It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If all 3 top religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are Abrahamic religions. Why fighting?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Why do you think that Catholics are forbidden to practice birth control?

There was a reason why they determined to read the Onan incident as being against birth control.

The more children born, the more followers of their religion.

If you want to grow an army, make sure that there isn't any way to stop it from growing.

Make it illegal and/or immoral.

Or allow for multiple marriages. There's more than one way around this.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Isn't Isaac and Ishmael really just a later rendition of the Enki and Enlil with one the son of an inferior 'Mother' ?

I doubt Judaism will ever settle for a relationship born on equality simply because its propaganda, written by its own scribes, announces to the world that they alone are God's 'chosen' ones. Also just looking back in time there are certain religious 'hot spots' in the world where the proponents of different religions make a habit of fighting each other. Parents teach their children hatred and so it goes on and on. The other two religions are equally aloof in their outlook also.

What amazes me about the people within the so-called Abramic or desert religions is that people don't seem to notice how antagonistic their individual God(s) are to humanity. They don't question the fact that God has never qualified his existence, he exists purely on blind faith and a pro-active priesthood. I suspect there is, apart from the bible, no verifiable evidence of Abraham's background or life. If you go back to Enlil and Enki they supposedly came here to plunder this planet of gold and probably to enslave us to do the mining. Yet not a word is said about the morals of arriving on a planet, grabbing its assets and enslaving its inhabitants. Not a word of criticism is raised against the biblical god who destroyed much of life on this planet by a huge flood and later destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. I suspect very few of the people who sturdily support these beliefs will ever stop to think about the nature of the God they worship or question his supposed actions.

Its also interesting in that life flourished in the Americas and further East with very different belief systems (albeit they share the flood myth) Both these areas are rich with gold yet the Annanaki and the 'God's who created the world' didn't seem to bother with these other regions, one can only wonder at their reluctance.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It is most likely that E.T. has been visiting Earth for Millenia...and there are many signs and artifacts that point to this. I recently watched a show detailing how precise the Sphinx in Egypt was constructed. In fact it is constructed so perfectly that a picture negative was placed in reverse over another picture of the Sphinx and the lines matched up PERFECTLY.

The ownwer of a U.S. based company that works with computerized sculpting of solid alluminum blocks with a robotic laythe stated....It is apparent that after close analization by laser scans that the Sphinx has been sculpted to such perfection and balance that it is with 100% certainty we know that it could not have been so created by non-computerized means.

In fact...he went on to say...even with a computerized model or guide...Human hands could still not have sculpted it to within it's current state of perfection. It would be a necessity to use ROBOTIC SCULPTING METHODS...to obtain such balance and perfection. We today...COULD NOT ACHIEVE THIS...using a computerized model and human hands....we would have to construct and sculpt it ROBOTICLY.

Ancient Humans would be at a loss to describe any visiting Alien Race with a name other than GODS.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I agree that its a possibility that earth has been visited by aliens and they may well have been responsible for the precision that obviously a very advanced intelligence existed when the Egyptian pyramids were aligned.
In fact if you look around the world, there are amazing projects not only aligned astronomically but constructed in a manner we could not achieve today. They do appear to have subtle differences in their style which reflect the individuality of the cultures credited with their construction rather than one master race of builders. The pyramids in South America have the same alignment as the Egyptian ones but the style is very different.

However, homo sapiens has been in existence in our own right for nearly 200,000 years. I don't buy into the idea that civilisation only started with the Sumerians because I don't believe for one minute we spent some 190,000 years sitting in a cave with the brain capacity we have. We do know that this planet suffers total catastrophes so its plausible we could have been nearly wiped out quite naturally on numerous occasions during this period. The Indian religious scriptures describe terrible wars on this planet with technology we have not developed yet. I wonder if we have been misled about our past achievements by believing the myths of ancient Gods and simply don't accept, that in the past before some horrendous occurence, we were not the builders of the magnificent monuments we have left from our past.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What! I live in the west of Scotland and even the christians are at each others throats, that's protestants and catholics. There are certain areas around Glasgow that you simply do not go into wearing clothes or driving a car of the wrong colour! That's green for the catholics and blue for the protestants by the way.

If you come to Glasgow most cars are white, silver or black........now you know why!

FYI : Red is in the union jack and thus associated with unionism (protestant). Orange is PURE protestant. Huge big time. There is even an Orange order who are way out there on the extremism front. Yellow......who the f wears yellow or has a yellow car anywhere in the world!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Conflict is creative. Through very different views and cultures colliding, new previously un-thought of reality-scapes emerge. The extremely timid and weak are terrified by conflict and seek to eradicate religion and all diversity for that matter.

Conflict is destructive by nature. Sure, you can be creative by and with it, but a person or people can be creative with love as well. At least with love you will not self-destruct. Love does not arise from conflict and vice versa. Different views and cultures can bounce ideas off each other, thus creating creativity, without colliding. Without killing each other. We do not grow intellectually and spiritually by killing each other because we are different. Death does not breed advancement unless you're a necromancer. And even then it's short lived. By definition.

Not all who seek to eradicate religion and diversity are terrified by confict, nor are they necessarily timid and weak. Maybe they see that the diversity which breeds confict, violence and death is not a system that works. Maybe they've seen this for a very long time now and are simply tired of it. They see it going nowhere while killing and dividing millions of people in the process.

I normally don't pick people apart like this Skyfloating, but that 1 paragraph you wrote really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. If you met me in real life, I can all but guarentee that the impression you would get of me would not be that of being timid and weak. Deep set eyes with bones and a soul that have done and seen a lot, wrapped in gypsy leather making a person who will tell you like it is would be a more apt description.

There is nothing wrong with unity and love Skyfloating. It can be very creative and productive if you simply want it to be. You say it's the timid and weak who are afraid of conflict. Any monkey can beat his chest and go on the warpath. It doesn't take a lot of thought or nerve. I say it's the timid and weak who are afraid of peace and love. Because only with peace and love can a person truly grow both spiritually and emotionally. And that is something that does take a lot of nerve becasue you would be dealing with the unknown at that point.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: Finishing a thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by jjkenobi

I believe the feud starts back with Abram, who was to be the father of the chosen ones and whose children would inherit the promised land. Abram and his wife Sarai were childless and getting very old - the story goes they decided to take matters into their own hands and have Abram sleep with a servant of theirs named Hagar in order to have a child. It worked, however Abram's wife became so jealous she drove Hagar away. Hagar had a son named Ishmael. God later provided Abram and Sarai with a son they named Isaac. It was Isaac's lineage that continued God's chosen people... however Ishmael was still out and his descendants felt they should be the chosen one's of God. so it's a half brother feud that's been going on for thousands of years.

This is just it: form what I've read of all 3 religions, ain't a one of them that HAS to have it. Jerusalem is unnecessary unless you hold to particular assumptions.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

The promised land is Jerusalem, a holy site to all 3 religions. This question of who it is promised to, is the central part of the debate. The Christians and the Jews follow that Isaac's lineage is promised, the Muslims follow that Ishmael's lineage is promised.

Shy of God coming down and doing a Maury Povich episode, they'll keep battling over this unanswerable question of what God meant, until the end of time.
The thing is that, from what I've read and studied, none of the 3 needs Jerusalem and it's surrounding areas.
edit on 29-9-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
There is a common source to all. Evil. Satan. Our leaders worship him. And unfortunately it's these leaders that have control of militaries, power, money and media. He always wanted to be worshipped as god, and it appears that he's upping his game plan.

Agreed, 1 thinks this was the reason for NATAS deception to 1/3 who followed and didnt realize...

Thanks

edit on 9/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

I'll bite...

Natas did no such thing. What Natas did do is a whole lotta skateboarding. He was also known quite well for his bitchin' ollies (I once saw him ollie a VW bug). Try not to confuse Natas with Satan.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yup, all 3 religions have there idols representing their faith. Star of david or the 'Death Star' read that up.

The Cross which is the cross of Tammuz, and the same symbol that Constantine said "in this sign we will conquer"

Maybe people should rethink what those are, and find the real truth hmm?
edit on 29-9-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Why are they fighting. I'll answer a question with a question and hopefully answer it in the process.

If liberals progressives conservitives republicans libertarians all believe in and want to follow the constitution the founding document of the united states why do they disagree and fight so much?

Interpretation, enlightenment, ignorance, education, personal experience, selfishness, opinion. That's why.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

4 main reason off the top of my head...

1. people not understanding how there emotions work

2. peoples own ego

3.the thought off people not wanting to waste the past 1/2/4/5/10/15/25/30 years on, imagine they where told what they belive in is a lie, makes that time that they spent feel like a lie, in other words.

4. ignorance is bliss

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Mohammed claimed to have interacted with Gabriel. But, like so much of Islam, it was a lie. Deception.

Can you prove he didn't? Can you prove anything the Jews or the Christians are saying isn't a lie also? The Jews wrote the old testament so of course they are going to be the chosen ones and promised this land. People seem to overlook how in the new testament Jesus denounced the Jews which means they aren't the chosen ones. The Jews that started following Jesus are the chosen ones and the promised land belongs to them. Besides in the bible it says another prophet would come along after Jesus and that would be Mohammed.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

They can't come to agreement on who has the silliest hats.

Each group thinks it should be them.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

I harbor no dislike for anyone, especially the long suffering muslims that have labored for centuries yoked to a system of social control devised by a warlord and killer masquerading as something it is not.

I care little for the religious life of others. But the facts of history support my position. Muslims do not worship God, they worship the Allah. They have been deceived for 1,400 years. And they have conquered and killed many many many non-muslims in the name of a deception and for the memory of a man who killed countless of my ancestors...because they did not convert to Islam and worship his phony god and the black rock from space.

Islam is deception for power and control and has little sustenance for the waking soul.

edit on 29-9-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

And how many Muslims were put to death for not converting during the crusades? And how can you say you harbor no hate for anyone with the posts you have been making in this thread. The Jews don't refer to God as God so why aren't you calling their religion a deception?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Did anyone forget that during the reconquest of Spain by the Christians whom were attacking both the Jews and Muslims; the Jews and Muslims worked together. Before the reconquest the Jews and Muslims in Iberia lived in peace.

At different times throughout the centuries all have been on good and bad terms.

The Jews and Christians have had problems more than they have gotten along

Jews and Muslims have a history of helping each other against Christians

Christians and Muslims have had on and off again relationships over the centuries.

If you want to explain things in simple terms about the religions think about Islam and ultra strict Orthodox Judaism but add somethings about Jesus and Christianity as Liberal Judaism

If you look at culture, heritage, language, law Jews and Muslims have a whole lot in common

Before anyone says anyone is violent or peaceful lets go head all laws of each group 613 commandments, all laws dealing with all branches of Christianity and all laws of Islam and all religions that came from it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
All religions considered! …If you believe or don’t believe? Aren’t the 10 commandments at least a descent guide to live your life? Don’t get me wrong .I sure don’t measure up to them! But they seem like a pretty good start!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
We Do Not Need Religion

culturedsavages.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Islam certainly is an abrahamic religion. Muslims generally regard Abraham as the first Muslim. They believe he built the Kabba with his son ishmael. The Kabba is that little building in Mecca that is a major part of the hajj. Whether you believe that or not is irrelevant. Whether it is true or not is irrelevant. You believe Christianity is abrahamic no doubt...well let's see...abrahamic religions by definition are monotheistic. How is father son and holy ghost monotheistic? I understand you believe it and I'm sure you've a hundred answers but to me it makes no sense at all. However what I think is also irrelevant. Both along with judaism claim Abraham as a very early patriarch in their religion...and so it is that they are all in some odd way abrahamic. Let's not forget that Jews worshipped a ton of different gods at points in time to. I don't hear anyone claiming Jew are aren't abrahamic even tho supposed jew worshipped idols and all manner of deities. Oh, but that was before actual Jewish law was written right? Kind of like how pre Islam Arabians worshipped many dieties before their law was written?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Text
edit on 29-9-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

Thats like saying Christianity is not related to Judaism because the Jews disagreed with him and killed him. I'm an atheist. I believe in science. I am not biased...if christians and Jews drove Mohammed out because of his new and different ideas I'm not seeing how that is much different than what happened to Jesus. Except that they actually killed Jesus instead if just pushing him out. If Christ had the right to spread to his different ideas and make ancient ancestral claims...why not Mohammed to? You have biased ugly opinions that are bordering on racism and way past borders of ignorance.
edit on 29-9-2011 by FloatingGhost because: Wanted to include post I responded to specifically

edit on 29-9-2011 by FloatingGhost because: Including original post responding to

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Whatever, couldn't figure out how to put the post I was responding in quote. Was responding to what's his name saying that Islam was in no way related to Judaism or Christianity

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join