It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attacked 13-Year-Old Who Killed Him in Call of Duty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Well a huge gamer here. Wouldn't go as far as to say one sucks cuz a 13 yr old beat em.....but yeah if you are older one should accept the fact that the younger gamers playing are going to have faster reflexes. He should have just tossed his controller or something lol least then he teaches himself a lesson as an adult....don't be an ass again you just cost yerself another 60 bucks dumbass lmao. Hunting someone down is wrong...he was a father of 3 sorry the dude was wrong here. but honestly the other side of the coin...younger and younger kids are talking way too much trash online....there are clearly nuts out there...parents should be more observant...it WILL carry over to real life ...all of a sudden you have 13 yr old kid picking on a "nerdier" kid in baseball or something callin him a friggin noob.....i mean really??biggest line here for ALLLLLLL of us to learn is...they are just games...they are meant for fun....if your not having it and being too competitive then A) dont play them anymore or B) shut it off toss a diff game in.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

ok, wot he did was stupid but some of us (including me) play computer games, get laid and have a job.... im more of a battlefield guy tho lol

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by willbsecret

i agree, and kids are being influanced by games, that why they have an age restriction. why do parents buy their 13 yo kids games that are 18 rated.... some parents are just dumb asses

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I can understand why he might've been extremely pissed at the 13 year old talking crap about him. (I am a gamer, I know how some people act in multiplayer. Especially on Xbox Live.)
Attacking someone is however taking it way too far and that is something nobody sane would do.
Not to mention, this gets the people who hate games very happy since it is propaganda for them.
This is why PC gaming is superior, we have control of our servers most of the time, so we can either kick or ban the people acting like the 13 year old seems to have done in this case. Something that can take ages for Sony or Microsoft to do.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rschmfem

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
ITS FAKE
How do you trace some one threw a video game?

How do you get someone's IP address as a client account playing a game on a server stored in another part of the country?

You cant trace some ones IP address to a house you can only trace the area.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Good Lord, is this thread still going on?

By the title, it reads that a 13 year old killed a guy. Says nothing about it being a game, so I thought the old guy was a ghost.............LOL

Get over it. It was a game and the old dude handled it like a nutter.

Perhaps I am being silly by saying so, but anybody that takes a game that seriously is nuts.

End of story!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
what i do when someone does that to me is i hunt down their character in the game, kill em n then teabag em.... makes me laugh lol

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
As another poster said, I find this concept hilarious.

However, the people saying the child deserved it are idiots, no question. When I'm online, I'm the one who "runs" things, the rest of you are just NPCs. If someone decides to talk sh*t, I'll talk it back, mostly because I have a quicker wit, and no one is going to stop me. I would have kept talking trash too, as it would be hilarious to me as a 13 year old that someone so much older than me thinks he's accomplishing anything by threatening. He shows up at my house? Even better, now his douchebaggery is international news.

The point is, the internet isn't a big deal. People say things, some people can't handle it. They shouldn't be online anyways. The internet is a study in anarchy, if you expect something to go a certain way, someone is going to come along and skull fu*k your expectation to death without any lube.

And I doubt this kid is going to learn any "lesson." He has no lesson to learn, except maybe that some people need to me medicated.

In closing, bait the guy some more.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is how we do things...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

Good movie, maybe this guy watched it too much.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

I guess I have a personal sore spot for anyone sending emails with things..like "we know where you live.. we know everyone in your family.. we can find you.. " ...no matter what age you are, or what age the person is you are sending it to.

Yes..people can make mistakes.. especially when it comes to choices surrounding ego... some people have an unfair advantage.. and use that information for entirely wrong purposes.

Don't worry, I'm not sending the po po after you.. just need you to realize how ..admitting to sending someone an email like that ..can come across .

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

You cant trace some ones IP address to a house you can only trace the area.

Some people can, because they have the tools.. on how to get the ISP information records...and other records as well.. as who lives there,etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by lakesidepark

I guess I have a personal sore spot for anyone sending emails with things..like "we know where you live.. we know everyone in your family.. we can find you.. " ...no matter what age you are, or what age the person is you are sending it to.

Yes..people can make mistakes.. especially when it comes to choices surrounding ego... some people have an unfair advantage.. and use that information for entirely wrong purposes.

Don't worry, I'm not sending the po po after you.. just need you to realize how ..admitting to sending someone an email like that ..can come across .

I'll say what you want to say: Sir, you are an idiot and the need to bully someone into what you want them to do online leads me to believe you have some sort of cognitive disorder.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by 12voltz

Call of duty Black OPs is rated 18+ why would the mother allow a 13 year old to play a mature rated game?

edit on 1-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Happens all the time. Not a lot of parents pay attention to the video game rating system.

hell, I remember when I was about 10. I got to buy my very first grand theft auto game. I had played it at a friends house and wanted a copy for myself ( Keep in mind this was the very first GTA game).

The cashier even told my mom that this was a graphic game that involved killing people with guns, stealing cars etc...

My mom just said oh well...( My parents.... were bad parents...in more than one way... Long story)

But what I am getting at is...for some reason, parents don't seem to control what kind of games their kids play.

Even with the video game rating system, parents keep buying these games for their kids. You would be surprised how few parents even know there is a video game rating system.

When buying games for your kids, you do need to make sure it is appropriate for their age. Stop, look at the game, examine what it is about. If it is about killing or what have you, I agree... My kid does not need to be playing it.

Then there is also the consideration of your child going online and playing against adults.... There are bad people out there and who knows who your kid is talking to...

They might just be talking to some crazy guy, like in this article....

So, really.. Monitor your kids activity, with video games and online.. Keep them safe. You are their parent, not their friend.
edit on 1-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

The rating system is bogus. No one gets to tell me what I can or can't play/watch. Luckily I'm way beyond the years being restricted.

So a nine year old beats a hooker in grand theft auto; 1: Hookers aren't real people and 2: it's not going to male him go out and beat hookers, shoot cops, and steal cars.

But yes, the parents are the ones responsible for the kid. But maybe they let him play it. If so, it doesn't make them bad parents, just as they didn't cause him to get strangled by an unstable old man by letting him play it.
edit on 1-10-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

edit on 1-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'll see your edit, and raise you a meaningless response.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo
I'll see your edit, and raise you a meaningless response.

I think I misunderstood what you were implying or saying in your post..

was your response to the post about me.. were you calling me sir?..

Were you saying I had some cognitive disorder because I don't have respect for people who send emails containing" I know where you live..I know who your family is..etc." ?

after rereading your post, I realized though you quoted me..you may have been addressing the member I was addressing.. (sighs)..

so.. my explanation for the "none post"

edit on 1-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ahh yep been there. Lucky you don't have easy access to peoples address or this would happen all the time.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Yeah you kinda know how he feels, but in all seriousness, it's a freakin GAME!!!

I play against my son and his mates, obviously younger persons reflexes are above and beyond us OLDIES.

I play for FUN, whilst my son and his mates play for credibility. I think that speaks volumes, why play if you need to prove anything to anyone? It's not going to bring about intelligence, qualifications or credibility with a University or employer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join