It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street Mocks Protesters By Drinking Champagne

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Wall Street has shown Americans how they feel about protests. This video shows unidentified occupants watching protests from the balconies of Wall Street in amusement while sipping champagne.

"US Day of Rage"
Demonstrations began on September 17 to show U.S. citizens anger over a financial system that favors the rich over all other American citizens. Chanting, "We are 99 percent," thousands of protesters gathered near Zucotti Park, close to Wall Street and began their march. Around 5 pm, while attempting to enter the financial district at 55 Wall Street, they were met by curious onlookers from the balconies who were leisurely watching the protesters and doing the unthinkable--drinking champagne.

Read more at:

tv.globalresearch.ca...

Just goes to show what Wall Street thinks about main street - is this perhaps a version of Let them eat cake, or The French Revolution Redux?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If the protesters are protesting Wall Street, and Wall Street is having a good time and enjoying the protest, why do the cops have such a problem? Seems like everyone is enjoying themselves, the protesters shout obscenities and wall street enjoys their press boxes.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
just another slap in the face...they will regret that when they are begging for food and water because they people refuse to pay there stupid bill so they can spit in our face!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
They drink champagne because too many people are still drinking the Kool-Aid.

The time for Wall Street to pay will arrive soon. When that happens, they will be drinking beer like the rest of us.

Peace.

edit on 27-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yeah, all those smiles are because these people are excellent liars.

They are scared sh*tless, they realize that we finally figured it out, and everyone blaming arrogant spoiled youth... Grow up, do you see these kids on those balconies? Didn't think so, you see them camping on the street.

I am not one for protesting in the streets, but this protest actually makes a point, and the wall-streetians drinking in the boxes... They are making themselves look REALLY bad to the youth of the world. We DO inherit this place, and we ARE young, strong people willing to help each other out. That is what this is about, not looking cool...

Nobody looks cool with mace in their face.
edit on 27-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Who cares what they're doing on their own property? Would you rather they drink water? Why are the hippies and haters on the street trying to cause so much trouble by starting problems with the police and engaging in class warfare?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Every financial system in history has favored the wealthy for success over the poor. This is nothing new...its the "have nots" wanting to take from the "haves". Im all about helping folks out but it seems to me that there has been a blanket persecution of "wall street" when wall street is a puppet. Look behind wall street and find the real controllers ...that guy from the bbc interview is suggesting a good starting point talking about goldman sachs. Get facts and evidence on how specific entities or people are manipulating the world to their benefits. Hippies yelling injustice in the street is a bit overplayed and nobody listens to that much anymore...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
it really is a hard question, I think they might be upset that they don't have jobs, I am unsure if they are working, but doing these protests is taking time from them to find a decent paying job, even though there hardly isn't any jobs around, but get into some sort of factory job can yield good money.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
And? People are not allowed the stand on a balcony
and drink champaign? Who cares what they are doing.
How do you know that is not some lounge?

Sounds like envy and jelousness, it will eat you
from the inside out.

People are protesting, other people are watching so what?

Talk about class warfare at its best....

edit on 27-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't blame them for partying, if I knew that my time of grandeur and fortune was coming to a screeching halt, I would drink the # up as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Oh look at the little people with the little signs arnt they so funny.

up yours 1%

Who occupies 55 Wall Street? The sprawling, historic Manhattan building is home to the Ciprion Club Residences, a private club as well as residence to Wall Street's élite.

edit on 27-9-2011 by jrkelly77 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thutmose
Who cares what they're doing on their own property? Would you rather they drink water? Why are the hippies and haters on the street trying to cause so much trouble by starting problems with the police and engaging in class warfare?

hippies? haters? are we 5 now....they are protesting the way the world is because of them...the big corporations they work for the people that are supposedly creating jobs yet no one has seen them...those people who spend money uncontrollably while people beg for food to feed their families.

if you want to call this class warfare because this rich people who sit up high drinking their expensive drinks are laughing at the people below who are watching their future fall apart and the world we live in crumble . then so be it but when YOU dont have a job and YOU are fighting for your families survival this wont look like such a stupid idea.

we can spend billions on bailing out big companies and letting them get away with their tax loop holes but we cant create jobs so people can feed their damn families...damn right its time for class warfare i hope your ready for the s# storm thats coming,.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm drinking cheap vodka.. So when the market crashes once again.. I will be mocking them.

Cheers! Tastes like crap, but makes for a hell of a buzz..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thutmose

You just answered your own question with the last two words of your own post.

The class system.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
They drink champagne because many people are still drinking the Kool-Aid.

The time for Wall Street to pay will arrive soon. And then they will be drinking beer like the rest of us.

mmmmmm. ....beer

don't you know that the highest Wall Street Authority said he was 'Doing Gods work'
and these captains in industry are Ordained to make 490 times the pay of a regular working stiff

these elites detest the folks that make their bread, scrub their floors, etc...

the elites of wall street, religion, politics, intelligence, banking, finance, & indeed all the 'Members of the Board' in the daisy-chain of corporations should engage in God's work by becoming fertilizer..
i.e.: 'pushing up daisies' in the colloquial
edit on 27-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
#occupywallstreet is not just about wallstreet.

People want 'concrete' demands from them, and they do have those concrete demands. But its NOT just about wallstreet. Its about the entire corporate system that is ruling us, enslaved us to debt. And they laugh at us?

That infuriates me. Also, i have a tweet for you guys (just need to find it)

"God bless the 100 New York City cops who've refused to participate in actions contrary to "protecting and serving" us at #OccupyWallStreet."

Thats a good one. Follow #occupywallstreet on twitter.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Sounds like they are antagonizing the protesters to just go ahead and burn it to the ground.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The rich are drunk on champagne, while the poor are drunk on cheap beer.

No wonder no one is level-headed.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
They are standing up there due to the bailouts, no?

When are they bailing out the US by providing jobs?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You know if the images speak for themselves , it doesn't matter how wealthy you are, this kind of attitude is in very bad taste. They think this is a game in which they are the winners and the protesters are the sore losers. They are just fueling the fire by portraying rich people as detestable greedy profiteers. Since when did rich=no integrity?

These pour souls think they are rich, but it's only in materials. Which one of them is going to die from cancer soon?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join