It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

edit on 5-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by redstorm

I am slightly intrigued by what you are implying. I am a man of a decent income that currently lives by a standard well below that of my peers because I have placed others needs ahead of mine. I also am not a coveter and would never want to take anything that belonged to someone else. So unless you somehow know me or have another point to make than you need not reply.

What's your motivation to place others needs ahead of yours?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueSkies

I love them. I have helped several loved ones, whose income is significantly lower than mine, live a lifestyle as good as or better than my own. I do not imagine this as anything divine because I still stumble when it comes to helping strangers but I do pray regularly that god will help me with this flaw.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I still stumble when it comes to helping strangers but I do pray regularly that god will help me with this flaw.

This is the first step towards a true changing! Father sets parameters, he will not actively change a person unless they have the desire in their hearts to want to change. If he did this, we would all be just robots.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I love them. I have helped several loved ones, whose income is significantly lower than mine, live a lifestyle as good as or better than my own. I do not imagine this as anything divine because I still stumble when it comes to helping strangers but I do pray regularly that god will help me with this flaw.

Although it sounds noble. You might wonder why someone's comment triggers in you a need to be acknowledged for your good deeds.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

My friend, do not fall for the illusion of imperfection. Your testimony is one of a Good heart who does by their conscience with love. You were created to be you as only you can. You are perfect. When you see this yourself, you will see it in others and your burdens will disappear.

Let go of the millstone of Guilt.

And let NO ONE place it on you again.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I don't even know if invalid is the correct term. If one who did not have the knowledge of the words in the bible but lived with God in their hearts wrote a book and tried to help others acknowledge that love is a part of us that should be set aside as more than what we are I would not call that book invalid. I simply believe the whole truth is revealed in the bible.

The Koran is one of the most interesting books to me. The book was written well after the death of Mohammad who had been traveling as a trader to regions that were teaching of Christ. Many of the teachings are very similar to Christ’s. The Koran even states that they follow the same God as Abraham. The problem arises with the claim that the previous books had somehow been manipulated by man and that only the Koran is accurate. The Koran completely contradicts the Torah. Why would God choose a people, give them words, have them write them down, and then not make sure they were never manipulated. Ensuring that the words of God remain in a book as intended seems like a rather small task to me for God.

The biggest problem with the bible is not the bible but incorrect interpretation or simply teaching false dogma that directly contradicts the bible.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I thank you for the kind words but no one has put a burden on me. I choose to carry my cross.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueSkies
reply to post by Ashira

Agreed. But you can say the same of other spiritual leaders like Buddha or even more recently Gandhi. They were not Christian.

As a contrast I do not know any stories of Buddhists acting from hatred where as Christian history is full of fear and bloodshed.

Again as I indicated I much belief in Christ consciousness and its value. I just belief this has little to do with Christianity and the bible (except the bible gives account of Jesus' life who is a perfect example of Christ consciousness).

Well I remember reading about how Buddha was a general or something in His Father's(who was a king] army and one day He saw three men, one was poor another was sick and another was dead, and Buddha said: "It's man's lot in life to suffer." so He went and sat under a tree, tried to solve the problem, attained Nirvana and then tried to teach others. I have a question: Did Buddha ever give money to the poor man, take care of the sick man or raise the dead man to life?

And Gandhi, I don't remember what exactly He said about Christ, could You find that quote for me?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Because I am human. And I find it difficult to do as Christ did and sit there while insults are hurling. And I believe that any act I do that I boast about I surely have received my reward here on earth. So I fully understand the consequences of my boasting. Hopefully I will learn to better dust off me feet and walk away before allowing myself to become so defensive.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I much appreciate your point of view on the topic and it's a pleasure to have a discussion at a respectful tone.
As said I agree with you much truth can be found in the words of the bible and also in other ancient texts. I just do no resonate with the fears associated with the religions of the world.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I much appreciate your point of view on the topic and it's a pleasure to have a discussion at a respectful tone.
As said I agree with you much truth can be found in the words of the bible and also in other ancient texts. I just do no resonate with the fears associated with the religions of the world.

Nor do I. We are probably much closer in understanding than you may realize. The bible does not teach fear. Those who do not understand the word but choose to teach it anyways teach fear. For if they had a true understanding they would teach only love.

I teach my 6 year old like this. I ask her do you love daddy. Yes she says. Do you think daddy knows best for you? Yes she says. When you do bad things do you fear daddy? Yes she says. Will daddy hurt you? No she says. Do you know daddy always loves you? Yes she says.

She fears that she will not be good enough for daddy. This is the only fear that exists in love, not being good enough to deserve it. If I can love and forgive my child no matter what can’t God do this as well? I know he can and so much more.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Nor do I. We are probably much closer in understanding than you may realize. The bible does not teach fear. Those who do not understand the word but choose to teach it anyways teach fear. For if they had a true understanding they would teach only love.

I teach my 6 year old like this. I ask her do you love daddy. Yes she says. Do you think daddy knows best for you? Yes she says. When you do bad things do you fear daddy? Yes she says. Will daddy hurt you? No she says. Do you know daddy always loves you? Yes she says.

She fears that she will not be good enough for daddy. This is the only fear that exists in love, not being good enough to deserve it. If I can love and forgive my child no matter what can’t God do this as well? I know he can and so much more.

Do You tell Your Daughter not to take candy from strangers because something bad will happen to Her?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashira

Yes I teach her that there are bad people and that she needs to be mindful of this fact. When she gets older I will teach her ways to overcome this fear. I still have fear but not to the extent of most because I have no fear of death. But this is not the fear that the bible teaches. I do not fear Satan because I know God.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Ashira

Yes I teach her that there are bad people and that she needs to be mindful of this fact. When she gets older I will teach her ways to overcome this fear. I still have fear but not to the extent of most because I have no fear of death. But this is not the fear that the bible teaches. I do not fear Satan because I know God.

Good answer! For that here's some candy!

edit on 5-10-2011 by Ashira because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashira
Did Buddha ever .... raise the dead man to life?

The only people who ever accomplished anything close to that description would be modern day doctors. This happens in emergency rooms all across the world every day.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by redstorm

We can't understand you when you delete your posts!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

wear a cross lapel pin, if they ask then about it tell them the good news

OR - - a Crescent - - a Star of David - - a CTR pin - - an Atomic symbol - Celtic Cross - Wheel - Lotus -Yin Yang - - nothing but a smile.

Religious symbols of the world: www.religionfacts.com...

Out of over 4,000 spiritual beliefs in the world which ones have the Creator becoming a human and then laying down His life to save His creation?

That is your belief.

It has nothing to do with me or millions of other people.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join