It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New gaffe: Obama confuses Jews with janitors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Hmm, any chance he was reading the prompter and saw "janitor" and almost said "jupiter", as in he started to say jew-pi-ter, but caught himself after the first syllable? Nah, has to be the most scandalous interpretation possible. Sheeshh...

You saying he's got beef with Jupiter now?! You Obama haters never quit!

To the OP: I was gonna dog on you until I actually watched the video. Yeah, that was a pretty clear Freudian slip. Sucks for him!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Hmm, any chance he was reading the prompter and saw "janitor" and almost said "jupiter", as in he started to say jew-pi-ter, but caught himself after the first syllable? Nah, has to be the most scandalous interpretation possible. Sheeshh...

Maybe I should give you my "ATS Rubber Man" Award for the greatest attempted stretch of the truth in defense of obama and his administration?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by centurion1211

Unless he was insinuating that "Jews" pay higher taxes than most, I don't really get the point or how this is damaging at all.

Either do I??

I certainly see he fumbled the pronounciation of the word and corrected himself, but I can't find any context where it can be considered fruedian etc. ?

He fumbled a word and he immediately corrected mid-pronunciation.

I don't think the Media really took Pres. Bush or Palin to task on such pronounciation fumbles, but rather outright mistakes that were often comedically defended rather than acknowledged.

Paul Revere warning the Brithish or the famous Bushism..
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Otherwise...If it had been Palin and she had not corrected the mis-pronounciation, the right wing would citing obscure salary surveys showing that the average Jewish person makes a janitors wage...She was right damnit!!

Absent a desperate need to nit-pick I honestly don't get the importance, humor or relevance of the mispronunciation.

Not getting it. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Unless he was insinuating that "Jews" pay higher taxes than most, I don't really get the point or how this is damaging at all.

Read my last line from the OP again to understand how this could be damaging to obama in his bid for re-election.

Still don't get it...how is that damaging?

Even assuming your premise that he accidentally demanded that Billionaires pay the same tax rate as "Jews"....

The common disparagy toward "jews" is that they are wealthy, greedy and horde their money...so...how does this remark if taken as "Jews" insult Jews? By what?? Equating them with hard working Janitors? Who aren't wealthy, greedy or horde their money??????...

It's just confusing...even in the most idealogical-let's slam Obama view -how is he insulting the Jewish people?
edit on 26-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Maybe I should give you my "ATS Rubber Man" Award for the greatest attempted stretch of the truth in defense of obama and his administration?

It has nothing to do with defending Obama or his administration - it's more in defense of logic. Logic tells me that it's far more likely that Obama was "reading without thinking" as anyone is wont to do, especially someone who gives multiple speeches per day, and his brain saw the word "jupiter" rather than "janitor" (who knows, maybe he was discussing it previously and it was on his mind) and he caught himself mid-word. But please, have at it with your scandalous jewish conspiracy..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with defending Obama or his administration - it's more in defense of logic. Logic tells me that it's far more likely that Obama was "reading without thinking" as anyone is wont to do, especially someone who gives multiple speeches per day, and his brain saw the word "jupiter" rather than "janitor" (who knows, maybe he was discussing it previously and it was on his mind) and he caught himself mid-word. But please, have at it with your scandalous jewish conspiracy..

Well, maybe I could cut obama some slack on that if he hadn't been touted as the "smartest president ever" and "messiah" - and everything in between ...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Read my last line from the OP again to understand how this could be damaging to obama in his bid for re-election.

Still don't get it...how is that damaging?

Even assuming your premise that he accidentally demanded that Billionaires pay the same tax rate as "Jews"....

The common disparagy toward "jews" is that they are wealthy, greedy and horde their money...so...how does this remark if taken as "Jews" insult Jews? By what?? Equating them with hard working Janitors? Who aren't wealthy, greedy or horde their money??????...

It's just confusing...even in the most idealogical-let's slam Obama view -how is he insulting the Jewish people?

It's that either his conscious or sub-conscious mind came up with the word "Jew" at a totally wrong place in his speech.

Kind of like the Peter Sellers character in the movie Dr. Strangelove, who has a hard time controlling his arm that wants to spontaneously do the "sieg heil salute", obama's true feelings about the Jews maybe surfacing.

Goes towards showing why he has been favoring and paying more attention to the muslim countries in the middle east. Also, points out why the Jewish vote will not be there for him in the coming election.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Bushisms weren't about flubbing a pronounciation or stuttering. They were entire statements and sentences spoken by Bush that are utter nonsense or ramblings.

Trying to twist "Ju..Janitor" into some tirade against Jews is just typical politics from the right.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

freudian slip repressed resentment towards isreal

personally how the hell does anyone confused tho 2 words and come on

the current potus shows to the rest of america that a harvard educations are over rated.
edit on 26-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Not getting it. Sorry.

But then when have you ever found fault with anything obama has ever done?

No man is perfect, but you seem to think this man is.

Remember, I may find a lot of fault with obama and his policies, but I've also started threads praising him when I thought he had done something right. Shows I am able to look at and post both sides.

Other staunch obama supporters have admitted in this thread how bizarre this speech was.

You?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Bushisms weren't about flubbing a pronounciation or stuttering. They were entire statements and sentences spoken by Bush that are utter nonsense or ramblings.

Trying to twist "Ju..Janitor" into some tirade against Jews is just typical politics from the right.

You mean like obama saying there are 57 states?

Seems to qualify as exactly what you've just accused Bush of (I even underlined it for you).

Trying to twist "Jew..Janitor" into just some sort of mispronunciation, is "ra..ridiculous".

edit on 9/26/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wow, what a great catch!!!!!
Star and flag and flag some more. This is amazing. This is the kind of important breaking news I joined this site for. This is amazing information. He is so done now. All we have to do is wait for the one GOP candidate that never slipped up to become the frontrunner and mop up the floor with him.

There is no way Americans will vote for this nimrod twice after such a devastating and country destroying error. Thank goodness there are people around here to catch important stuff like this and post it to ATS where I could come across it. I think I will be voting Republican for the rest of my life now because this issue is just too big to get over.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Aren't you the one who was in the Palin divorce thread whining about how everyone just wants to smear poor lil Sarah? Pot....meet Mr. Kettle.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanndy
Wow, what a great catch!!!!!

Thanks!

There is no way Americans will vote for this nimrod twice after such a devastating and country destroying error.

Sadly, some still will vote for obama no matter how many campaign promises he break, or how much he makes a bad economic situation worse. You can even see a few of them posting here. Ridiculous, aren't they?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Aren't you the one who was in the Palin divorce thread whining about how everyone just wants to smear poor lil Sarah? Pot....meet Mr. Kettle.

You mean the smear thread(s) based on a "book" whose "author" was later completely debunked?

Damn straight I was complaining about that.

But this was actually reported by the ultra left-leaning Los Angeles Times.

Quite a different - and many would say - more reputable (and noteworthy since it put obama in a negative light) source.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Not so good with the sarcasm are you?
I have no idea why this is supposed to matter to anyone.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanndy

because the jewish voters always trend towards the democrats.

throwing isreal under the bus isnt going to make him any votes

but lose quite a few of them.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wait I thought Obama was Jew, and a Zioninst puppet. Or wait is he Muslim?

Either way I find this rather hysterical. I can just see him talking with his speechwriter, making an anti semitic (sp idgaf) joke and saying 'Oops hope I don't say that in my speech'.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanndy

Not so good with the sarcasm are you?
I have no idea why this is supposed to matter to anyone.

On the contrary, even better at the sarcasm than you are.

And since you admit you have no idea ...

The issue of U.S. support of Israel is quite sensitive with the Jewish voters who have historically voted democrat, and who obama will no doubt desperately need in the coming election.

However, in a recent test - the special election for Weiner's old house seat, the Jewish voters deserted obama and the democrats to help elect a Catholic Republican over a Jewish democrat. This election was turned into a referendum on obama's policies and job approval, so maybe you're starting to get an answer to your question?

After that election debacle, there were press releases on how obama and the democrats were going to work hard to "get back the Jewish voters".

And so why it matters - still with me? - is that making mistakes like this will certainly not help obama in his quest to get the Jewish voters back on his side.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Words are stored differently in everyones brain..

It's fairly common for me to think a word, and say another.
Of course since Republicans don't believe in Psychology, this doesn't matter.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join