The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 35
11
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 





The fact you don't even know what you said that is insulting - - - says a lot. I really don't care. I was just trying to make a point. And you just made it.


well..maybe you could try being less insulting , and explain to me exactly how you found what I said insulting..?

here are the words you took as insulting..




I agree that writings are not proof of anything Annee, and I don't have a problem with how you came to your conclusions.. and beliefs..and quite frankly understand where you are coming from..for the most part. I can't see where state and religion will ever be totally separated, as many laws are based on religiously inspired moral beliefs. If every level government would be run by atheists..would we not end up with laws that are still based on the concepts of an atheists morality?


I honestly don't see how my post above could be considered insulting, as compared to some of what you have posted ?

Never mind the explanation...

I was just trying to make my point as well.. and I think I made it..




posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   


I do agree that taking away the power of religion (though I may word it differently) is probably more beneficial to society than otherwise. However I'm uncertain as to whether this is the reason atheists are organizing.


Straight from the American Atheist website: Their main purpose for organizing is separation of church and state. They do however offer other insights and information. Feel free to read their site.

American Atheists Aims and Principles

American Atheists, Inc. is a nonprofit, nonpolitical, educational organization dedicated to the complete and absolute separation of state and church, accepting the explanation of Thomas Jefferson that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States was meant to create a "wall of separation" between state and church.

www.atheists.org...

edit on 5-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Why are you misquoting me now?

That quote appears to have been said by me, and it was not..it was posted by traditional drummer.

Any valid reason for the deception? If it was a mistake..please be moral and integral, take responsibility and change it .

Thank you



edit on 5-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I honestly don't see how my post above could be considered insulting, as compared to some of what you have posted ?



I know.

Christians say stuff all the time that could be insulting to Atheists - - - and are totally clueless to what they've said - - - because basically they are "blinded by god".

I am not clueless to anything I've said.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
That quote appears to have been said by me, and it was not..it was posted by traditional drummer.


Yep.

But it fit the current discussion.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
well..maybe you could try being less insulting , and explain to me exactly how you found what I said insulting..?


What is Atheist morality?



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 





Yep. But it fit the current discussion.


So..its ok to misquote me cause it fit the discussion??

Good grief..
hope that's not an example of your atheistic morality.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by gabby2011
I honestly don't see how my post above could be considered insulting, as compared to some of what you have posted ?



I know.

Christians say stuff all the time that could be insulting to Atheists - - - and are totally clueless to what they've said - - - because basically they are "blinded by god".

I am not clueless to anything I've said.



You're making the assumption that I am Christian.. just because of a few thoughts that I wish to share..

Aren't you the one who said text had no connotation, it is how the reader perceives it.. I think you took the post way too personally and saw things in it that were not intended.. I am merely asking questions.. and you are retaliating with insults.

I'm not sure at this point if you are capable of rational discussion.

I'll move on..and watch.. with interest..

edit: Thank you for taking my name of the quote that I can't take credit for
edit on 5-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
You're making the assumption that I am Christian.. just because of a few thoughts that I wish to share..


Actually - no I'm not. I'm speaking from the Christian perspective - - because that is what I know.


Aren't you the one who said text had no connotation, . . .


Really? This is how you respond to the question: "What is Atheist morality?"



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 





Really? This is how you respond to the question: "What is Atheist morality?"


I was referring to the ethics of responsibility and integrity that you implied with this statement.




Ethics come from integrity and responsibility. God is not required.


When I referred to you reading text out of connotation , I was referring to you seeing my questions as insults..

when in fact they were just questions....and I think you knew that...I was answering to accusations of being insulting.

now you are twisting things around.. when you use this statement..to say that's how I answer the question below.



Really? This is how you respond to the question: "What is Atheist morality?"


So..lets just say its best we don't even get into it any further as I fear you really don't understand the points I am trying to make.

back on topic.. Christians who believe that others are going to hell unless they believe in Jesus, are no threat to those who firmly believe there is no Jesus.. on a site such as this.

There beliefs can have no power unless you let them have power.











edit on 5-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Annee
 





Yep. But it fit the current discussion.


So..its ok to misquote me cause it fit the discussion??

Good grief..
hope that's not an example of your atheistic morality.


Cute


Is this really how you want to portray yourself?



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by gabby2011
I can't see where state and religion will ever be totally separated, as many laws are based on religiously inspired moral beliefs.

If every level government would be run by atheists..would we not end up with laws that are still based on the concepts of an atheists morality?


What is Atheist morality? Sounds like you are trying to insult me.

Ethics come from integrity and responsibility. God is not required.


Most atheists say something similar to this. My question then is how did these qualities get there? You truly think TOE explains this or do you have another theory or belief? I promise I ask this not as an insult but to search for understanding. I simply do not understand how one does not believe in some power greater than themselves that has influenced the existence of our morals and emotions.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 





Is this really how you want to portray yourself?


I would be more concerned as to how you are portraying yourself.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 





Most atheists say something similar to this. My question then is how did these qualities get there?


That was my point as well.. where is their basis and foundation on what is ethical?

What may seem good and just to one atheist may not apply to another atheist.. therefore the confusion and controversy continues.

edit on 5-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25


What is Atheist morality? Sounds like you are trying to insult me.



Ethics come from integrity and responsibility. God is not required.


Most atheists say something similar to this. My question then is how did these qualities get there? You truly think TOE explains this or do you have another theory or belief? I promise I ask this not as an insult but to search for understanding. I simply do not understand how one does not believe in some power greater than themselves that has influenced the existence of our morals and emotions.


What does TOE have to do with social awareness?

And I don't understand why I need an excuse to be ethical - - from an imaginary person - - outside myself.

-------------------------------

Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality — that is, concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong, virtue and vice, justice and crime, etc.

Major branches of ethics include:

- Meta-ethics, about the theoretical meaning and reference of moral propositions and how their truth values (if any) may be determined;
- Normative ethics, about the practical means of determining a moral course of action;
- Applied ethics, about how moral outcomes can be achieved in specific situations;
- Moral psychology, about how moral capacity or moral agency develops and what its nature is;
- Descriptive ethics, about what moral values people actually abide by.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-10-2011 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES!



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Yes but why do we have these morals or ethics. Many of the things we believe to be moral do not increase our ability to survive, they simply make survival more enjoyable.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by Annee
 


Yes but why do we have these morals or ethics. Many of the things we believe to be moral do not increase our ability to survive, they simply make survival more enjoyable.


Because humans are thinkers and figured it out.

When humans came together living in groups - - rules had to be made to keep harmony.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out the difference between Positive and Negative.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Most atheists say something similar to this. My question then is how did these qualities get there? You truly think TOE explains this or do you have another theory or belief?


All social species have codes of conduct; i.e., morals, ethics, etc. The TOE has highly detailed explanations of how these are developed. Morality does not appear to come from external command, rather arranged bottom-up by ourselves and those around us. We then codify them into laws and sometimes inject them into our religions and stamp our god's signature on them. Morals definitely come from societies rather than deities.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
All social species have codes of conduct; i.e., morals, ethics, etc. The TOE has highly detailed explanations of how these are developed.


I understand natural development creates needs and vice versa.

The TOE hangup just got to me



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Most atheists say something similar to this. My question then is how did these qualities get there? You truly think TOE explains this or do you have another theory or belief?


All social species have codes of conduct; i.e., morals, ethics, etc. The TOE has highly detailed explanations of how these are developed. Morality does not appear to come from external command, rather arranged bottom-up by ourselves and those around us. We then codify them into laws and sometimes inject them into our religions and stamp our god's signature on them. Morals definitely come from societies rather than deities.


The bible has a slightly different take, but at I see you have given this thought. My personal belief based on my observation of society is that we are actually loosing are morality. I am not sure how evolution accounts for this but the bible actually predicts it.





top topics
 
11
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

log in

join