It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who oppose Christ and His messengers will disregard ~ Leave New York City + San Francisco

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i love religious bull#, its really the only form of comedy i enjoy. People swearing by the word of god, and yet the second post totally disproves this crazy prophecy/theory the neighboring city/county by him has more homos than San Fran and NY alike. So why would god disregard that its like a terriost blowing up Reno instead of Vegas would be pointless and stupid!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Jesus was a human being nothing more. In fact there were lots of "jesus" and saviors in that time in history fullfilling the prohecies that were actually just imaginations of man. Because some Roman dictator decided to make christianity his religion you are now lost in believing myth and menaderings of ancient uneducated man. Sad really.

Your wasting the only "life" your going to get following all the world nonsencicle religions.

Jesus came to show men the road to true goodness. Since God sent Him to recall to men's mind the divine law they had forgotten, why should He not send spirits to recall it to their memory once again, and with still greater precision, now that they are forgetting it in their devotion to pride and to material gain? Who shall take upon himself to set bounds to the power of God, or to dictate His ways?

Who shall say that the appointed time has not arrived, as it is declared to have done by spirits, when truths hitherto unknown or misunderstood are to be openly proclaimed to the human race, in order to hasten its advancement?

Is there not something evidently providential in the fact that spirit-manifestations are being made on all points of the globe? It is not a single man, an isolated prophet, who comes to arouse us; light is breaking forth on all sides, and a new world is being opened out before our eyes.

As the invention of the microscope has revealed to us the world of the infinitely little, the existence of which was unsuspected by us, and as the telescope has revealed to us the myriads of worlds the existence of which we suspected just as little; so the spirit-communications of the present day are revealing to us the existence of an invisible world that surrounds us on all sides, that is incessantly in contact with us, and that takes part, unknown to us, in everything we do.

Yet a short time, and the existence of that world, which is awaiting every one of us, will be as incontestable as is that of the microscopic world, and of the infinity of globes in space. Is it nothing to have made known that new world, to have initiated us into the mysteries of the life beyond the grave? It is true that these discoveries, if such they can he called, are contrary to certain received ideas; but have not all great scientific discoveries modified, and even overthrown, ideas as fully received by the world, and has not our pride of opinion had to yield to evidence?

It will be the same in regard to Spiritism, which ere long will have taken its place among the other branches of human knowledge.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Are we to assume then that because Jesus hasn't struck down the Catholic Church, he's okee dokee with Priests molesting young boys? It's just when homosexuality occurs in New York or San Fransisco between two consenting adults that he has a problem?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
reply to post by colbe

And here I thought Jesus was about love and forgiveness and for offering sinners a chance to get to heaven?

Never was Jesus' message about smiting the sinner...it was about saving the sinner.

Upon His second coming, there may be some smack-downs, but it will come with fair warning and everyone will know who He is and given a last chance to say "Lord save me"!

Too much of the Old Testament is carried over to Christianity. Mainly because it is a good way to scare the tythe out of the ignorant flockers.
edit on 28-9-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

Just the redundance of the posting in this thread is sickening." And here I thought the this that and the other thing.
And eradicate these people for worshiping a dead guy who never existed blah blah and if God were really ".
There is no sense to this Mob mentality.

What a bunch of pethetic sheep .

I think it's time for a group hug.

edit on 28-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What is the most perfect type that God has offered to man as his guide and model?

"Jesus."

Jesus is the type of the moral perfection to which man may attain upon this earth. God offers Him to our thought as our most perfect model and the doctrine taught by Him is the purest expression of the divine law, because He was animated by the divine spirit, and was the purest being who has ever appeared upon the earth.

If some of those who have professed to instruct man in the law of God have sometimes led him astray by the inculcation of error, it is because they have allowed themselves to be swayed by sentiments of too earthly a nature, and because they have confounded the laws which regulate the conditions of the life of the soul which regulate the life of the body. Many pretended revealers have announced as divine laws what were only human laws, devised by them for serving their own passions and obtaining dominion over their fellow-men.
www.spiritwritings.com...

edit on 28-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Just use common sense and don't harm others is the real message. Why the hell do people care about other peoples' PRIVATE LIFE? Mind YOUR OWN business comes to mind..........

I wish that gays could keep it privite and leave marriage to straight people and that the government would recognize unions between gays.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kitcanapple

Do you think its a coincidence that a lot of catholic nuts get possessed by demons?

I am convinced that evil exists in the form of bad karma!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Do you think its a coincidence that a lot of catholic nuts get possessed by demons?

God leaves man free to choose his road; so much the worse for him if he takes the wrong one; his pilgrimage will be all the longer. If there were no mountains, man could not comprehend the possibility of ascending and descending; if there were no rocks, he could not understand that there are such things as hard bodies. It is necessary for the spirit to acquire experience; and, to that end, he must know both good and evil. It is for this purpose that souls are united to bodies.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by mudbeed

Keep on laughing. God is NOT mocked. If I were you, I'd go and repent right now and ask Jesus into your heart. Now. Before its too late.

I'm quite happy to mock that vile, murderous, judgemental, sick, bigoted, inconsistent, jealous, war-mongering bastard.
edit on 28-9-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Friend, you have been taught and feel something that is not true. I dont blame you. It is quite an intelligent view. Read this book, it will answer many questions. You are not alone and people who dont know you do love you and care for you.
www.spiritwritings.com...

Keep and open mind and this book will rip it open.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If the body is just a vessel for the soul, it's the vessel that has male or female sex. I don't know if I believe a soul has a gender. Perhaps it's the souls that are attracted to one another, therefore gender of the body has nothing to do with it. I really don't know if think that God has opinions of whT souls are attracted to one another. I believe God wants U's to be good to one another and love one another. Its hard to see that if your gay your evil. There are PLENTY striaght people I think are doing wrong by God, but again it has nothing to do with who they love (not children of course) I just don't know what to think of all this and no I'm not gay nor do I have any close friends/family that are either.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What do the following have in common?

Mark Foley
Ted Haggard
Paul Crouch
Glen Murphy Jr.
Bob Allen
Larry Craig
George Rekers
Cardinal Groer
Donald Roemer
Michael Ledwith
Etc. (And I mean people like the 4,300 other Cathlic priests/bishops/cardinals who were called out for messing with the help...)

They all spouted off the kind of rubbish that the OP did, and then turned out to secretly like "that sort of thing."

Those that shout the loudest, eh?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

What is the relevance of being Catholic here? Are you just making up stuff to suit your particular world view?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well....., Let me give you a reason to get "nervous".

I have been studying this end times of the bible for a number of years. And I ran across a prophecy to get "nervous" about. And to put it simply it appears that there is a prophecy about the Jews that has a timeline. And the timeline states that the Jews were to trigger a top level Leviticus 26 curse that was supposed to last 2000 years.

And my best guess is the curse was triggered in the years 25 to 28 AD. Meaning the curse ends in the 2020s AD.

Essentially the end times of the bible need to "end" before the end of this curse. So working backwards from 2028 that would mean the 7 year agreement of the end times would occur on or before 2021. And any preliminary events need to occur between now and 2021.

Just something for the scoffers to think about.

The curse of the Apocalypse

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

The way I see it is that mainstream religion is a farce. Its a control mechanism of do's and don'ts...just like government. Some good elements combined with bad elements. I prefer spiritualism and the occasional visit to light a candle.

Sorry if I sound like a hypocrite but I guess that is what happens when you stay on ats for too long.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Q: What is the relevance of being Catholic here? A: Just making up stuff to suit your particular world view.

There. I fixed it for you.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
What do the following have in common?

Mark Foley
Ted Haggard
Paul Crouch
Glen Murphy Jr.
....... of rubbish that the OP did, and then turned out to secretly like "that sort of thing."

Those that shout the loudest, eh?

Those guys have nothing to do with god and they do not speak for anyone but themselves. They are there to deter you from the real gospel. It worked, I dont like them either with their get on your knees, kiss my ring, call me father, give me your money now here are some beads, rock back and forth and chant.... Thats bs religion.\

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Isnt there enough pain and suffering and killing going on to sort of 'trump' the butt banging and banana fights?
I can think of alot worse than a sexual behavior between consenting adults that warrants drama and attention from god.
Once again that loving and serene god wants to kill what he created.
There's something really wrong with accepting that, dont you think?

I mean apply the logic to real life, I have a son, he grows up into 'not what I expect', so I kill him after several attempts at reforming him to my ways, my liking.
I kill him because I deem him unworthy.
Yep makes wonderful sense doesnt it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

What is the relevance of being Catholic here? Are you just making up stuff to suit your particular world view?

Maybe you should read the post I was replying to and you will find out. It was NOT off-topic!

Hint: Its on the same page, a little further up.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

I can think of alot worse than a sexual behavior between consenting adults that warrants drama and attention from god.
Once again that loving and serene god wants to kill what he created.
There's something really wrong with accepting that, dont you think?

God has given to man, over all the other living beings of his globe, a power which he ought to use for the general good, but not to abuse. He may regulate reproduction according to his needs; but he ought not to hinder it unnecessarily.

The intelligent action of mankind is a counterpoise established by God for restoring the equilibrium of the forces of nature; and herein, again, man is distinguished from the animals, because he does this understandingly, while the animals, that also concur in maintaining this equilibrium, do so unconsciously, through the instinct of destruction which has been given to them, and which causes them, while providing for their own preservation only, to arrest the excessive development of the animal and vegetable species on which they feed, and which would otherwise become a source of danger.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join