It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! U.S. Born Terror Boss Anwar Al-Awlaki Killed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

You make a good case to justify your personal fear, but I'm still not buying it. Lets take a look through all the bias and propaganda that surrounds this man, and look at the bare facts.

This man, who by birth is a citizen of our nation, was killed; by his own government, without: a trial, an indictment, or even so much as being charged with a crime. He was killed for the words he spoke - nothing more.

He really was no different from the preacher from Westboro Baptist, who I also despise. Yet, for both of them, their natural right to say what they wish is, and (hopefully) always will be, protected.

In this country, we do NOT have a protection for freedom of speech, just so that we may discuss the weather or other government sanctioned topics.

I say this is a very dangerous precedent, because I can only imagine who will be next, once we have run out of brown people to bomb. That choice will be at the whim of future presidents, and it could be yellow people, or circus midgets, or you and I. Though, the most likely situation is, it will be anyone who questions this governments authority.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by KonigKaos

their days are numbered, as the saying goes.

step right up! lot's of job openings!

great pay (if you live long enough), fame, the best afterlife bennies, all the toys you want, reasonable hours, all meals and laundry included, cave supplied.

keep em' coming! some lucky bastard will be world famous!

eta; just saw that on fox, sorry he choose the life he lived.
edit on 30-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

Ha! That's hilarious. (lol)

Don't forget, if you're a big boss like Bin Laden, you get dropped off the side of an aircraft carrier like Megatron from the first Transformers film. Sending you off in style!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I am reading through this thread and I am thinking "man there are a lot of unthinking brutes out there ready to kill or die for their globalist corporatist masters on command."

Abandoning the rule of law, for rule by murdering corporatist psychopaths is not going to turn out well for the United States or the rest of the world. You will feed this beast your children without a thought as to why? This sickens me.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

You make a good case to justify your personal fear, but I'm still not buying it. Lets take a look through all the bias and propaganda that surrounds this man, and look at the bare facts.

This man, who by birth is a citizen of our nation, was killed; by his own government, without: a trial, an indictment, or even so much as being charged with a crime. He was killed for the words he spoke - nothing more.

He really was no different from the preacher from Westboro Baptist, who I also despise. Yet, for both of them, their natural right to say what they wish is, and (hopefully) always will be, protected.

In this country, we do NOT have a protection for freedom of speech, just so that we may discuss the weather or other government sanctioned topics.

I say this is a very dangerous precedent, because I can only imagine who will be next, once we have run out of brown people to bomb. That choice will be at the whim of future presidents, and it could be yellow people, or circus midgets, or you and I. Though, the most likely situation is, it will be anyone who questions this governments authority.

As I read through the post in this thread I've considered both, the arguments of those who support this action as well as those who don't and I have to admit that there are valid points to be made on both sides of this argument.

Even though I agree with the concept that killing american citizens without due process, in the broader sense of the term, is both unconstitutional and unethical. On the other hand, I hear many people spouting off that some new precedent is being set by this particular action against Al-Awlaki and I have to disagree with that assessment. Did Bonnie & Clyde get a day in court or were they gunned down in an ambush set up by law enforcement? John Dillinger didn't get much better treatment outside the Biograph Theater in 1934. Both of these U.S. citizens were killed without a trial right here on american soil and neither of them committed treason.

Al-Awlaki was guilty of treason in that he made the conscious choice to aid and abet an enemy of the U.S., a crime for which the punishment is death. He chose to fight with the enemy and now I'm supposed to avoid killing him just because he's smart enough to use his U.S. citizenship as a shield against such attempts? Furthermore, I don't believe that he was killed because we "despise" him. More than likely it was due to his cooperative efforts to kill U.S. citizens at any and every opportunity.

I would much rather see us utilize technology to "capture or kill" terrorist that to expend thousands of lives capturing them just so they can meet the same end. Case in point; The hunt and capture of Saddam Hussein.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

I am a 911 truther and don’t usually agree with the American empires actions; that I often condemn.

But in this case—I know personally—being from an Islamic heritage—of the evil and dangerousness of these religious fanatics!

They will kill and murder woman, children, decent good people and anyone in their barbaric “cause” that has no basis in the legitimate idea of Jihad. . . they have distorted the concept.

These brainwashed murderers are among the most dangerous kinds of fanatics because of the way they distort faith—that tells them they are justified in killing anyone and anything that they deem are against their lunatic version of God.

Legally speaking, I have reservations but it is clear that the courts have justified this act legally and constitutionally. So this issue boils down to how dangerous we deem these religious fanatics can be towards innocent people, and that it is justified to hunt them down and blow them away to save innocent lives.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Al-Awlaki was guilty of treason in that he made the conscious choice to aid and abet an enemy of the U.S.
reply to post by Flatfish

This is where i disagree. He committed no crime, other than thought or speech. Thoughts and speech, no matter how vile or detestable, should never be a crime.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Legally speaking, I have reservations but it is clear that the courts have justified this act legally and constitutionally. So this issue boils down to how dangerous we deem these religious fanatics can be towards innocent people, and that it is justified to hunt them down and blow them away to save innocent lives.

Legally speaking, until a crime is committed, no crime has taken place. As to the courts justifications, these are emotional justifications and not legal ones. Courts do not make laws, they rule on existing ones. Further, laws are not issued; rather they are discovered. To bring understanding of a law, legislation is issued, because legislation is merely man's observation of law.

When legislation becomes anything other than evidence of law, it is a decree, a mandate. There is no place for either of these in a free society....Tyrants issue mandates, while the leader of a free people should do no more than try to further understanding of law.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

What you are forgetting is that this guy told active fanatics to murder US citizens.
He gave them the moral approval according to his distorted version of Islam. There is evidence that he did this in testimony by terrorists and his speeches.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Again, he only spoke. People make their own choices, no one can force you to do anything. No matter how vile the speech - it is still not a crime.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
...again.

Keep watching, they'll probably kill him again next year. Can't have a "war on terror" unless you show some progress, even if it's fake.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I see a false flag in our very near future. It's like the Govt. is already preparing us by stating that we should expect retaliation..... We know it's going to happen, I just wonder where it will take place...Chicago? LA? Who knows...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How the HELL do all these "proven" terrorists get to have dinner at the Pentagon a couple months after 9/11, and sleepovers with the President, etc.? Nobody finds that odd, even through the jingoism and hate wood? I don't know of ANY average citizens that get that kind of access. They don't let us anywhere near those places. It's also funny, when you read the mainstream sites, there are 'liberals' and 'neo-cons', both praising the assassination yet still fighting amongst each other and trying to paint the other side as being against it...even calling for drone strikes against hippies AND against Tea Party folks. I feel like we've been in a 10 year long episode of the Twilight Zone, every day gets weirder and weirder...

edit on 1-10-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
weel, if POTUS can order aw-laki whacked, and he's an american citizen, he can have YOU whacked too, just on his say-so.

Or me.

or anyone.

Obama is starting to come off like John Gotti(with a hotter wife).

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Yup, if I were Ted Nugent I'd be a little nervous right now. If all the media needs is video of you ranting against the U.S. government to convict you of terrorism in the eyes of the nation, you tube will make the suppliers of drone missiles RICH.

edit on 1-10-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
...again.

Keep watching, they'll probably kill him again next year. Can't have a "war on terror" unless you show some progress, even if it's fake.

remember like 5 years ago, when the media reported at least 3 different "20th hijacker" guys, and reported that we killed al-qaida's "number 2" like 10 times
when you think about it, it makes sense: al-qaida literally means "toilet". lots of "number 2's" going on

edit on 1-10-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Good.
Don't know was else to add other than, "Good. real damned good."

yup, it is "real damned good" that we are assassinating foreign nationalists.
and yup, i'm completely amazed how short sighted so many "patriots" are...

what the heck ever happened to "due process" ??
"innocent till proven guilty" ??

yup, just kill anybody ya don't like.

by the way, do you know who the REAL terrorists are??

for starters, look at those who declared war on, conquored, and destroyed Afghanistan and Iraq.

exactly why did we kill 100's of thousands of Iraqies and Afghans?

because of nonexistant WMDs and unfounded links to terror organizations?

isn't destroying entire nations for no particular reason "WAR CRIMES" ??

Bush, Cheney, Powell, etc should be tried for WAR CRIMES...

If you people really think there is any difference between Germany occupying Poland during WW2
and our occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, you are beyond naive.

the ONLY difference is that the Nazis were held responsable for their crimes.

Bush got only praise for his crimes.

And the precedent Bush established in killing anyone and anything he didn't like
continues in this insane policy of assassinating foreigners.

And exactly how are all you lovers of assassination going to feel when they start
assassinating Americans??

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by arufon

I guess you missed this little gem on page 3.

I've had a wee bit of education tonight. I'd like to take my previous position and state that perhaps I was a bit hasty and that as an American citizen, regardless of his vile position, he did deserve a trial.

An ATS mea culpa.

beez

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
US warns of retaliation following cleric's killing :

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration says the killing of a U.S.-born cleric in Yemen has raised the risk of anti-American violence worldwide.

and then this:

The State Department issued a similar alert after Osama bin Laden was killed in Pakistan. This latest alert is set to expire at the end of November.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I always thought it was going to be the US that took him out. can't say I'm surprised to hear he's dead just who killed him. it's almost a shame he was on the kill on sight list. he could of coughed up much info if we has taken into custody and given a trial.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by beezzer

Lets just say he is guilty (for the sake of argument)... so every other USA citizen criminal that is "thought to be" guilty shouldn't have a trial? He is labeled "terrorist suspect", suspect doesn't mean guilty.

He also dined at the pentagon after 9/11. Last time I checked most terrorist suspects don't get that privileged.

Exactly. The treatment al-queda gets does not make sense at all. Last time I heard you are pressumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If they have lots of evidence against al-queda members then why the hell do they prefer to kill rather than bring them to the usa and at least give them a kangaroo hearing?

You know disgrace them and islam.............AND THEN HANG THEM! Even the nazis were given the nurembourge trials after ww2 was over.
Only a government that has something to hide will choose the covert option.

And last time I checked it was ILLEGAL to use cia drones in foreign countries unless you are OFFICIALLY at war them. Is the usa at war with pakistan and yemen and no one found out? Pathetic! If I was yemen or pakistan I would make A HUGE DEAL ABOUT THIS AT THE UN!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join