It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If all 3 top religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are Abrahamic religions. Why fighting?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Monotheism being good or bad had nothing to do with what I said. It had everything to do with what u said. Biased. By definition. Not to mention pointless.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FloatingGhost

Then why did you bring up monotheism in the first place?
What was that point?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

If all 3 top religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are Abrahamic religions. Why fighting?

Because, As Christopher Hitchens says, Religion poisons everything.
That's a broad and vague answer that doesnt help in any way. I mean, seriously...what was the point? Religion poisons everything? So does stupidity. I'm really realizing that I can not stand many of the people here at all. Love the premise of the site....support it's ideals...hate the windbag morons that have infested it and infected it with narrow viewed, competitive, paranoid, god loving/hating stupidity. There is no collaboration or discussion or any search for truth. There are only unbending views spouted nonstop in vain attempts to display religious loyalty, knowledge, intelligence, or mastery of button pushing annoyance. Never ending jabs. Maybe find me in the alien section. Messed up when ancient alien theorists make more sense than people debating religious ideals of 3 main religions on earth. Whatever the opposite of live well and prosper is to you guys. I hate you all...goodbye. P.S - just about to hit the reply button and see this ( minimal posts that contribute nothing to thread are subject to immediate removal) seems the moderators of this site are as deluded as the morons who post on it. My sincere apologies to the few who get it. Was hoping to encounter a lot more of you when I joined this site.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
One more thing....while NOONE posted anything resembling a coherent answer as to why these religions are feuding I suggest reading the thread from beginning to end and I'm confident you will have a pretty goog idea as to why. It's because people are so arrogant and stubborn. Not to mention that they are taught to believe that righteous anger and retribution is somehow justified by faith while at the same time preaching tolerance and forgiveness in all other matters. For example, It was ok for Jesus to flip out n go berserk on money changers on temple grounds because he did it on behalf of god.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FloatingGhost
That's a broad and vague answer that doesnt help in any way. I mean, seriously...what was the point?

The point was to state, as I did, that religion poisons everything... was it too difficult to understand?
Religion breeds extremism and hatred... as all faiths compete to have their "one true god" be the only one.

Maybe read the book....

Religion poisons everything?

It does... it really, really does.

I'm really realizing that I can not stand many of the people here at all. Love the premise of the site....support it's ideals...hate the windbag morons that have infested it and infected it with narrow viewed, competitive, paranoid, god loving/hating stupidity.

Uh huh....

That's popularity for you.

Oh yeah... and just a little heads up.

You can't discuss, religion, politics, aliens, racism or homophobia... it's just impossible.

There is no collaboration or discussion or any search for truth.

There really is... you've been here 3 days or so, perhaps have a look through some of the forums and threads, don't just jump into every thread and pick out lines and call people out.

And also if you don't like it, there's a button in the top right that says "log out" you just click that and then don't come back.

It's really easy.

edit on 1/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

said the southern white Christian. Listen, lonewolf....
Christians have killed far more over religious intolerance than any other religion. Fact.

Not really? If youre speaking about the crusades that was a 2 way street. You need to learn history. If youre referring to the Spanish Inquisition, that was the Dominicans under consent of the H.R.C.C. and it was protestant christians they were murdering because we refused to bow down to Mary, who is in the grave, over the risen Jesus Christ.

In fact, protestant christians haven't killed anyone, youre trying to use the passed criminal acts of the catholic church to brand all christians with the evils they have commited in the past. How many muslim moors butchered the peoples of spain and france before Charlegmaign put a stop to their rampage across southern europe? Quite alot i'd say since they murdered everyone in every town they came across that refused to convert to their religion. Oh but let me guess you either didn't know about all that or you willfully neglected to speak of those atrocities. Evils have been commited on all sides in the name of God, it doesn't mean that they were right. However, the muslim to this day still murder people of different faiths if they refuse to convert, and as for christians? You don't see us sawing off the heads of innocent men while they scream in agony and then post it in the internet for all to see what happens when we don't submit to your demon-god, you don't see us imprisoning and threatening to execute muslim pastors because they refuse to renounce muhammad, you don't see christians bombing jewish synogogues and christian churches.

Jewish and christian martyrs say "i will die for what i believe"
Muslim martyrs say "you will die for what I believe.
edit on 1-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Lone wolf, you are biased and naive. The Protestant bush regime didn't kill anyone over religious reasons? The Spanish inquisition began before the reformation...so in the beginning at least there were no Protestants to kill. The inquisition was about making Jews and Muslims convert or leave....or die. Atrocities from all sides indeed I agree whole heartedley. Am I supposed to dismiss the catholic church as Christians? Seems you suggest it. Before the 16 th century they were the only Christian institution. Their atrocities have to be accounted among Christian atrocities whether you thnk it's fair or not. You calling islams Allah my demon-god displays how biased you are. As I've said I am atheist.you confuse religion and politics and interweave them as you see fit to suit your arguments. The Muslims you talk about are part of an extremist sect. I live in detroit, near east dearborn...google east dearborn. The muslims who chop of reporters heads, be it over religious or political reasons, get no support from most muslims the world over. Brought up east dearborn only to give credence to what im saying. I am very familiar with arabic american muslims and thier views. Answer me this...what religion do you suppose the Abu grab prison guards were? And given the media herein the u.s.a who's atrocities are we going to see? As for the other guy talking nonsense...I can call out whoever I choose, especially the ignorant. What is the motto of this site?
edit on 1-10-2011 by FloatingGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FloatingGhost

I apologize for lumping you all in together. I lost my cool. I believe there can be discussion. If there can't be then what is this? Just a place for people to come and throw around there ideals an argue them without ever listening to another side? Those are the people who should leave.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Jewish and christian martyrs say "i will die for what i believe"
Muslim martyrs say "you will die for what I believe.

Wait , when exactly was the last time christian/jewish martyrs died for what they believe? Were they religious? What were the circumstances leading to their martyrdom?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Lone wolf, you are biased and naive. The Protestant bush regime didn't kill anyone over religious reasons? The Spanish inquisition began before the reformation...so in the beginning at least there were no Protestants to kill. The inquisition was about making Jews and Muslims convert or leave....or die. Atrocities from all sides indeed I agree whole heartedley. Am I supposed to dismiss the catholic church as Christians? Seems you suggest it. Before the 16 th century they were the only Christian institution. Their atrocities have to be accounted among Christian atrocities whether you thnk it's fair or not. As for the other guy talking nonsense...I can call out whoever I choose, especially the ignorant. What is the motto of this site?

Biased and naive. Quite the name caller you are. Very mature. Youre accusing good men for what evil men have done. Yes the catholic church are christians, i am not excusing those who have done evil in the name of God in the passed, were talking about the NOW. Youre forgetting the OP, i was stating why christians are not the ones fighting. As for the Bush administration, which one? GW? There was nothing religious about what that man did, and he did nothing in the name of God, he acted of his own will and volition and desires. You seem to have a knack for casting blame onto the entire church for what certain men do, who is biased now? You seem to target christians specifically and mention nothing about Islam or the Jews. I talk about what both sides have done yet you cannot get passed fingerpointing at christians. Despite what you might think you don't know as much as you think you do.

Good day to you sir, and goodbye.

LW.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

How many muslim moors butchered the peoples of spain and france before Charlegmaign put a stop to their rampage across southern europe?
That is, if any of those stories are true.

'most other Frankish historical writings of the time prove to be equally idiosyncratic, partisan and occasionally downright mendacious'
from the introduction to;
Charlemagne
Roger Collins
London, Macmillan, 1998, ISBN: 9780333650549

"mendacious" is a fancy word for, lies.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Biased and naive are not names...moron is a name. If I seem to target Christians and jews it is because of how biased you are in their favor. And you relentlessly try to justify wrongdoings by them because you are Christian. I am NOT Muslim and I am NOT biased. A reader with intelligence would see that I am not targeting anyone. And between the 2 of us...which is really casting judgement on a whole religion over the acts of a few????

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

How many muslim moors butchered the peoples of spain and france before Charlegmaign put a stop to their rampage across southern europe?
That is, if any of those stories are true.

'most other Frankish historical writings of the time prove to be equally idiosyncratic, partisan and occasionally downright mendacious'
from the introduction to;
Charlemagne
Roger Collins
London, Macmillan, 1998, ISBN: 9780333650549

"mendacious" is a fancy word for, lies.
We have our differences but that is a VERY good point.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A comment to jmdeway about an exchange we had yesterday...I didn't bring up monotheism. Another member was insisting that Islam worshipped a number of deities and was merely countering his argument.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

A comment to jmdeway about an exchange we had yesterday...I didn't bring up monotheism. Another member was insisting that Islam worshipped a number of deities and was merely countering his argument.
That makes sense, and why I reacted because it sounded to me like you were implying that this fact somehow vindicated them, when it was really a correction of a stupid (or something else) comment.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Lone wolf, you are biased and naive...

lonewolf19792000, Did you read anything after this?!?!

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Quite the name caller you are. Very mature.

lonewolf19792000, the rest of your post just doesn't make must correlation to what FloatingGhost mentioned in the rest of his... Other than the fact that you are both slightly biased in your approaches... It's a rather pointless point to point out to another human being because it is VERY VERY ... OK...
It's Impossible to be completely objective in your thinking and reasoning because as human beings we are controlled by our emotions and our opinions fuel these feelings and thoughts.
Nothing is completely objective on any fora on any website on any internet. So just sit back and learn something that someone else believes and maybe become a little less controlled by your human thoughts and emotions.

I do not know a lot about what you both have such strong feelings for, so I am not going to comment on that. I am just merely stating that you both are human thus you both are biased. It's nothing bad, it's not name calling and it's completely pointless to point out.

Anyway,
peace!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

That's a broad and vague answer that doesnt help in any way. I mean, seriously...what was the point?

The point was to state, as I did, that religion poisons everything... was it too difficult to understand?
Religion breeds extremism and hatred... as all faiths compete to have their "one true god" be the only one.

Maybe read the book....

Religion poisons everything?

It does... it really, really does.

I'm really realizing that I can not stand many of the people here at all. Love the premise of the site....support it's ideals...hate the windbag morons that have infested it and infected it with narrow viewed, competitive, paranoid, god loving/hating stupidity.

Uh huh....

That's popularity for you.

Oh yeah... and just a little heads up.

You can't discuss, religion, politics, aliens, racism or homophobia... it's just impossible.

There is no collaboration or discussion or any search for truth.

There really is... you've been here 3 days or so, perhaps have a look through some of the forums and threads, don't just jump into every thread and pick out lines and call people out.

And also if you don't like it, there's a button in the top right that says "log out" you just click that and then don't come back.

It's really easy.

edit on 1/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)
I never said anything about whether or not religion poisoned anything, nor did I imply that it was at all difficult to understand your comment. I said that it was broad and vague. it was a minimal post of an opinion that offered no substance or relevance to support it. I've read books to. But you won't hear me say something like, "aliens are real. I've read behold a pale horse." Aso, any opinion not proven to be fact that is expressed with unbending diehardism will breed extremism and hate, not just religion. And if it is true what u suggest about these topics being impossible to discuss then why would YOU be here. Why would anyone?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I never said anything about whether or not religion poisoned anything, nor did I imply that it was at all difficult to understand your comment. I said that it was broad and vague.

It was anything but broad and vague, it was direct and to the point and couldn't have been any clearer.

Aso, any opinion not proven to be fact that is expressed with unbending diehardism will breed extremism and hate, not just religion.

I'm sure you're alluding to my post when you say this, but as religion literally does poison everything then it does not apply.

But I actually agree with your point, that people should be here to learn and grow and change and be ready to accept new ideas and have their opinions and theories changed and disproved.

And if it is true what u suggest about these topics being impossible to discuss then why would YOU be here. Why would anyone?

I'm not saying you're not allowed or that nobody does discuss these things, I'm saying that once you've been here long enough to see countless threads closed because of extremism, hatred, racism, intolerance and other such nonsense... you'll realise that some topics are just better left alone.... or better at least, to keep it short and sweet.

I'm here because the people (some of them) make this place and because despite the bigotry, racism and general ignorance and stupidity of the majority here, there are actually some great threads and some fascinating things to be discussed.

Cheers

edit on 2/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Conflict is creative. Through very different views and cultures colliding, new previously un-thought of reality-scapes emerge. The extremely timid and weak are terrified by conflict and seek to eradicate religion and all diversity for that matter.

Conflict is only creative to a certain extent and in certain conditions.

And as mankind hasn't got any ultimate absolutes to relate 'truth' to (apart from self-proclaimed 'absolutes'), a sensible aim would be to ensure the survial of this planet.

This leads to OP and an 'answer' to it. In most ideologies there is a faction, which for subjective reasons strive for power. Such extremism is dysfunctional for any survival aspirations.

The key-word (for such extremism) is: POWER....... and there isn't much to do about it except slowly minimizing the damage from it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join