It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New gaffe: Obama confuses Jews with janitors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You just can't make this stuff up. And it's happening almost too fast to keep up with.

Here's another obama (George Bush-like
) gaffe, where he somehow strayed from the published transcript - and his teleprompter? - in a speech to the black caucus.

And reported by the very left leaning Los Angeles Times no less.

source

And then, deep into the speech, according to the White House transcript, the president said:

When you start saying, at a time when the top one-tenth of 1 percent has seen their incomes go up four or five times over the last 20 years, and folks at the bottom have seen their incomes decline -- and your response is that you want poor folks to pay more?

Give me a break.

If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that with a badge of honor. I have no problem with that.

That's what the transcript says he said.

Now, in the C-SPAN video below, and listen especially to the phrase "the same tax rate as a janitor..."

Here is what the president actually said, catching himself almost in time but not quite:

If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew, uh, as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that with a badge of honor. I have no problem with that.

The president has been muffing lines all over the place recently. Last week, also peddling his jobs plan at a bridge that won't qualify, he hailed America's building of "the Intercontinental Railroad." You don't seem to hear much about these gaffes in the media for some reason.

A potentially huge mistake by the president who is currently trying to get back the Jewish voters already angry at obama for his perceived treatment of Israel.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
And for those of you that will want to rush to obama's defense, remember it is what was actually said that carries far more weight than what was written in a transcript that was supposed to be said.

Just ask George Bush, Palin and other conservatives on that issue - if any of you need to be reminded ...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I didn't know people got a different tax rate based on their religion.

I guess it works differently here in Cannuckistan. It's a Bush like Gaffe in the full sense of the word as he obviously went off script, and what he managed to get out doesn't exactly make any sense.

Unless he was insinuating that "Jews" pay higher taxes than most, I don't really get the point or how this is damaging at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Who programs the teleprompter? Diebold?

Any thought Obama may have had about abstaining from the UN vote on a Palestinian state is made all the more harder now, Israel and AIPAC will just play the anti-semitism card to put pressure on him to veto it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Unless he was insinuating that "Jews" pay higher taxes than most, I don't really get the point or how this is damaging at all.

Read my last line from the OP again to understand how this could be damaging to obama in his bid for re-election.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ahh Mr. Obama racist much? A very interesting slip of the tongue though. Wonder why his brain went that way.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

He is an anti-Semite!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Later that day, Obama was caught wiping his elbow with some toilet paper. MSNBC claimed it is a current trend since they all have been doing it for quite some time.

Developing. . . . .

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Ok, I am going to share with you guys something that every Illinois native is painfully aware of; Politicians from Illinois are crooked. I mean you can count on them to be.

In fact those of us from Illinois have been waiting for an honest politician to show up in our State since Adlai Stevenson, that is about 50 to 60 years now. I am not exaggerating or utilizing literary license here. In fact even my 88 year old Republican voting mom will tell you the same thing.

So next time an Illinois politician runs for the Ovoid Office save yourselves some heartache and ask one of us from the Land Of Lincoln. Or save yourselves the extra work of finding one of us and simply affix the "crooked" stamp to the man mentally. That is what us flat-landers will be doing anyway, as a matter of course.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would wonder about the possibility that when he was speaking of the richest americans in the beginning of his sentence, if the word 'Jew' was connected to that in his mind.

Hard to really say, but that may be what made that word 'pop out' when it didn't seem to fit.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Ok, I am going to share with you guys something that every Illinois native is painfully aware of; Politicians from Illinois are crooked. I mean you can count on them to be.
They have a lot in common with the politicians that we have here in Pennsylvania.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Illinois sure seems like a hot bed of criminal I mean political activity these days

Obamas gaffe will cost him there's no way around it. Slip of the tongue POLEASE!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Ahh Mr. Obama racist much? A very interesting slip of the tongue though. Wonder why his brain went that way.

Racist? how is that racist?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hmm, any chance he was reading the prompter and saw "janitor" and almost said "jupiter", as in he started to say jew-pi-ter, but caught himself after the first syllable? Nah, has to be the most scandalous interpretation possible. Sheeshh...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

Originally posted by hangedman13

Racist? how is that racist?
Correct.

It would be ethnic-ist, I suppose. I tried ethnist, that shows up bad on the spell check. I hope someone knows the correct word.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc1km
Who programs the teleprompter? Diebold?

Any thought Obama may have had about abstaining from the UN vote on a Palestinian state is made all the more harder now, Israel and AIPAC will just play the anti-semitism card to put pressure on him to veto it.

Personally, I do think America should have abstained from voting on this sensitive issue. What business does America have in this Israel/Palestine two-State deal anyway? America's blind support, in the tune of Billions, has been a thorn in my side for a long time now. Why do we have to support a Nation that is richer than God in hidden assets and minerals, and is armed to the teeth with the latest weapons systems, including enough nuclear missiles to turn the Middle East into a glowing field of gravel?

They (Israel) wanted a State, they got one in 1948. They have managed to hold onto it for all these years, because of the MIGHT of the American/British Navy/Air Force and NORAD. It is time they stood on their own. Israel will have to make some concessions, as will Palestine. I am hearing Palestine does not want to recognize Israel as a State now. These two factions can work this out, but only if Special Interests will keep their noses out of it.

Ron Paul on Israel:

link   
Listen to the video, I think it's clear he was saying Janitor, and began to mispronounce the word to which he corrected mid-stutter.

This is an accurate transcript:

".... as the same rate as a ju-janitor".

This is how the righties want to interpret it:

"... as the same rate as a Jew. uh, Janitor."

It's just race-baiting from the right. Nothing more.

link   
reply to post by butcherguy

How about bigoted.

big·ot (bgt)
n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
yep yep obama

is the smartest

most intelligent

never made a mistake that the left didnt like

potus we ever had.

or as i like to say the truth always comes out

and it is my pround belief that truth

will get him FIRED!

edit on 26-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by butcherguy

How about bigoted.

big·ot (bgt)
n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

I don't think biggoted works either, since we have no idea what the rest of the "Jew" word was. Mountains out of mole hills...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join