It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the truth movement clings to their theories

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Fear.

The deep down fear that the government that many of them love to hate, that has been normally been so evilly portrayed by Hollywood, is actually quite inefficient and sloppy......and quite frankly, can't hold a secret to save its life once the politicians get involved.

If anything, history has shown it is far easier to believe in the omnipotence of government, than it is to believe in its incompetence, which is why so many people find it hard to accept the reality of the events of that day. Even when faced by the events like the response to Katrina, we saw people claiming it was a racial thing, rather than poor planning.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.

edit on Mon Sep 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by vipertech0596 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
the obvious big bad wolf you ignore isnt as scary as the one dressed as your grandmother you dont know........

2nd
edit on 26-9-2011 by Biigs because: edit

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
Fear.

The deep down fear that the government that many of them love to hate, that has been normally been so evilly portrayed by Hollywood, is actually quite inefficient and sloppy......and quite frankly, can't hold a secret to save its life once the politicians get involved.

9/11 wasn't a political action even though some politicians are profiting handsomely from 9/11 in both political capital and real swag.

It was a ritual sacrifice.
edit on 26-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

DAYAM!

Love the twist on that

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
da whaaat o.O....i dun get it.

p.s. got it dang nice twist o.O
edit on 26-9-2011 by Calex1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Yeah, I agree basically. Witness the number of Truthers who assume that the US government is somehow omnipotent, that they could stop any threat to the continental United States with a wave of a wand and a few incredible fighter jets -- if it wasn't for those horrid conspiracists.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

And what is the purpose of a sacrifice?

To appease a god or deity.

Sounds like something one would do when motivated by fear.

edit on 26/9/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Except for the Korean war...didn't find out about that for some time...and even then, people still don't know how and why the US lied about it. I think that is a pretty big secret that was kept, right?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Fear.

The real reason why the OS'ers cling to their theories:

Fear.

The deep down fear that the government that many of them love to hate, that has been normally been so evilly portrayed by Hollywood, is not actually quite as inefficient and sloppy as they prefer to believe, but is in fact every bit capable of being responsible for such a henious act.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Fear.

9/11 wasn't a political action even though some politicians are profiting handsomely from 9/11 in both political capital and real swag.

It was a ritual sacrifice.
edit on 26-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

im sorry proof ?

Is there any proof of that? Or are we following the same old line of spouting off theories with no facts to back them up?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Care to elaborate? Although, I must point out the the US Government today is much, much different than it was sixty years ago.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Except for the Korean war...didn't find out about that for some time...and even then, people still don't know how and why the US lied about it. I think that is a pretty big secret that was kept, right?

There was a war in Korea!!?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I have come to the conclusion that there are spiritual forces at work behind the scenes. It's not the individuals or the governments themselves. Something is driving these elite to do the work, conspiracies etc. As such, its really not abou keeping a secret but to fulfill an ancient agenda.

Just my pov tho.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
9/11 itself has become a paradox.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Fear.

Funny, that's the same reason I think you skeptics cling to the OS! At least for the skeptics who aren't paid to defend the OS.
edit on 26-9-2011 by ATH911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisX99

Ah yes.
The government that cannot share information between intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies without an Act of Congress.

The government that forbids its intelligence from talking to Third World contacts if those individuals have "human rights" issues.

The government whose military cannot even feed itself without civilian contractors (thank you Bill Clinton).

Yeah that government is capable of pulling off the conspiracy of the century........dream on.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Fear.

Yep, I'm starting to see the same pattern,and not only with the conspiracy theorists. I saw the movie "The Core" the other day, which described a secret US military experiment that monkeyed with the magnetic poles within the core of the Earth that went astray. When asked why, they explained they did it because "if the US didn't monkey with the Earth's magnetic poles then America's enemies would". THEN there was the Japanese Anime "Blood" where the US military decided to create immortal werewolves that hunted human beings, for no particular reason. Oh yeah, then there was the movie "The Mist" wher the US military was opening dementional doors and allowng alien monsters into the world to run amok for no reason. There's clearly a lot of "US military boogeyman" paranoia going around.

If you conspiracy people don't believe anything else I say, then at least believe this- the US military is NOT secretly making immortal werewolves, and I daresay they don't want monsters from another demention coming into our world any more than the rest of us do.
edit on 26-9-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by whaaa

And what is the purpose of a sacrifice?

To appease a god or deity.

Sounds like something one would do when motivated by fear.

Fear and devotion

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yes, I will elaborate. But, please tell me how it is so different from 60 years ago?

The Korean War began shortly after June 25, 1950, when "the south reported an attack by the north and said fighting continued all across Korea along the [38th] parallel. The north claimed just the opposite. Pyongyang Radio announced that the the south 'started a surprise invasion of the north along the whole front of the 38th parallel line at dawn on the 25th'"

The United States did not wait until the situation became clear: instead, the Truman administration demanded from the UN Security Council authorization to repel the attack. In doing so, it ignored the fact that border skirmishes between the two Korean regimes had been going on months prior to June 1950. Further, Syngman Rhee, the unpopular South Korean leader, had every reason to invade.

Even if one assumes that North Korea was intent on conquest, it remains the case that the United States had no reliable evidence on which to base its charge of North Korean aggression.

In like fashion, China entered the war only after deliberate attacks on hydroelectric plants in Korea that supplied Manchuria with power; and its forays into Korea were at first very tentative. The United States claimed without adequate basis that China intended to conquer Korea in order to bring it within the Communist world empire. In point of fact, the American Supreme Commander, Douglas MacArthur, aimed to induce a Chinese attack, since he had hopes of overturning the Communist Chinese government. Page explaining that.

As if this were not enough, the United States made another deceptive claim. It contended that South Korea was the victim of international aggression. But even if the North had launched a full-scale invasion of the South at the instigation of the Chinese or Russians, the best case for the US position, the American claim would still have been false. North and South Korea were not at the time separate countries; the two regimes were merely in control of administrative zones, supposedly temporary. The conflict was then a civil war; but had the US thus characterized it, it would have been unable to get UN backing to repel a foreign invasion.

Much better for its purposes, then, to lie.

From here.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

Still clinging to the fantasy that the bad guys care enough about ATS to pay people to post here I see.

Fear isn't what keeps me sticking to the OS, its knowledge that keeps me there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join