It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tells court bin Laden photos must stay secret

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

www.google.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — Public disclosure of graphic photos and video taken of Osama bin Laden after he was killed in May by U.S. commandos would damage national security and lead to attacks on American property and personnel, the Obama administration contends in a court documents.

In a response late Monday to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group seeking the imagery, Justice Department attorneys said the CIA has located 52 photographs and video recordings. But they argued the images of the deceased bin Laden are classified and are being wit
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ctv.ca
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk

+81 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I wonder if the Whitehouse actually thinks people are buying any of this anymore. The story has changed so many times that it hurts my head to even think about it. They released many other gruesome photos and videos of things that endangered American interests. If they really cared about their foreign interests, they would change their foreign policies. Pics or it didn't happen!

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There probably are no photos of Bin laden to release thats why it will never happen.

Why havent we heard from his wife who was shot in the leg? There must be someone who can confirm if its was him or not that they shot other than the US government. How many people did they not shoot in that compound? Or was she the only survivour?

edit on 27-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Rest assured, the greatest secrets never revealed are deeply buried in lies.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Bin Laden would be the biggest political victory in years for the President that got him. Not a chance in hell they really killed him. If they had really killed him they'd have his dead mug posted in every newspaper, magazine and website that would post/print it (which would be most of them). Nobody had a problem posting pix of a hanging Saddam Hussein or his disfigured son, so why would a cleaned up Bin Laden corpse be bad (they said they cleaned him up before conveniently burying him at sea)? They could quell the conspiracy claims tomorrow if they produced the pictures. The fact that they won't only fuels the fire.

To me, this is a lot like the Obama birth certificate issue. If there really was a legit birth certificate they would have produced it years ago to shut people up. Instead, they produce a ridiculous forgery years later that only increased the speculation. They really do think we're all that stupid!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The only way I would believe the pics if I could see them would be if they were

dated December 2001....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Bin Laden would be the biggest political victory in years for the President that got him. Not a chance in hell they really killed him. If they had really killed him they'd have his dead mug posted in every newspaper, magazine and website that would post/print it (which would be most of them). Nobody had a problem posting pix of a hanging Saddam Hussein or his disfigured son, so why would a cleaned up Bin Laden corpse be bad (they said they cleaned him up before conveniently burying him at sea)? They could quell the conspiracy claims tomorrow if they produced the pictures. The fact that they won't only fuels the fire.

To me, this is a lot like the Obama birth certificate issue. If there really was a legit birth certificate they would have produced it years ago to shut people up. Instead, they produce a ridiculous forgery years later that only increased the speculation. They really do think we're all that stupid!!

don't forget about the pentagon 9-11 footage they are witholding that fuels that conspiracy fire as well..interesting how all the conclusive evidence seems to always be withheld.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Pffffft! Give me a break! If there were pics to prove the story, they'd be released.

No pics=No proof=didn't happen

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I would hope people arent buying it... National security concerns about attacks on US property??

What the hell has Al Queida been attacking then??

I say release the pictures or it didnt happen.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

There are pics, there was a body, there is video... All seen only by a select few people, in government.

They will never prevail as truth in the public.

Most likely because the whole thing was faked, and the public would quickly find many errors... That is why it must remain "secret"

First problem was Osama's left ear, seen in the released captured video of him watching himself on TV, in Pakistan... Shortly after it was said that the "too gruesome" for the public dead Osama images that his left ear had been shot off, but that everyone that viewed the pictures agreed, it was absolutely HIM.

That is just one thing... There would be millions more if they were released, and the entire thing would be quickly dismissed as FAKE.... That cannot happen, because Osama had to die that day, for national security objectives.

Right?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yeah...I guess there's no possibility that releasing photos would "inspire" more attacks against the USA, or another round of every moslem nutcase with a gun or a lb of plastic denouncing the great satan & trying to blow themselves up somewhere, or anything like that.

Nah - cant' possibly see anything like that happening.

Therefore of course it must be a conspiracy.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think they want us to revolt. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Do you honestly think they captured him that day? Just wondering. I personally don't believe that they did.

There are way too many holes in the story for it to be believable.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Most likely because the whole thing was faked, and the public would quickly find many errors... That is why it must remain "secret"
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Riiiiight!! It was faked through and through. Not an ounce of truth, or proof!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

just like everything else that happens in the government, it must stay a secret so nobody gets hurt

because they care.....only about themselves

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
considering the level of cgi and photoshop today

this is a conversation that will live outlive us all none of us will ever know

personally i didnt buy the death of bin laden and i didnt buy what the potus said when he made it his top priortiy when he got elected.

that dude took 6 months to decide to send more troops to afghanistan and now why would anyone who made bin laden his mission send troops to afghanistan?

the masses have been hoodwinked and obama didnt kill bin laden the mafia style burial at sea

no video or pictographic evidence the dude of full of crap.

the photos must stay secret is code speak for we must never let the public known were full of crap

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Muslim*

: )

Sorry, nobody is about to buy this. If you want the people of the country to believe you, don't treat them like idiots. Too gruesome..

Faces Of Death
The Human Centipede
Hostel
Hostel 2
Videos of people jumping out of the WTC towers (more saddening than anything)
Videos of our own troops dying
Videos of CHILDREN dying
Videos of WOMEN dying
Saddam hanging
Countless torture videos
etc
etc

All of these GRUESOME things... And the public cannot handle Osama with a bullet in his head?

Wait, it didn't happen...

Sorry, we produced more than enough anti Arab propaganda to piss the WORLD off time and time again. If we had real photos of the incident, then they would be paraded.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Yeah...I guess there's no possibility that releasing photos would "inspire" more attacks against the USA, or another round of every moslem nutcase with a gun or a lb of plastic denouncing the great satan & trying to blow themselves up somewhere, or anything like that.

Nah - cant' possibly see anything like that happening.

Therefore of course it must be a conspiracy.

Everything is a conspiracy until its proven. With all due respect, the fanatical nutjobs over there already want to kill us. Fanatical, by definition, means being filled with excessive and single-minded zeal. Nothing we do is going to make them MORE fanatical. And if it does, too bad!! We're at war!! I hope it breaks their hearts!! We could pull out tomorrow and their desire to remove us from the planet won't disappear! _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I believe NOTHING the government tells us regarding OBL. The story has changed too many times. We released pictures of Saddam Husseins dead sons but can't release a picture of bin Laden with a little hole in his face?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yes I believe it and I see no holes in it at all.

For al the alternatives I see a lot of people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with Planks constant in regard to evidence of somethign else beign true - THAT is where I see all the holes - or rather I see one great big hole with some little solid bits scattered around it!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join