It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are sorry that our President is an idiot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Anyone here speak french?
The photo is an attached washing tag with the washing instructions in both English and French. The English is exactly what you would expect and so is the French, for the first 6 lines. The last three lines of French are most interesting. "We are sorry that our President is an idiot. We didn't vote for him."

It's good to see that not all Americans agree with the current administration.

[edit on 2006/4/26 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
hehe, actually, I think that garment must've been sold in Canada, if it's English and French...

And I did learn to exercise caution and not blame all Americans for Bush - that would be really unfair, as unfair as some people saying all Muslims are terrorists.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just washing instrutions. BTW, we are sorry for you, having to put up with him. May you do the right thing in the upcoming election.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Is it about Bush or is it about Tom Bihn, the company president?

Most consumers have viewed this message as an obviously deliberate (and, to many, inappropriate) slam at U.S. President George W. Bush, but the company's response to the controversy has been coy, maintaining that the "message began as an inside joke among seamstresses and staff at the Tom Bihn factory, and was apparently intended to poke fun at company's founder and president, Tom Bihn":

Snopes

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I didn't read down that far. That was funny. Your president is an idiot. Don't vote for him.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Is it about Bush or is it about Tom Bihn, the company president?

Nice find! I had not heard of that side of the story.
Snops is good.

I especially liked this part...

... said Mr. Bihn. "It's a universal message."

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I posted this actually a long time ago. If I knew how to use the stupid boolean search or a way to see ALL my posts, I would post the link.
I hate boolean search.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I posted this actually a long time ago. If I knew how to use the stupid boolean search or a way to see ALL my posts, I would post the link.
I hate boolean search.

Oh sorry, didn�t know.
However, I found it for you.
Here:
Washing instruction tags on Tom Bihn bags carry a hidden message in French

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well if its about bush, at least someone is apologising for it... the world needs re-assurance that its not ALL of the USA which has gone mad

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
If I knew how to use the stupid boolean search or a way to see ALL my posts, I would post the link.
I hate boolean search.

Here is an easy way.
You go into a group, like this one:
Politics & Scandals
...then on the dark grey line at the top you click "Author a" or "Author d" (ascending or descending). Now you can find all the posts you authored in this group much easier. Right now I find your posts starting on page 35 (or was it 36?). You have authored 9 threads so far in this group as far as I can see.
When you want a normal view again, you simply click on the "last post" on the same above-mentioned grey line.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The french better watch out, the 5 supreme court judges that voted Bush into office might pass a law that bans anything with french on it.

But yes, the majority of America did not vote for Bush, so please don't blame us for King George.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
The french better watch out, the 5 supreme court judges that voted Bush into office might pass a law that bans anything with french on it.

like we could actually get that lucky.

Originally posted by James the Lesser
But yes, the majority of America did not vote for Bush, so please don't blame us for King George.

And while your at it don�t blame us for slick willie as he didn�t have a majority either time.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes

And while your at it don�t blame us for slick willie as he didn�t have a majority either time.

Yeah but 'slick Willie' (i assume youmean Clinton) was a GOOD president, who the world looked up to and respected... where as bush is a # president who the world has no repsect for and pretty much laugh at (when their not getting bombed by him)... Would you rather be looked up to as a honourable nation with good ethics and values, or looked down on as an agressive nation who dont care about anyone but themselves...

Oh and by the way... the apology for your president is not accepted...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

Originally posted by keholmes

Yeah but 'slick Willie' (i assume youmean Clinton) was a GOOD president, who the world looked up to and respected... where as bush is a # president who the world has no repsect for and pretty much laugh at (when their not getting bombed by him)... Would you rather be looked up to as a honourable nation with good ethics and values, or looked down on as an agressive nation who dont care about anyone but themselves...

in your opinion, the most non-partisan book on the subject I�ve seen ranks him as 29th out of thirty-something. As for respected, it�s funny you mention Clinton as good and soon after list good ethics and values as positive attributes, things that only the Looney left would charge with possessing Clinton. And if by aggressive, you are referring to battling terror, call me crazy but then I only care about America. Ps don�t worry, we'll get rid of the people who hate you too, no don�t thank us, allowing your government to confiscate all legal weapons was more than enough thanks.

Originally posted by specialasianX
Oh and by the way... the apology for your president is not accepted...

Good because in case you can�t tell I didn�t apologize�.I�ll type slower next time.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
KeHolmes,

I know you didnt apologise, its not something the supposrters of the right are good at doing, even when they know they are wrong... so i wont hold it against you...

As for your president battling terror... Are you guys purposefully being ignorant, or are you just plain dumb? Iraq had no links to al-qaeda and Osama is still at large... do you honestly still believe this is still the war or terror?

And if you would take the time to look at what the rest of the world thinks and how they view the US, you would see there is little respect for your country since bush came to power... Around 9/11 there was a brief period of sympathy... then Bush went off and #ed that up and everyone hates him...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
specialasianX

Wow, nice, I notice you didn�t like having logic applied to your stance, and dropped right into the usual leftist intolerant rant. Well first, I�m not a supposrters of the right. Whatever supposrters of the right are? Second, I can�t think of any reason not to admit; my bad, as I�m not enlightened and I believe in owning up. I don�t particularly care if you hold it against me, if you wish to go ahead. Dumb instead of racist, wow you�re changing it up a little, nice. I also noticed that you made sure to narrow the terrorist support question to only al-qaeda. And yes, I honestly still believe this is a war on terror. Syria didn�t seem to have a question as to who the war was with, I�m kind of unsure as to why you do. And no I�m not stupid enough to think that al-qaeda is the only terrorist organization that America needs to pay attention/deal with. And as far as taking the time to look at what the rest of the world thinks, I looked and appeasement is not an option. As far as your brief sympathy, if it comes with conditions, then I�ve got some suggestions for where you can store it. And everyone doesn�t hate Bush, some although disagreeing with a portion of his platform respect him for having backbone, being decisive and not taking the temperature of opinion (be it national or world) before every decision. As far as osama still being at large�.I guess you�ve never hunted, huh?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Keholmes, no matter how eloquently you put it, that still sounds like Rep. BS to me. I personally am amazed that Bush had enough calcium left for a backbone with the thickness of his skull. and crossbones?

BTW, I think a true Rep. is one that loves his party and hates Bush. He is bad for the country and bad for the party.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
KEHolmes

Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism... the only 'terrorists' there are the resistance fighters who are quite rightly battling against illegal occupation... maybe their techniques are a little harsh, but if you wer in their position i'm sure you'd be a little cruel as well...

As for the 'rest of the world' and their opinion of bush...

Do you realise how much of a laughing stock he is to the rest of the world... do you know how little respect america holds in the international community now? When Clinton was in power the world respected and looked up to the USA, since 9/11 the world has seen the current administration for what it is... why do you think no-one wanted to go into Iraq with the USA? Because they realised that it wasnt to fight terrorists but to fuel US national interests. Your right not everyone hates bush, but the majority of the world does.

Why did bush throw so much behind Iraq when the person who allegedly commited the 9/11attacks is still at large? Why not send all the troops in Iraq to go after Osama, Or other terror groups like the IRA, or ETA or the other non-islamic groups who dont live in areas with lots of oil and other resources...

oh and i see that since you have no good points to make yourself you have to pick on small typing errors, typical of the righties to deviate from the real issue to try and save some face

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
what is so funny about Bush's campaign ads on television is the ad's actually prove just how ignorant, fake, un-christian-like, and hollow Bush&Co really are. How can this man, this so-called president of the United States claim to be a good christian "the choosen one"
that talks to GOD and GOD tells him to bomb Iraq ( the man's insane), but yet put falsehoods/lies( campaign ads) about Kerry on the TV , knowing that he is lying about the man, and then lets the swift-vets help him by running more lies. I don't know how anyone could want the "village idiot" from Texas as president of the U.S. , I can see them voting the idiot in as president of the IDIOT CLUB. NO WAY !!!!!

I am curious about something though,..... I wonder if all X-presidents have protection once their out of the white house. Bush has made a lot of enemies these four years of stupid things he's done and has gotten many people killed over greed,....... . I'm so glad I'm not in his shoes.

I hope that the other countries realize that not all Americans agree with or like what Bush has done, and with GOD's blessings will get Bush voted out in Nov.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I know not all you guys like him and although i dont like Kerry either he's the lesser of two evils in my eyes...

Anyway if bushgets another term, i'm sure someone will assasinate him... and maybe that would be better for the world... instead of gettign him out of office, just get rid of him full stop.. i wont do it myself coz i got too much to live for... but all it takes is one person, who has lost everything due to bush, to snap and shoot one shot into him... maybe in a perfect world

top topics

<<   2 >>

join