It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who oppose Christ and His messengers will disregard ~ Leave New York City + San Francisco

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
I feel compelled to comment on this thread. According to statistics over 80% of Americans are religous, while in Australia (where i live) only 26% of people are religous and we have an athiest primeminster. I wonder if there is a correlation between the fact that Australia is prosperous, liberal, comftable and safe to live in as well as normal. While Americans tend to be bat sh*t insane and going down the drain more everyday? Just an interesting observation.

It isn't just Australia.

Don't forget all of the Nordic countries.

I may have to join you down under some time soon. Want to meet up for a pint?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan
Thank you OP for giving me a good laugh with your thread
You should try stand up comedy

seriously, now ATS turned into a central base for the religious fanatics to spread their heinous faith

Good job ATS, you sunk lower than ever today

When you are on your death bed Van, will you become a "religious fanatic?"

Checking the prophecies though, you make me laugh. Realize, God doesn't change,
He wants you to choose for the good. Free will is a gift.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
And Jesus turned to Peter and said "I am the bread of life, and without me there shall be no salvation" And Peter turned to Jesus and said "What? I wasn't listening..." Then he laid down his four aces and said" Four aces! and none of your Gawd damn miracles..."

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Actually, the Christians have the monopoly on morals. They'll tell you that.
Everyone else is obviously a vessel of Satan, and destined for the pit of Hell.
We're all abominations unto Nuggan.

Jesus said that. Possibly. You never know. He does seem to know all about certain US cities. I would have guessed at Detroit or Los Angeles, but nope. Just NYC and SFO. Tsk.

It's amazing the things he talks about. The people he talks to are rather clumsy in how they tell everyone, though.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

seriously, now ATS turned into a central base for the religious fanatics to spread their heinous faith

That is simply not true.

People do not all of a sudden embrace religion in the face of death.

You are basicly playing on the old idiotic canard of there being no atheists in foxholes.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Veritas1

Some how I doubt that God, or Jesus for that matter, had much to do with this little gem...

Why is it that God is always so very wrathful? Out to punish someone, or groups of someone, for the imagined sins of a small group. Why is that?

Hmmm I would guess personal interpretations of morality which are then forced on others through fear of vengeance and wrath.

Isn't it also interesting that god seems to always reflect the worst aspects of mankind?

Hmmm...You guys are here, how good of your mothers.

You won't look at the love of God. He is perfectly loving and perfectly just. Should He
turn away from mankind killing the most innocent, their own children? 32 million
a year.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

personal interpretations of morality

but not like secular humanism?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

That is simply not true.

People do not all of a sudden embrace religion in the face of death.

You are basicly playing on the old idiotic canard of there being no atheists in foxholes.

I was hoping, you are letting everyone know you are going to play it out till the end.
And not all people base their eternal life on personal opinion Mega.

Come along, look at history, look at the miraculous. You can't explain it away.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

And more nonsense...well, most of it anyway...

In Austria, the birth rate is 8.67 per 1000 Austrians per year. And yes, the death rate is higher at 10 per 1000 Austrians.

However...

They also get around 25,000 immigrants from all over the place every single year. The difference between death and birth rate is 1.33 per 1000 Austrians. There's c. 8,100,000 Austrians, divide that by 1000 and multiply it by 1.33 and you get how many people die more than get born. So without immigration, the population of 8,100,000 would shrink by 10,773 every year...drastic, I know, end of the world scenario

Now take into consideration that technically the population actually grows by 10,000 to 15,000 every single year due to immigration, and you realize what nonsense your post is. Of course not all of those immigrants are Christians, which of course automatically makes it bad thing, right?

The population increase actually causes more problems than anything else.
edit on 28-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Veritas1

Some how I doubt that God, or Jesus for that matter, had much to do with this little gem...

Why is it that God is always so very wrathful? Out to punish someone, or groups of someone, for the imagined sins of a small group. Why is that?

Hmmm I would guess personal interpretations of morality which are then forced on others through fear of vengeance and wrath.

Isn't it also interesting that god seems to always reflect the worst aspects of mankind?

Hmmm...You guys are here, how good of your mothers.

You won't look at the love of God. He is perfectly loving and perfectly just. Should He
turn away from mankind killing the most innocent, their own children? 32 million
a year.

God loves you and wants you to suffer. Imagine the Children's Crusade being able to end the way it did. His own children....poor things. But it was perfectly JUST, and they obviously deserved it. Off they went to kill in the name of God, and end up...well, you know the story.

Are we off gays now and onto abortion? Just checking in. What happened to the gay bashing? Surely Jesus said whatever you claimed he said, so we should be listening. Not nice of you to change the subject after all these pages.

Perhaps you don't like it when people point out the errors in your missives on what the Bible really means.

BTW: Re: the post on no athiests in foxholes. Right on!
"Thank you baby Jesus for these grenades being thrown at my head. Thank you for the bullets caroming off everything. Thank you for the artillery shells that are trying to vaporize me. I see your divine wisdom is to put me in this hole shooting at people my country doesn't like. See you soon, I guess. Then we can have a good chat about how this is good for my character. Amen."

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I hope the religious fanatics are not planning some attacks on these two cities, please inform the FBI about any threats or information that you might be aware of.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
reply to post by randyvs

Obviously, you failed to understand what I wrote. I blame religion for our self-destruction because it effects humans at their very core, on a sub-conscious level, making them believe they are superior to nature, removed from it, above it. Totalitarian? You better f**cking believe it. Hate? Absolutely. Why should I not hate the root cause of the destruction of everything I love? Why should I not hate those who blindly follow a path which so grievously contradicts a harmonious existence with this planet and each other? I make no excuses for this, and I do not shy away from it. Would you not hate a murderer who kills your family? Would you not hate someone who tortures and destroys that which you hold dear? You would. I guarantee it.

Also, I am no atheist. Atheists are almost as blind as religious believers.
edit on 28-9-2011 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2011 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

Well your either playing games, or your waiting for me to taunt you by saying something like, I guess you ve decided to shut up. I know you read my last response to you. So which is it ? You have nothing and you are just
full of crap. I believe that's it. Just spouting off at the mouth IMO. Crap not worthy of the time it takes to read.
edit on 28-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Just want to be popular and bash the best person who ever lived.
edit on 28-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Well i really don't know how someone who doesn't exist can say something like that, and secondly it almost pathetic how you can hate someone just because who they like, they have a right to there own feeling. and people who hate gays because of that need to grow up and realize they are everywhere they have been here as long as man has been alive and no religious bull # has ever happen or ever will happen.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Jesus was a human being nothing more. In fact there were lots of "jesus" and saviors in that time in history fullfilling the prohecies that were actually just imaginations of man. Because some Roman dictator decided to make christianity his religion you are now lost in believing myth and menaderings of ancient uneducated man. Sad really.

Your wasting the only "life" your going to get following all the world nonsencicle religions.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
i like how people get riled up because some guy on the internet says jesus told him he doesnt like gays from NY or SF.
i was always led to believe jesus loves everyone, maybe he's gotten bitter with all the waiting for the end days and what not.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

And here I thought Jesus was about love and forgiveness and for offering sinners a chance to get to heaven?

Never was Jesus' message about smiting the sinner...it was about saving the sinner.

Upon His second coming, there may be some smack-downs, but it will come with fair warning and everyone will know who He is and given a last chance to say "Lord save me"!

Too much of the Old Testament is carried over to Christianity. Mainly because it is a good way to scare the tythe out of the ignorant flockers.
edit on 28-9-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

MamaJ, 1.The message is about sexual sin. 2. No one is born gay, God makes no one gay. It is a disorder. It's been shown in studies, one of the reasons for this disorder comes from the destruction of the family, the loss of the father, a close relationship with one's father. 3. I posted the Scripture reference that prove unrepentant sodomites are in Hell Jude 5 and 2 Peter 2:4-6. 4. Protestant prophets are hearing the same. It's whether you believe or not, what you accept. God doesn't do anything without warning or preparing the world, these are the times we are in... MamaJ, I can put up a link to the Catholic and one to the Non-Catholic messages from Heaven if you like?
reply to post by colbe

Colbe,

No I would not like for you to put up a link. What I would like for you to do is to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

We are all sinners. Me...you....everyone! Thank God for Jesus!!! whooooo hoooooo cause I would hate to be told someone else done ruined it for me in the Heavenly state I await.

Did you know if we so much as lust after someone....in God's eyes we are married to them (according to the Bible). If you have sex out of wedlock...you are married to them in God's eyes.

Did you know that if we eat pork..or anything with a hoofed foot we are sinning?

Did you know if a boy does not get circumcised he is in sin?

According to the Bible there is a lot of sin going on and not one sin is said to be better than the other, although there are ten commandments by which we are supposed to live as well.

Look....MAN and all his little evil ways HELPED orchestrate what is to be in ANY religious and or spiritual teachings including the Bible. I know....its hard to take in but it is the TRUTH! I would not sway you ..... It is in our nature to deceive as to make our self appear good and or better than and so does the Bible and other texts that are like it.

In separating the sins and separating one from another is to separate a child of God from the other. Think as a a parent and KNOW that God loves us far more than a parent can love their child. This is what I have faith in as Jesus tells me so.....and so he tells us all! He says.....

"God is Love".

Preach all you want in regards to the Word...just make it the Word in which we all shall live and that is by the Word/Words of Christ Jesus. DO not be mistaken my friend for all he taught was love. This is the way!!!

If "Lady of Fatima" says something that Jesus told her....and that was that people are in hell mostly because of sins of the flesh....you have to wonder if SHE is following the Word's of Christ....I just don't see it.

To give me a link to a Catholic text is not doing us any good for what I want is to see what Jesus has to say in regards to the subject. He is the way....there is no other way. THAT is what HE says and I believe him.

This is why I do not like to be labeled a Christian because I do not agree with most Christians and have had debates such as this one with plenty of them.....I am a follower of Jesus and that is who I love and admire.....He is the WAY for me and I hope that others can find it in their hearts to know Jesus...not his messenger.

For the ones in this thread who label a Jesus lover (like myself) as a Christian....please take heed and not assume a label on someone. We are all trying to find our way and my way just so happens to be in Jesus. That DOES NOT make me anything but a Jesus lover. I can only sum up I AM because at the end of the day....I AM and that is what I AM.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
I hope the religious fanatics are not planning some attacks on these two cities, please inform the FBI about any threats or information that you might be aware of.

Yea hello is this the fbi the wrath of god is coming you may want to check that out for us.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
People who have a problem with sexual deviants give a bad name to religion. Just say I don't like homosexuals and leave the church out of it. Jesus preached tolerance, not hate! Help the poor and the weak!

Of course when you have the catholic church dictating what is acceptable behavior it becomes "evident" to the foolish followers that "god" needs sacrifice from you, when almost nothing could be further from the truth.

Just use common sense and don't harm others is the real message. Why the hell do people care about other peoples' PRIVATE LIFE? Mind YOUR OWN business comes to mind..........

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join