It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! U.S. Born Terror Boss Anwar Al-Awlaki Killed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
"my beliefs had turned me into a rebel of Washington's imperialism. my faith and convictions gave me strength to lambast the greatest tyrant of our time. it angered and frustrated them, while it left me in a state of peace and joy. what they were doing and continue to do in the muslim lands is what I felt, totally unacceptable to my religion."

how many people on this site are 100% behind this statement? I am. 100%.
America has been bombing the middle east non stop for at least 20 years... we've had our soldiers over there killing, raping and torturing citizens...

if this was turned around and muslims were on american soil, I would ambush, bomb, kill and whatever else I could think of to GET THEM OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!! who can blame them for thinking that... jeez most americans think we got to get the hell out of the middle east too!

Its only called terrorism because its THEM and not U.S.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
****DOUBLE POST PLEASE DELETE****
edit on 30-9-2011 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You call yourself a member of the Tea Party, but you defend Obama killing a US Citizen without a trial?

Wow. I think that's called hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

You call yourself a member of the Tea Party, but you defend Obama killing a US Citizen without a trial?

Did you read page 3?

Originally posted by beezzer
I've had a wee bit of education tonight. I'd like to take my previous position and state that perhaps I was a bit hasty and that as an American citizen, regardless of his vile position, he did deserve a trial.

An ATS mea culpa.

beez

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

You offer a weak argument at best; and yes many, many of us did in fact cry foul when Bin Laden was allegedly murdered.

America has gone soft? Since when were we supposed to consider the "macho posturing and locker room strutting" (to paraphrase the late George Carlin) to be a good thing? Whatever happened to live and let live?

WTF?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Interesting.

I wonder if they numerous people who starred his post also decided they were wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Awlaki has been reported in december 2009 and november 2010 and now today.Is he dead this time?

www.youtube.com...

youtube link of him being reported dead in 2009

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

How many times do you think anyone decides anything really before hitting that star button.

I don't know how much to believe about this guy, I don't think he considered himself a US citizen I'm guessing that much. Not sure what to make of all these "US born" terrorists that seem to be popping up out of virtually no where.
edit on 30-9-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Another boogeyman disposed of.I guess CIA was disappointed that Al-Awlaki did not turn out to be the terrorist super villain they had hoped he would be.Besides we still have Ayman al-Zawahiri who,due to his being OBL's right hand man makes him a much better boogeyman to scare the general public to go along with anything they propose.

PS:Here's an interesting article I found earlier:Secret US Memo sanctioned killing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
hmmm.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
"This webpage has been moved" is what I get when I try to access page 3 and Supporter_USA's thread I can't access at all and get the the same thing. How could this be when I can access all other threads and pages?

Perhaps because I don't believe the headlines of this "cleric" and he sure don't look anything like a Yemenite to me. In fact, I believe it's all a stage act of an actor with a suntan spray. If you look closely at some of the photos he appears much fairer skinned and his facial features is a dead give away he's not who they say he is.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because al-Asiri's death has not officially been confirmed.

Link Source

How can the Mainstream Media spin and cliam that Al-Awlaki has been Killed yet this kill isnt even confirmed officially yet eh?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

lol this guy has been dead multiple times in the news

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

They also tried to blame the Fort Hood incident on him. I got a nice laugh when I heard it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Now look at that.

That CIA is killing its own people again. What a waste.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Awww he must have made unflattering comments on the pentagon chief's cooking.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by deanx
Awww he must have made unflattering comments on the pentagon chief's cooking.

Chef's*

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Is this the first time that the U.S. has killed American citizens who are on the enemy side in times of war?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is great news... If you are going to denounce the united states and actively try to destroy it, we have something for you a missile.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This op-ed makes the legal case that the killing is justified. It reads how Obama came to the decision to do this.

www.thedailybeast.com...

This has shocked the American Civil Liberties Union, Ron Paul, legal scholars, and libertarians, who have long argued that the constitution’s Fifth Amendment, which says that no citizen shall be “deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law” means that the constitution bars killing non-combatants without a trial. Since Awlaki had not been convicted in a proper court or hasn’t been killed while shooting at American soldiers, they contend, his killing is unconstitutional. A side argument, beloved by the ACLU, is that the method of deciding who goes on the CIA target list is secret and therefore an illegal violation of due process.

These are clever arguments, but wrong. Federal courts have rejected the ACLU’s view when it brought a case seeking to bar the listing of U.S. citizens on the CIA’s terrorist hit list. Awlaki’s own father made a similar argument in another court and it too was rejected.

So, after a lot of thought and reflection, and the urging of Clinton and Panetta, the president decided to abandon Awlaki to the traitor’s death that he deserved. Obama decided that the constitution gave the president the power to kill those who make war against the United States, even if they are citizens

The immoral foulness and depravity of these murdering religious fanatics to me justifies their killing. They are outright murderers who have perverted a religion and deserve the violence done to them.

So any thinking individual can see the justification for this, though the legal and constitutional aspect of it may be unclear. . . .This op-ed may makes the case for the legal and constitutional justification for this act.

These misguided and barbaric terrorist may hide behind the constitution and recruit American jihadists if they allow Awlaki to get away with his activities of going to foreign lands to threaten Americans, therefore the targeting of these murderers on foreign lands, even though they are citizens of the US, is justified in protecting American citizens from their actions.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join