It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! U.S. Born Terror Boss Anwar Al-Awlaki Killed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I hate religion and I'm not putting it out there to try and make him seem like a "good guy". I personally have no clue about this guy personally other than what the media has told me.

But here he is in a speech saying that the killing of civilians is wrong. He also speaks against tyranny and the USA foreign policy.

Gives you something to consider. Though I know people don't always follow what they preach.

edit on 9/30/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

I realize that one video does not represent a persons total views.

But he sure sounds like a reasonable man to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow......a great many people on this site don't seem to understand that CONSTITUTIONALLY; treason is a crime. Amongst the most serious of crimes in fact. Punishable by death. And there aren't much worse acts of treason I can think of than becoming a radical islamic and consorting with terrorists that want nothing more than to kill US citizens.....and in case you forgot.....succeding in killing a few thousand when they brought down the World Trade Center (assuming you believe the official story, and whether you believe it or not is irrelevant as the official story is still "law" at this point). He was guilty of treason......the sentence was death. End of.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Larry L because: to edit....duh

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Is it good that he is dead? Yes, he deserves it, but the way he went about it is wrong.

Should have been done according to law, one wonders what will happen when they start killing people who are against the FED, who are against a corrupt government.

This is a troubling development.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I hate religion and I'm not putting it out there to try and make him seem like a "good guy". I personally have no clue about this guy personally other than what the media has told me.

But here he is in a speech saying that the killing of civilians is wrong. He also speaks against tyranny and the USA foreign policy.

Gives you something to consider. Though I know people don't always follow what they preach.

I realize that one video does not represent a persons total views.

But he sure sounds like a reasonable man to me.

There are plenty of videos that make Hitler, Stalin, Dr. Josef Mangele, Akmad.....the Iranian President (lol) and Charles Manson sound like reasonable men as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L
Wow......a great many people on this site don't seem to understand that CONSTITUTIONALLY; treason is a crime. Amongst the most serious of crimes in fact. Punishable by death. And there aren't much worse acts of treason I can think of than becoming a radical islamic and consorting with terrorists that want nothing more than to kill US citizens.....and in case you forgot.....succeding in killing a few thousand when they brought down the World Trade Center (assuming you believe the official story, and whether you believe it or not is irrelevant as the official story is still "law" at this point). He was guilty of treason......the sentence was death. End of.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Larry L because: to edit....duh

And when exactly was his conviction in a U.S. court for treason?

Hell ,forget conviction.

When was he charged with treason in a U.S. court?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

When exactly was it, that he was charged with any crime, for that matter?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Man some peoples opinions on ATS scare me.

Will Obama sign your death warrant next for being a domestic terrorist? Who knowssssssssss

Things start out slow then trickle down to full on tyranny

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

When was there ever any “rule of law” in this world, save the rule of the jungle and the guy with the biggest guns?

The world has never lived by any rule of law or we wouldn’t have to worry about terrorists or the American empire

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Larry L

"He was guilty of treason"

Which open fair court decided that?.. when did US allegations pass the smell test of being aggressively contested?

ohblahblahs administration laughably claims it was "self-defense"..lmao Any nation feeling threatened by the US can now target so called "officials", using secret notes as justification... it's the new American way dont ya know. If "we" dont need no stinkn laws!.. nobody does.. it's a free for all

Elitists sentenced him to death in secret.. like N korea, Nazi Germany et al

www.cbsnews.com...

"..a secret Justice Department memo sanctioned the killing of Awlaki.."

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
reply to post by Larry L

"He was guilty of treason"

Which open fair court decided that?.. when did US allegations pass the smell test of being aggressively contested?

Birds of a feather...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by blood0fheroes

What you are forgetting is that this guy told active fanatics to murder US citizens.
He gave them the moral approval according to his distorted version of Islam. There is evidence that he did this in testimony by terrorists and his speeches.

Charles Manson...didn't directly murder anyone...but he instructed others to kill.....he conspired .....he is guilty.

This is how I view Al-Awlaki....he preached...he instructed....he promoted....his is guilty.

I do wish he had been given a trial though....I would have liked to hear testimony....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Charles Manson...didn't directly murder anyone.

Thank you for mentioning this, as this was my point exactly. Even Charlie Manson got a fair trial, after being charged with a crime!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What must a citizen do when war is declared upon his nation, for example like when the Japs declared war on USA in the 40s?

Get a federal prosecutor to state the case in the Supreme Court?
Get the NYPD to Japan, arrest the Jap Emperor, haul him back to USA and trial him for crimes against humanity, or soon to commit crimes to humanity and crimes already committed to humanity?

Get real. You fight back against the animals before they kill you and your loved ones as the Japs of the 40s did at Pearl Harbour. You try darnest as hell to shoot down that mitsubishi zero plane before it launch its torpedos upon ships filled with sailors.

Similarly in the case of war against terrorism. Do remember - JIHAD IS A DECLARATION OF WAR AGAINST HUMANITY !!!!

Al Queda and its various offshoots had ALREADY declared war on humanity, and had never wavered in words or actions in its murder of innocent lives. Thus any Jihadist found will be destroyed immediately. For those nations that harbours Jihadist, it will be the responsibility of their government leaders, regardless if secular or Islamist, to destroy those jihadists when encountered before they hurt and harm fellow mankind.

Islam is a religion of peace. Radicals seeking power had twist it to become a weapon of terror to the masses. Muslims throughout the world had REJECTED jihad in its present form and seeks not to hurt or harm anyone. Only the radicals are calling for the barbaric murders of innocent humans, including those suicide bombers whom had been brainwashed to serve these radicals greed of power.

It is ok to have differences even in religion, but NO one needs to die. All it takes is for tolerance and better understanding through discussions and debates, and finding of common grounds to stand and co-exist together as unique creations given the precious gift of life and love by our common Creator, who is known by many names and many ethnic groups across time, geological and social developmental barriers.

Murdering others because of their difference by declarations of war is nothing more than a regression back to the jungles which our current civilisation had strived so hard to evolve from.

Thus for those whom shed misguided tears for the death of a terrorists, or claim they were killed without trial, do ask those victims of terrorism if they were given a chance to present their own case for death before being bombed to bits through the declaration of war by the terrorists.

War against humanity had been declared by these few Jihadists and therefore, we entire mankind will not back down to face up, to return measure for measure till they sue for peace or unconditional surrender.

edit on 2-10-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Things are not so simple anymore.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

It is simple when one awakens and is able to cut through all the BS.

It's all about GREED again. This time greed of Power. It's the tentacles of greed that entwins, entrapped and confuse others to thinking there is more to it.

Our Creator, a being as wise and old as the Universe never needed a bunch of raghead bearded radicals to kill mankind. He could do it with one simply flick of his finger if He wishes it so. There had NEVER been a call for the supposed 'Holy War'. It was only a call by power lusting evil men seeking for total domination of mankind.

It is presumptous and evil of those animals to brainwashed others using His name to obtain Power, and now is the responsibility of every human being to use his own free will to ferret such monsters out for the blasphemy done to our common Creator. The cries of the innocent dead can no longer be ignored, regardless jews, muslims, christians, hindus, buddishts, atheist, etc, all whom loved our Creator in our own unique way for His gift of life and love.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

A slight tangent, but cest la vi

Get real. You fight back against the animals before they kill you and your loved ones as the Japs of the 40s did at Pearl Harbour.

So tell me, then. In your opinion, did the bombing of Pearl Harbor justify, in turn, the indefinite detention of Japanese descended American citizens? Because this is correlative to what we are discussing.

And further, how exactly can one "fight back"; against an "enemy" who has caused no injury, himself?.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Thus for those whom shed misguided tears for the death of a terrorists, or claim they were killed without trial, do ask those victims of terrorism if they were given a chance to present their own case for death before being bombed to bits through the declaration of war by the terrorists.

There are no tears shed for these men by us, and your misguided, thinly veiled, attempt at calling us cowards; or worse, sympathizers, is ignorance at best. The call for caution stems from the fact that the killing of this man, this American Citizen - by his own damned government - without so much as an indictment, should make every single American citizen's hair stand on the backs of their necks. The proverbial: "Danger, Will Robinson; Danger!!" Alarm should be sounding in every thinking man's mind right now!

If you think that "awe shucks, well he was a bad guy......my government would never come after me, for something I said!!" Well, then, I pity you.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
don't know if this was posted yet, but this is an amazing exchange between a reporter and the WH press secretary..
www.youtube.com...

this is just scary.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
FYI,
I am currently overseas and received a warning via e-mail today entitled EMERGENCY MESSAGE UNITED STATES CITIZENS: (there is no #1?)

The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the potential for retaliation against U.S. citizens and interests following the deaths of key figures in the terrorist group al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula on September 30. This Travel Alert expires on November 30, 2011.

2. On 30 September, U.S. and Yemeni government officials confirmed that dual U.S.-Yemeni citizen Anwar al-Awlaki,the external operations leader of Al Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), was killed in Yemen. Open source information also indicates that U.S. citizen and AQAP propagandist Samir Khan was killed along with him. Awlaki played a key role in advancing AQAP plots targeting the United States.

3. The death of Awlaki, in the near term, could provide motivation for anti-American attacks worldwide from individuals or groups seeking to retaliate against U.S.citizens or interests because of this action. In the
past Awlaki and other members of AQPA have called for attacks against the United States, U.S. citizens and U.S.interests. Awlaki's standing as a preeminent English-language advocate of violence could potentially trigger
anti-American acts worldwide to avenge his death.

4. U.S. citizens are encouraged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). U.S. citizens without internet access may enroll directly at the nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate. By enrolling,U.S. citizens make it easier for the embassy/consulates to contact them in case of emergency.

5. Up-to-date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, on a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

6. Stay up to date by bookmarking our Bureau of Consular Affairs website, which contains the current Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts as well as the Worldwide Caution. Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on facebook as well.

7. For information on "What the Department of State Can and Can't Do in a Crisis," please visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs' Emergencies and Crisis link at:

travel.state.gov...

U.S. citizens traveling and residing abroad should enroll in the Smart Travelers Enrollment Program (STEP). travelregistration.state.gov... U.S. citizens without internet access may enroll directly at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at their destination. By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy to contact them in case of emergency.

U.S. Consulate General

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

Charles Manson was present when the crimes took place, that is why he was found guilty. Not to mention he planned them... not just "inspired" people.
edit on 10/2/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join