It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attacked 13-Year-Old Who Killed Him in Call of Duty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Man Attacked 13-Year-Old Who Killed Him in Call of Duty

A 46-year-old British man tracked down and attacked a 13-year-old schoolboy who killed him in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

The story, posted on wownews reports, Mark Bradford, 46, admitted he “just lost it” after a 13-year-old opponent killed his character in Call of Duty: Black Ops, and then proceeded to talk trash over the in-game chat.

According to a report given to the Plymouth Court, the unemployed father of three then tracked the teen down in Plymouth, Devon (UK) and attacked him, attempting to strangle him. The boy’s mother managed to pull Bradford off her son, and the man left without explanation.

www.egmnow.com...

Wow any gamers here on ATS? Who thinks the kid needed to learn a lesson?

What a great example to teach those punks to learn how to respect others. The internet is not some kind of filter that makes slander and insults any different to saying them in person.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Quick ban video games because of this loser.
If you want to win at games you have to devote your life ,like the kid .and the kids.Not some flash in the pan old man with a chip on his shoulder.sad state of affairs .
edit on 1-10-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0

What a great example to teach those punks to learn how to respect others. The internet is not some kind of filter that makes slander and insults any different to saying them in person.

You're joking right? Or being sarcastic? Please say you are?

Respecting others does not involve hunting them down and attacking them.

Being aggressive and violent will never teach anyone anything good, ESPECIALLY how to respect other people. Far from it!

+55 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Call of duty Black OPs is rated 18+ why would the mother allow a 13 year old to play a mature rated game?

edit on 1-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I love your avatar haha.

Of course its a good lesson. This kid would of most likely grown up to have been an aggressive spoiled brat. After this he will most likely change his ways and his life will turn out for the better.

If there was someone talking trash on you all day in real life, you would hit them too. This is the same thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Um ,in the gaming world ratings do not apply .the parents sometimes buy games for their kids as an alternative to babysitting ,same goes for some older men from their wives and/or mothers

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
After reading that article, I was thinking, 'dang, what an excellent article to show my son, who also plays BlackOps, to show him that there really are true lunatics out there in cyber land.'

But then I read your response...

Originally posted by balon0

Wow any gamers here on ATS? Who thinks the kid needed to learn a lesson?

Really? The kid is the one who needed to learn a lesson? I guess I'm not getting the pun. Unless you're being serious.

Nah, I get it..haha. You had me for a minute there. I actually got the impression that you really did think it was the boy that was out of line. Sometimes I just don't get UK humor.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

That's the problem with video games.
You kill someone, and they can still beat your ass.

Aint right. Aint right at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

Um ,in the gaming world ratings do not apply .the parents sometimes buy games for their kids as an alternative to babysitting ,same goes for some older men from their wives and/or mothers

Um ,in the gaming world ratings do not apply

Oh yes they do, because if you lie about your age you will get banned from gaming sites or the game itself.

the parents sometimes buy games for their kids as an alternative to babysitting

Sadly then thats a fail at parenting

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hmmm... old man can't handle 13 year old pwnage... looses it. He clearly went too far tracking the kid down. It's a game, it's the internet. We all deal with it.

If you suck, you suck. Don't blame those with twitch reflexes.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
ROFL you get your ass kick by a 13yr old and cry about it and hunt him down...... i dont trash talk but when i do i mostly win else i come back for a next game or take the lost like a man lol but really hunting someone down when your 46 and have kids SIGH

This is why they have places for mad people, why does the kid need to be taught a lesson because he beat someone at the game which is the main purpose of the game, its like being good at something or always wining someone should come to your house and beat you for it......

So what is the kid is 13yr and the game is 18 its not like hes losing to a 46yr old and hunting people down because of it, hes just playing it for fun with mates.
edit on 1-10-2011 by mehforfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2011 by mehforfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Ok didnt know that about online gaming ,never been there.But i have seen plenty of parents buying their kids adult games in the shop.For some parents it's all about Me time ,the kids can do what they want .sad but true

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

But then I read your response...

Originally posted by balon0[/

Really? The kid is the one who needed to learn a lesson? I guess I'm not getting the pun. Unless you're being serious..

Nah, I get it..haha. You had me for a minute there. I actually got the impression that you really did think it was the boy that was out of line. Sometimes I just don't get UK humor.

Uhh you must never listen in your sons headphones when he plays xbox live, theres been plenty of times where i woulda hunted the kid down for the things he said to me. If youre curious just log on for yourself and have a listen
edit on 1-10-2011 by youareblind because: Misplaced comment

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
that was a bit OTT, ok a lot OTT. guaranteed the media will be saying that its the games fault and we should ban these sorts of games just because one idiot is a sore loser. any, isnt black ops age restricted, why is a 13 year old playing it??

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
i doubt he had to work hard at tracking him down; im sure the kid said some crap about "i stay here bring it" or something or another. i wonder if it was on psn or xbl? i stopped using psn as my main vehicle to gaming and have found the virtue in being in a different demographic altogether by having a steam client and not having to hear little kids shout racist slurs or try and incite "you mad bro" rhetoric. psn does seem to be a little bit more mature than xbl but cod is immature period for the demographic the game is really marketed to.

im not mad at the guy(the choker); but then again i dont consider interacting with girls who play cod cause their boyfriends put them on, girls who play wow cause their husband would never hear the end of it that they had a hobby that did not include their culture awareness, and boys who play online games for the sake of culture emulsifying for their lil school cliqs a form of entertainment.

and besides how did this happen when bf3 open beta just started.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

I couldnt agree more with you, you get a star from me.

Usual First Person Shooters Games are Marketed for Young Adults not kids

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
that was a bit OTT, ok a lot OTT. guaranteed the media will be saying that its the games fault and we should ban these sorts of games just because one idiot is a sore loser. any, isnt black ops age restricted, why is a 13 year old playing it??

Here you go

* ACB: MA15+ (PS3, X360, Wii & PC version),[8] M (DS version)
* BBFC: 18[9]
* CERO: Z
* ESRB: M / T (DS version)
* PEGI: 18 / 16 (DS version)
* USK: 18 (Edited)

There all rated 18+ meaning young adults.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The man could have done this much smarter.

Back in the day (I don' t play the online wargames anymore) I ran a Quake clan on one server, and we kept a website and message board for our team. We played on one specific server, but our entire clan decided to 'invade' another server. We had our fun, signed up a couple of members from that server, then after we had our fun, we quit the server, canned the members we added from it, and returned to our 'home' server.

One of the guys we canned (13 year old) got so mad he found our message board and started trashing it with 'anonymous' postings. We did teach him a lesson.

I pulled his IP address, gave it to a friend in the clan that ran IT services for a large Internet provider, found his account, then his home....then we notified his service provider of the violations of terms of service. His parent's internet connection was pulled immediately.

He returned to the message board almost two weeks later, this time on a different IP, with a handle, and no foul mouth. Just to keep him in line, I responded to his next postings with the names of all members of his household, his address, and his phone number, and advised him that he was no longer anonymous. Just so he would know who did it to him.

We had no more trouble out of that little slimy runt. He learned a lesson.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

ITS A GAME, ITS NOT REAL LIFE.

I think that guy just needs to get laid instead of playing on computer games, he could do with getting a job too. I bet he is also single = LOOSER!!!

Good on the kid for killing his character.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

What a loser, who lets themselves get wound up by a 13 year old on the internet. "he was baiting me and baiting me" was this 44 year olds excuse. How about take off the headphones turn off the console and get a life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join