It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned Remains of the Russian Space Shuttle Project Buran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I suppose I could have put this in the space thread on ATS ,but it really isn't a conspiracy type of thing. I just thought it was kind of cool and thought I would share it with others that might think so as well.

This are quite a few pictures of the Abandoned Remains of the Russian Space Shuttle Project Buran.

I myself never realized they had a shuttle that looked like ours. Guess we were sharing some info perhaps?

You would think they could use some of that scrap for something as well. Seems such a waste to let it all just rot away.

Anyhow, like I said there are lots of Pics, so I am just going to post the LINK so you can check them out yourself if you would like.

Abandoned Remains of the Russian Space Shuttle Project Buran

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
this is actually pretty cool...its not a surprise tho....once the world saw the space shuttle go up and be so successful it was bound someone would try to copy and use the same idea...sad that it didnt work would of been cool to see the battle between the two and tech upgrades that could of been possible if nasa had felt threatened.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

I agree with you. A little friendly competition would have made it interesting. The thing is though, they must both be working on something new. Wonder how long before we actually see it come to fruition.
Glad you liked it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Huuuu..no...The Russians actually were building it before the American, the question here is who was spying on whom and got it to work first !!! There is a big debate about this.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Debates aside it is a shame that this bird never flew.....
It sadens me greatly to see this waste of so much resources materials and talents.
Gawd, what a dream they let die there....
Do they always just dump their toys and move on without at least slavaging the remains like this?
A lot of Russians suffered in line waiting for toilet paper and everything else to make this happen.
Its all such a crying shame, and we are still divided as a people, so this duplication of efforts keeps sucking up the wealth that could transform the world into a paradise for us....
We are soo gullible and stupid to listen to leaders who just want to enrich themselves at the expense of others no matter the costs.
I laud our Russian brothers and sisters who created this masterpiece, but the leaders who destroyed humanitys dreams so often in history, i have no use for..................Much of what we do and think makes absolutely no sense.........

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That would be the chill spot. Haha, nice.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Debates aside it is a shame that this bird never flew.....
It sadens me greatly to see this waste of so much resources materials and talents.
Gawd, what a dream they let die there....
Do they always just dump their toys and move on without at least slavaging the remains like this?
A lot of Russians suffered in line waiting for toilet paper and everything else to make this happen.
Its all such a crying shame, and we are still divided as a people, so this duplication of efforts keeps sucking up the wealth that could transform the world into a paradise for us....
We are soo gullible and stupid to listen to leaders who just want to enrich themselves at the expense of others no matter the costs.
I laud our Russian brothers and sisters who created this masterpiece, but the leaders who destroyed humanitys dreams so often in history, i have no use for..................Much of what we do and think makes absolutely no sense.........

Yes, it did make sense. They were bleeding themselves dry with defense and space programs. Yet they still went bust. 'Course, trying to hold together their union was a feat initself. -- 'Bout what we are witnessing here.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I sure feel what it is you are trying to say. I can just imagine if we took a little trip around America, how many abandoned dreams we would run across.
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head, would be the silos that people are now trying to turn into bunker type homes. How ironic is that?

The bone yards of airplanes, ships,etc.. Why can't we break them down and just refurbish old abandoned buildings instead of plowing through more nature to build new ones? I have even seen abandoned oil rigs out in the ocean just left to rot away. It can't be good for the marine life.

Pardon me, I feel a grrrr coming on.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I do have to note something on this. The Buran had one mission in 1988. It orbited earth twice and came back. 3 hours long, no crew. This mission was essentially to fully test the craft's "space-worthiness." Seven other Buran shuttles (although with other lesser known names) were built, several solely for tests like aerodynamics in atmosphere, landing gear tests and the like. The program was decommissioned and all of the craft went unused after that. In 2002, the Cosmodrome where the Buran was housed, suffered a roof collapse, crushing the shuttle along with a mock up of the ET/booster system. A conspiracy there is that it was sabotage from an outside source, although I can't recall where or when I heard/read that. It had something to do with the similarity to the American STS and stolen plans or something to the effect.
If I recall from my readings, the Buran was designed in response to the American STS program because the Russians believed that America was using the shuttle to put nuclear weapons in space, ostensibly to attack Russia.
Again, my apologies. I will post sources once I track them down again.

top topics

join