It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If all 3 top religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are Abrahamic religions. Why fighting?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I harbor no dislike for anyone, especially the long suffering muslims that have labored for centuries yoked to a system of social control devised by a warlord and killer masquerading as something it is not.

I care little for the religious life of others. But the facts of history support my position. Muslims do not worship God, they worship the Allah. They have been deceived for 1,400 years. And they have conquered and killed many many many non-muslims in the name of a deception and for the memory of a man who killed countless of my ancestors...because they did not convert to Islam and worship his phony god and the black rock from space.

Islam is deception for power and control and has little sustenance for the waking soul.

edit on 29-9-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Ok mike_trivisonno, very well feel as you feel the LIGHTS on if you need it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You make no sense. Please explain.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

You make no sense. Please explain.

In darkness light shall guide the even when LIGHT not seen, the PATH IS. YOU see the LOVE PATH so we are good.
NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
edit on 9/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by whitewave

@Islam is not an Abrahamic religion.

It seems tho still Abraham influenced my friend. Thanks
So is VooDoo, but most people wouldn't lump it with the Abrahamic religions.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

HOW? please list supporting DATA

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium
Judaism is not a top religion it only has 13.4 million followers which makes it a fringe religion. Mormonism has a larger following with 15 million followers and their are 18 million Jehovas Witnesses.The 5 top religions are...

Christianity - 2 Billion Followers approx
Islam - 1.5 Billion
Hinduism - 1 billion
Confucianism - 400 million
Buddhism - 400 million
Yeah, Christianity is barely still on tip, but we're plain not breeding like Muslims or Hindus, nor are we converting as fast as Muslims, so they're getting ready to overtake us.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Overtake who sapiens sapiens?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

'

Exactly. What's the big deal if "they" overtake us. We're all human. I don't care what sort of religion you are, or whether or not people of a certain faith outnumber me. People can believe what they would like and I can exist alongside them peacefully without any stress.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Islam is not an Abrahamic religion.
Abraham had 2 wives: Hagar (an Egyptian) and Sara.
Hagar gave birth to Ishmael and basically raised him without
Abraham since he threw her out (at Sara's insistence).

Sara gave birth to Isaac, the son of the promise who WAS
raised in his father's religion. Ishmael learned religion from his mother, an Egyptian.

Before Mohammed decided he was going to be the
"last prophet", his kinsmen had over 300 "gods", the
moon god being his family's personal favorite.

There's a LOT on this subject and the history is NOT hard to find so I don't
know why people keep insisting that Islam is an Abrahamic religion. It's not!

The OP wasn't asking about the origin of Islam. The question was why are they all fighting in the Middle East. There has been conflict in the Middle East looooong before Islam was invented in the 6th century.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here is a link to the OFF-TOPIC: Religion, Faith and Theology discussion. Long, uneducated Islamophobic and anti-Catholic rants that ignore Hinduism and Buddhism have nothing to do with aliens or UFOs.
edit on 9/29/2011 by Nicorette because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resonant

'

Exactly. What's the big deal if "they" overtake us. We're all human. I don't care what sort of religion you are, or whether or not people of a certain faith outnumber me. People can believe what they would like and I can exist alongside them peacefully without any stress.

Yes because if they are people of FAITH no matter religious link then COEXISTENCE* is a fair and good outcome in the end. It becomes an issue when 1 religious influence forces others to comply, which starts war. But if all are teaching love for their Earth bretheren then there should be no forcing of any agenda. ALL can work on teaching others the LOVING paths HOME and would know WAR wont get you back HOME, maybe just trapped in new cycled soul material or NEW SCHOOL to learn how to interact with FAMILY/simular energies/ Same species different religious views ect. Thanks Resonant

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Nicorette, thanks for your input.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Nicorette

Nicorette, thanks for your input.

You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

HOW? please list supporting DATA
It didn't have to start that way. But there's plenty: Hatian Voodoo History

During this 56 year period houngans and mambos built up the public religion of Haiti, Voodoo, in a weird amalgamation of African spirit religion and Catholicism. Virtually all lwa became associated with Catholic saints (Dumballah the snake lwa is St. Patrick; Erzulie, the earth mother is the Virgin Mary). The most important consequence of this is that Haitians see nothing odd at all with practicing Voodoo and Catholicism side by side and are often very devout about each of them.

# In 1941-42 some elements of the Catholic Church waged an all out physical, holy war against Voodoo. They burned peristyle, Voodoo shrines, beat (some say even killed) houngans and mambo, demanded their ostracism from society and shot things up. But, they lost. Voodoo went under-ground to some extent, but it grew in popularity, in large measure because of the oppression. # By the early 1950s the Catholic hierarchy halted this war, got rid of these priest warriors and made their peace with Voodoo. Voodoo drums and melodies were incorporated into Catholic church services. The Catholics took the position, if you can't defeat them, co-opt them. Relative peace has held between the Catholics and serviteurs ever since.

Comparing Christianity to VooDoo

Got to remember that Mohammad was melding together a polytheistic culture into a 1 God system, Voodoo skips that melding and just opts for both at the same time.

This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to ties and reports thereof. They
re liley to merge further in Haiti. Voodoo not still in Africa is melding still. (Is there any still practiced in Africa that didn't come back from Haiti?)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I see.....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's not the religions that are the issue, it's how the messages get twisted around by clerics/pastors/ministers to suit their own individual (or group) agenda(s).

If religions were accepted in their true form, everyone would simply get along, thinking that everyone else was going to hell..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
But it's mostly due to VooDoo having a totally seperate root system, so while Islam could be argued as being rooted, VooDoo would not, nor is it likely that still surviving African sources have anything to do with Christianity...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Why do you think that Catholics are forbidden to practice birth control?

There was a reason why they determined to read the Onan incident as being against birth control.

The more children born, the more followers of their religion.

If you want to grow an army, make sure that there isn't any way to stop it from growing.

Make it illegal and/or immoral.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I believe the feud starts back with Abram, who was to be the father of the chosen ones and whose children would inherit the promised land. Abram and his wife Sarai were childless and getting very old - the story goes they decided to take matters into their own hands and have Abram sleep with a servant of theirs named Hagar in order to have a child. It worked, however Abram's wife became so jealous she drove Hagar away. Hagar had a son named Ishmael. God later provided Abram and Sarai with a son they named Isaac. It was Isaac's lineage that continued God's chosen people... however Ishmael was still out and his descendants felt they should be the chosen one's of God. so it's a half brother feud that's been going on for thousands of years.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

The promised land is Jerusalem, a holy site to all 3 religions. This question of who it is promised to, is the central part of the debate. The Christians and the Jews follow that Isaac's lineage is promised, the Muslims follow that Ishmael's lineage is promised.

Shy of God coming down and doing a Maury Povich episode, they'll keep battling over this unanswerable question of what God meant, until the end of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join