It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calgary: Mysterious Hum Baffles Experts and Annoys Ranchlands Residents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Source

Calgary - It's a noise that's been driving some residents in Ranchlands crazy for the past three years, but a team investigating the mysterious, low-frequency hum have still not tracked down the source.

The hum has been confirmed in at least 20 houses in the northwest community through testing with noise meters by University of Calgary sound engineers.

Residents first started noticing the noise in 2008, but at a community meeting held Wednesday volunteer investigators who've been working on the case for more than two years could only identify potential sources they'd ruled out.

As someone that lives in Calgary this is a bit disturbing. They have had to live with this for 3 years? And they still have no idea where it is coming from?

I would be so mad, and I would imagine that living with this constant hum would drive someone crazy.

Just thought I would add this to the conglomeration of strange noise threads here on ATS.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Rather Interesting. And some say we've Discovered pretty much every inch of the earth, I on the other hand disagree. The mire we explore the more we realize the little we actually know. I'm sure their is a logical explanation for the LFO (Low Frequency Oscillation). Be interested weather to find out if its a natural or man made occurrence. S&F's to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I wonder if it is in synchronicity with the wind.

I don't know the area but is it possible there are caves or a rocky structure (such as a monument) nearby. It could be like blowing into a fizzy bottle's mouth hole but large scale.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
No, no caves, it's kind of in the middle of the north western part of the city no where near the edge of the city.

Cool analysis though. That could prove some of the cases.

Pred...
edit on 30-9-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There are a lot of people that say that these Low Frequency Oscillations are the product of Project HARPP at work. There is a video out there somewhere that I am currently looking for that I saw not too long ago. But In this video you can plainly hear in the background audio of an extremely low oscillating hum. It was one of the strangest noises that I have ever heard. But as soon as I find the video I’ll post it A.S.A.P. with a much more detailed explanation of what Project HARPP’s agenda is.

DSO

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
From what i've heard (im a local) its most likely faulty gas meteres on the new homes in the area. No caves in the area, though we are known for being windy particularly during our Chinooks (Foehn Wind for non locals). I'm however suprised the university study didn't find anything conclusive if it was a point source in all cases.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
unidentifiednoiseincalgary.blogspot.com...

www.humanresonance.org...

some more history of the humming
edit on 30-9-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Im from Calgary also and I remember hearing about this story a little while back.
I dont believe ive heard the noise that is being discussed.

Interesting stuff for sure though, thanks for posting.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Working on a hunch here , when did they erect the cell relay or whatever that tower is by the school and small retail area to the south of the community center ?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is the video I was speaking of that I saw. This is not a LFO but a UHFO (Ultra High Frequency) which works on the same principle.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Hey, your link is not working for me right now.

Im interested in viewing the video, not sure what the issue is though, maybe it was entered wrong?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ok... It didn't work. Could someone be so kind to explain to me how to post a Youtube Video Here on this site? I copied the URL and put it in the box provided and all it gave me was a box on the post.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Hre is the youtube link for the video.youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Holy Crap!!! I think I have it now!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think there is an underground base near them. Black ops. Alberta is one of the survival areas, solid ground, no earthquakes, good plates.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here is a lnk that better explains what the HAARP Project is about.en.wikipedia.org... arch_Program
Hope this clears some questions for you. Sorry about so many posts, still trying to get the hang of how some of the thing work on this site.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yes, an underground base to have an offgrid HAARP type technology could be there, but Alberta is used for bases, like Cold Lake and a few other area. Cold Lake is supposed to be simlilar to Denver Airport, and is one of the ones that needs to be dismantled by the people on a serve and protect mission when we take back the night, one day.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There is more information about this hum in this thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com... it is an international thing and noone has been able explain it all away.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

True, that's one of the reasons I like living here, very secure. I want to move because I hate the cold, but really, on the disasters side of things, we really don't have anything to worry about.

Hate the cold love the safety.

Pred....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Thanks for getting the link fixed!

Thats a very interesting video for sure.
Ill send it to my brother (who currently lives in Victoria) and see if he has anything to say about it.

Cheers

top topics

join