It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying loaf of bread at supermarket

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What I'm about to describe is probably the weirdest thing I've ever witnessed. I was grocery shopping today at a large supermarket in my neighborhood. The store was very crowded....to give you an idea how crowded it was, I had trouble finding a parking spot.

I had been shopping about 10 minutes. I turned my cart into the bread aisle. The aisle was empty, which was strange, considering how crowded the store was. An elderly man was coming down the aisle from the other side, pushing his cart. We were both slowly walking down the aisle, when a loaf of bread went flying off the shelf.
It didn't fall, it literally sailed through the air and landed about five feet from the shelf. There had to have been some kind of force hurling it. I inspected the shelf, and it was a solid wall, which eliminated the possibility of someone on the other side throwing or pushing the bread,

I looked at the old guy and said: "PLEASE TELL ME YOU SAW THAT!!!"
He said: 'There's a ghost in here!"
He picked up the loaf of bread and put it back on the shelf. I considered buying the bread, but then reconsidered. I was totally unnerved! I didn't want to touch it.

When I was at the checkout, I told the girl: "This store is haunted!" As I was telling her about the flying bread, a manager overheard me and came over to question me about it. The manager said a couple times when she was in the store late at night, after closing hours, she heard "bizarre noises".

I told the manager that she should talk to any security personnel at the store to see if the flying loaf of bread was recorded on a security camera. I'm going back there tomorrow and see if I can discuss this with a store manager or any security personnel. I seriously want to investigate this further.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

My friend works at a grocery store in ohio he say it's haunted .. wth? Why would ghosts be into supermarkets that just .. weird.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

I worked at petsmart for a long time. After closing 40lb bags of dog food would come flying off the shelves. That happened maybe once a month. It would be me and another person "facing" and there it would go! Our manager reported other things during overnight shifts, but I've always been skeptical of that kind of stuff. I try not to feed into it. Seems the more you recognize it, the more it happens.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Pics or STFU!

Was it white or wheat?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

That's amazing! 40lb bags flying off the shelves. I appreciate you sharing your experience. I'm still freaked out about seeing that flying bread yesterday.

As for the reply from Firegoggles...I was thinking the same thing! Why the hell would a ghost haunt a grocery store?? Maybe they're attracted to the activity?. I noticed there were a lot of disabled people at the store today.
People using those little scooters, people with portable oxygen tanks, etc
I wonder if that could that have something to do with it??

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

It was a loaf of Wonder Bread..white. I'm always the one to say 'pics or it didn't happen'!
It happened!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Good thing it was a loaf of bread and not a glass jar

Reading some of these stories I am starting to wonder if we are going to need protective gear to go shopping.

Seriously, that is freaky! At least you had confirmation from another person, imagine if it was only you? You'd probably question that that really happened...I think I would - unless there was someone else who saw it as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
well no mystery here .Every one knows bread rises,
I could tell you what happened to my at a Restaurant i worked at when i was 17 makes flying bread seam normal in camparasin,

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You should investigate if there has been a history of rodents in that store. The manager would probably not give that info away freely.,.. Grocery stores notoriously have rodent problems. Large mice and rats are known to push food off shelves in attempt to break it open so they can easily scoff it up. The same being true for pet stores, as rats are attracted to bagged food. That said, I doubt if a rat can move a 40lb bag, but who knows how big the rat is?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

The rodent explanation seems like the only "logical" explanation.
I could almost go with the idea of a rat pushing the loaf of bread off the shelf, but it violently flew across
the aisle...like someone throwing a football. As I said, I looked around the shelf area and didn't see anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I was working in a Supermarket about 10 years ago and it was haunted.
Being super sensitive with this kind of stuff,i felt strange the moment i walked in.I didn't say anything to the others who worked there.
So one day,one of the girls was taking her break in a room we had and we hear a scream and she ran out and said to the others "i saw him again".I asked who and they told me that they see a ghost.We exchanged experiences.
He wasn't evil or anything.The usual poltergeist stuff.Things were falling off the selves,after closing we could see him walking around,it was like a very fast,human shaped shadow,doors opened by themselves or stuck and wouldn't open,strange noises etc.We called him Mickey(a name stuck to my head after an encounter in my office-i was the assistant manager) and when something happened we used to say "Mickey knock it off".We actually talked to him and it seemed that this reduced his activity.
I tried to ask around what was the place before it became a supermarket,but the owner wouldn't tell me.The entire suburb where the supermarkert was located is quiet famous for hauntings,satanic rituals and other paranormal stuff.

ColeYounger try to find out what the place was before it became a supermarket.Maybe you'll get luckier than me.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There is a huge cemetery within a couple blocks of the store...maybe a spirit came over from there.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I hate to be the one to tell you but... You ran out of the grocery store so quickly you missed the Candid Camera set up. But don't worry. When they air the piece you'll get your 15 minutes of fame. I hear the look on your face was priceless!

On a more serious note - why not! Maybe it was one of these guys:

And yes, I do believe in ghosts, your story, and besides all my lame jokes I believe it's utterly possible and most probable the 'culprit' at your market is a ghost.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I work third stocking shelves at a big box store, and I see weird things all the time. Sometimes I will see people walking by out of the corner of my eye, and once I even saw an apparition standing behind a pallet that was against the wall, where no one could possibly have been standing. Things fly off the shelves all the time, or at the very least get knocked crooked. I talked to my supervisor about it one day and he told me he has seen some weird stuff over the years, and he's been working in that building since it was constructed. Over the years about 10 people have died in or around the store, mostly from accidents at the gas pumps.

What I always wonder when I see this stuff, is why would anyone wanna haunt a grocery store :p
edit on 10/1/2011 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What strikes me about your story is the bread section being empty when the store was so crowded. I've had some weird experiences myself and sometimes there would be subtle things that seemed out of place. Somebody said it is a way for our subconscious to warn us that things aren't normal.

I assume you felt odd about the bread section being so empty or you would not have mentioned it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ghosts are tied to the land and even though they build a new structure on top of where the old existed, the Ghosts are often times still there and they are pi$$ed because their home was torn down ~!

I have read of many haunting's in retail stores....they could even be former disgruntled employees or customers !

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

It did strike me as very odd that the aisle was empty. A couple other aisles I went down were
jammed with shoppers and I had to wait for them to move on.

I'm going back to the store shortly to see if the manager I spoke with was able to find out anything.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ah man, the classic haunted supermarket. I worked in one a long time ago and it was def. haunted. It was a small privately owned store and there were 3 of us that worked overnight.Before I get into the stories,I want to say that we were ALWAYS together when this stuff would happen.and we were close friends so we knew it wasn't one of us playing a prank.

We used to hear all kinds of stuff. For instance,we'd be working a few aisles away from the frozen aisle,and we'd hear someone running up the aisle opening and closing the freezer doors. Yet we'd go over there and there'd be no one there.Another time, there was bottles of soda on the floor,in a straight line from one side to the other.Then there was the time in the cereal aisle where there was two boxes of cereal..one standing up,with the other on top of it.Kind of like a T shape. We also used to find cigarette butts everywhere in the aisles.There's lots more that happened,but I don't want to clog your thread man. We found out after talking to the owner that one of the managers had a heart attack and died in the store.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

Could be to do with the area or what was there before the store, we investigate some quite new buildings that are haunted, although personally its usually a residual haunting in cases like this, not stuff being thrown about.

Or maybe he just really wanted some toast. Doubt you can get it on the otherside

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

My GF used to work in a department store in the City, now during WW2 the building that was there took a direct hit from a Nazi Bomb, the communal shelter under the building had around 100 people in it. No one survived !!

Many of the staff will not go to the basment alone as they had seen stock move or been pushed, prodded etc.

Been trying to get our investigation team in that place for like 18 months but they are not intrested.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join