did it.

I can understand how this 40~ bloke was feeling. Because it happens all the time, kids today seem to be mouthing off like there is no tomorrow.

And yes, my younger brother does indeed play cod too (the game that seems to make him become insane).

Personally i don't blame it on the games (whether its a bloody shooter with lots of death, or even lego star wars). It usually starts with some kind of trolling.

Blame it on the trolls, not the games

Its a shame, when i was growing up, there was no "online mode" for console games (playstation 1, sega mega drive etc). I used to enjoy the games, even when finding an impossible level, i didn't verbally abuse someone down the telephone .

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by foundthetruth

And I am saying I know how he feels, meaning the angry man. Didn't think that would need an explanation....maybe read it slowly and you will take it in next time.

there are those who respond to others while not using the reply button, it happens on this board..so nothing wrong with double checking....

and yes.. I'm sure many of you know how it feels..to have your ego bruised by being killed off, and having some jerk rub it in. I suspect that grown men can be guilty of this as well, and isn't just about some punk kid doing it...who needs to learn a lesson. Those kids also learn from others playing it.. would the man have gone off and found another adult who had been doing the same?..

just saying...

I really don't think its just the punk kids guilty of mouthing off.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
damn some people take games too seriously.
does call of duty black ops have an age rating outside of the uk, i once got told to not swear by some kids mother while playing, i mentioned the age rating to her and she flipped.
i'm usually a quiet player but when i hear abuse being exchanged by players i cant help but to get involved.
in my experience americans get angry the quickest.
ps COD SUCKS.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Damn kids are always talking smack on those games, about time somebody grabbed onto one of them.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I'm confused, the idea of the game (I believe) is the kill the other team, which the 13yr old did.. and the one who lost the game literally rage quitted and physically attacked the boy in real life.. and that's a lesson for the 13yr old to learn?

And the 46yr old man was being baited? You're playing a game where you're killing people and you can't handle being called names?

I'm guessing if the 13yr old boy was 18, people would be screaming blue murder, or would the 18yr old be at fault here too?

Are the people actually understanding this? The thing is a GAME, there is no lesson to learn, the boy will not turn in to a spoilt brat, it's a GAME.
edit on 2-10-2011 by voidla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Agreed.

A 46 year old man can't handle a little smack talk. I would say he has some major insecurities and self esteem issues.

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Hmmm... old man can't handle 13 year old pwnage... looses it. He clearly went too far tracking the kid down. It's a game, it's the internet. We all deal with it.

If you suck, you suck. Don't blame those with twitch reflexes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join