It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If all 3 top religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are Abrahamic religions. Why fighting?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

You're quite right. Islam prays to their ancient Moon god "ilah" (allah) hence why you see the moon cresent on their flags and buildings.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Sibling Rivalry/Family Feud

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Right.
Also the Jews worship the star god...

and christians worship the god of roman torture instruments.

edit on 30-9-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

What you are calling the star god, is actually the money god (Solomon's anual income 666 talents of Gold), as in, their symbol for money, where we (the US) have a symbol for a snake climbing two poles, which was an old English barter system, while the Jewish system is extracting tribute (which we give to them in the billions).

edit on 30-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

What you are calling the star god, is actually the money god (Solomon's anual income 666 talents of Gold), as in, their symbol for money, where we (the US) have a symbol for a snake climbing two poles, which was an old English barter system, while the Jewish system is extracting tribute (which we give to them in the billions).

Hmm 666 let's see who is that number associated with? Wonder who they will be serving at the end of times.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

This is the "end of times."
Here is a link to where I posted information about when it began and how I came to know of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

The goal is to get ALL to LOVE

Nonsense. As souls we come from love and descend into the earths sphere to experience conflict and learn discernment between good and not-so-good. If everything were as harmonious as you seem to need it to be, our stay on earth would be no different from our stay before earth and there would be no exercise of choice, no learning, no development.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
No offence to you, but this sounds like something a tyrant might say to justify a particularly bloody genocide or conquest.

Saying we can exercise free will and learn to chose between good and bad is significantly less tyrannical than the OPs proposal to force everyone into having no differences. But the latter is not seen as tyrannical because it sounds and looks good at first sight.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

If all 3 top religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are Abrahamic religions. Why fighting?

Because, As Christopher Hitchens says, Religion poisons everything.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Islam prays to Allah. The creator. The only god that they recognize. The same "god" worshipped by Abraham and Moses and Noah. The father, so to speak, of the Christian trinity. And Yahweh to the Jews. You guys are ignorant. Perhaps you mean that ancient Arabians worshipped many gods. Not Islam. Islam by definition has 1 god. Regardless of what happened in ancient Arabia before Mohammed came up with the foundation for Islam...which I hardly think you are an authority on anyway...it has since it's inception been monotheistic. What kind of paranoid right wing evangelical part of ats is this anyway?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just for the record, I am atheist. Not a Muslim. I am not trying to say anything bad or good about any religion...I merely want truth. Isn't that the foundation of this site and why I joined? Yes it is. Ats is another tool in my box used to find truth. What I'm turning up tho is just more ignorance and stupidity. With some delusional paranoia thrown in. People like trivisonno who refuse to bend with the truth and instead think they can bend the truth to suit them.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FloatingGhost

. . .monotheistic. . .
That in itself is not a good thing.
All it does is shift definitions because all religions recognize one deity who is the One who can create the entire universe and all other gods can not.
Strict monotheism comes into play when a group of people decide to kill a lot of people to steal their possessions and demonize them by claiming they do not believe in "the same god".

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

And how many of your ancestors murdered countless Muslims? Bone..

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Mohammed formed basis for Islam in early 600's. That's the Seventh century. And you are right that there was much conflict in the middle east even before then. Much of it because of religion even then. There will never be peace in the middle east. Primarily because the most diehard of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism refuse to adhere to their own laws which indeed do reflect peace and tolerance. They squabble over the same holy sites like stubborn children who acknowledge that they have the same parents but are willing to kill over differing interpretations of their instructions They want to preserve and protect their holy land which just hinders the overall search for truth. Can you imagine the archeological wealth of Jerusalem? The answers we could uncover? But you might get shot even voicing a desire to disrupt the land. Whatever. Trivisonno...my god man...get a life. Jesus.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Actually nowhere in the definition of monothiesism is there mention of any of that crap you just said. I never claimed any part of it was good or bad. I said that Islam was monotheistic. And I gave you my reasoning, which was sound. Not my dramatic biased opinion, which is what you gave.
edit on 30-9-2011 by FloatingGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The only religion i see fighting is Islam. Hence why the Iranians have a christian pastor they are going to execute because he refuses to renounce his faith. The only religion i see at war with all other religions is Islam and their "convert or kill" theosophy.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

said the southern white Christian. Listen, lonewolf....
Christians have killed far more over religious intolerance than any other religion. Fact.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Religious intolerance has no place in this world. Taking the time to point out the religious intolerance of others with the sole purpose of making yours look better is in itself a form of intolerance. None of it gets anyone anywhere and just perpetuates the whole ugly mess. It seems to me that peace would not make any of you happy. What you all would love would be to stand over top of your religious counterparts with arms raised and one foot on it's chest.
edit on 30-9-2011 by FloatingGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FloatingGhost

Not my dramatic biased opinion. . .
I don't know where you get, biased, from.
Unless you mean against monotheism in general.
All monotheist religions are equally guilty in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Pointing your fingers and yelling " I TOLD U SO!!!!" which goes quite clearly against the teachings of your religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join