It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New gaffe: Obama confuses Jews with janitors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by centurion1211

Words are stored differently in everyones brain..

It's fairly common for me to think a word, and say another.
Of course since Republicans don't believe in Psychology, this doesn't matter.

You actually know other people who can get "Jew" and "janitor" mixed up in their brain?

And what you clearly have mixed up in your brain is the difference between psychology and psycho-babble.

Republicans do believe in the former, but will leave the latter to the democrats.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
On the contrary, even better at the sarcasm than you are.

And since you admit you have no idea ...

The issue of U.S. support of Israel is quite sensitive with the Jewish voters who have historically voted democrat, and who obama will no doubt desperately need in the coming election.

However, in a recent test - the special election for Weiner's old house seat, the Jewish voters deserted obama and the democrats to help elect a Catholic Republican over a Jewish democrat. This election was turned into a referendum on obama's policies and job approval, so maybe you're starting to get an answer to your question?

After that election debacle, there were press releases on how obama and the democrats were going to work hard to "get back the Jewish voters".

And so why it matters - still with me? - is that making mistakes like this will certainly not help obama in his quest to get the Jewish voters back on his side.

Not really. When it comes across as sincerely as yours did then it is either not sarcasm or it is not good sarcasm. Mine was actually kind of obvious and that is what makes it good.

How did this special election become a referendum on Obama when NY's 26th special election was not a referendum on the GOP's plans for our future?
edit on 26-9-2011 by Sanndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well, maybe I could cut obama some slack on that if he hadn't been touted as the "smartest president ever" and "messiah" - and everything in between ...

Well then maybe stop calling him the "Messiah" or "the smartest President ever"!!...since it seems that it is his fierce detractors that are the only ones that use those adjectives.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't like the guy but its just a slip up. A slip up thats prolly going to cost him votes but a slip up none the less.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Not getting it. Sorry.

But then when have you ever found fault with anything obama has ever done?

You continue to confuse folks defending logic or factual evidence as defending Pres. Obama.

Some people just think objectively. I do not champion Pres. Obama, I champion sane thinking and objective truth.

Scrutinizing C-Span for a moment where the President briefly fumbles a word and then working hard to contort logic in an attempt to spin it into a "he is a muslim who hates Jews" thing...nothing sane or rational about that.

I may find a lot of fault with obama and his policies,

Really? His policies? Do you know the subject of your own thread?

The man stuttered for micro-second on a word and you decided it was OP worthy.

Policies?? You have a sense of humor, I will give you that.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
I don't like the guy but its just a slip up.

Nope. Not allowed. If you disagree with the OP then you are a communist, lefty, Obama lover. Either/or.

...defending sane or objective thinking is not an option.

Obama's stutter on the word actually means

he secretly is a Nazi..

Kind of like the Peter Sellers character in the movie Dr. Strangelove, who has a hard time controlling his arm that wants to spontaneously do the "sieg heil salute", obama's true feelings about the Jews maybe surfacing.

he is secretly a muslim

Goes towards showing why he has been favoring and paying more attention to the muslim countries in the middle east.

and that

the Jewish vote will not be there for him in the coming election.

GEEZ! Don't you realize what he meant when he said "Ju-Janitors" !!! It's soooo Obvious!!!
edit on 26-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You actually know other people who can get "Jew" and "janitor" mixed up in their brain?

Jupiter
Janitor

I see no reason why someone reading quickly couldn't confuse the two for a milisecond. They share a majority of letters and have the same number of letters.

I at least think that theorey is more credible than he is a secret Muslim Nazi

But the idea that such an event is worthy of theorizing at all is a strictly fringe right phenomena.

A discussion about our economy or the deficit anyone?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

considering past postings i have read from you

never once ever seen you defend the last potus so vociferiously

meh

My registratioin date is right there on my profile. It would be difficult defend the last POTUS when I wasn't on ATS at the time?

This whole "if you don't believe my crazy BS, then you are a communist" tactic of debate works no better here than it did for the birthers.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

Well he may have Jews on the mind after the UN mess. Considering the context of his speech being money and who do we here has control of the money???? I am just going on what some of the wonderful minds here have said before me.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It was a mistake. I think we all know Obama can speak.

Comparisons to Bush? C'mon get over it... Bush was bad and we all know that... no one can beat that guy.

Obama sounded like he was saying Jew at first but who really cares?

This is a Gaffe eh? A misspoken word that started to sound like Jew?

Kind of a non-issue. Can we talk about something with more substance than this?
edit on 9/26/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanndy

Not really. When it comes across as sincerely as yours did then it is either not sarcasm or it is not good sarcasm. Mine was actually kind of obvious and that is what makes it good.

Quite elitist to assume you know me better than I do.

How did this special election become a referendum on Obama when NY's 26th special election was not a referendum on the GOP's plans for our future?
edit on 26-9-2011 by Sanndy because: (no reason given)

Do you ever read, listen to, or watch the news on political issues?

If not, what are you doing posting on this forum?

No matter. I'm feeling educational at the moment, so you get to be the beneficiary. Don't waste the opportunity!

source

From the losing candidate, himself:

Dem Weprin Blames Obama After Stunning NY-9 Loss: “The Election Turned Into Referendum on Obama & I Was the Unfortunate Consequence”

edit on 9/26/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Dem Weprin Blames Obama After Stunning NY-9 Loss: “The Election Turned Into Referendum on Obama & I Was the Unfortunate Consequence”

And you don't think it was because the residents were simply pissed that Anthony Wiener got busted showing his wang?

That seems more plausible than blaming Obama.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Hmm, any chance he was reading the prompter and saw "janitor" and almost said "jupiter", as in he started to say jew-pi-ter, but caught himself after the first syllable? Nah, has to be the most scandalous interpretation possible. Sheeshh...

Maybe I should give you my "ATS Rubber Man" Award for the greatest attempted stretch of the truth in defense of obama and his administration?

It has nothing to do with defending Obama or his administration - it's more in defense of logic. Logic tells me that it's far more likely that Obama was "reading without thinking" as anyone is wont to do, especially someone who gives multiple speeches per day, and his brain saw the word "jupiter" rather than "janitor" (who knows, maybe he was discussing it previously and it was on his mind) and he caught himself mid-word. But please, have at it with your scandalous jewish conspiracy..

Well, maybe I could cut obama some slack on that if he hadn't been touted as the "smartest president ever" and "messiah" - and everything in between ...

Link please. I've never read or saw a video where he said he was any of these things.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

And you don't think it was because the residents were simply pissed that Anthony Wiener got busted showing his wang?

That seems more plausible than blaming Obama.

More plausible that what the losing democrat candidate thinks and says?

Rrrriiiigggghhhttttt .....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Hmm, any chance he was reading the prompter and saw "janitor" and almost said "jupiter", as in he started to say jew-pi-ter, but caught himself after the first syllable? Nah, has to be the most scandalous interpretation possible. Sheeshh...

Maybe I should give you my "ATS Rubber Man" Award for the greatest attempted stretch of the truth in defense of obama and his administration?

It has nothing to do with defending Obama or his administration - it's more in defense of logic. Logic tells me that it's far more likely that Obama was "reading without thinking" as anyone is wont to do, especially someone who gives multiple speeches per day, and his brain saw the word "jupiter" rather than "janitor" (who knows, maybe he was discussing it previously and it was on his mind) and he caught himself mid-word. But please, have at it with your scandalous jewish conspiracy..

Link please. I've never read or saw a video where he said he was any of these things.

Didn't say obama said those things. It came from his once myriad - now a lot fewer for some reason - fans. Hell, there were even people in Europe ready to declare obama king of the world after his election. And how can we forget the Nobel Peace Prize obama supposedly earned "based on potential". BTW, how's that "potential" working out for the NPP committee?

No, you can't make any of this stuff up ...

source

Is Obama a (or the) Messiah?
Is Obama the Messiah? People are asking these days and it's not so hard to understand why: the desperate throngs, the tears, the great awakening of a slumbering demographic. All that larger symbolism.

and

source

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, another powerful Chicago-based political figure associated with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and other long-time associates of Democratic Party presidential candidate Barack Obama, is leaving no doubt about what he thinks of the leader in the campaign for the White House.

He says when Obama talks "the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
maybe it was this....

"What is felt when one has a feeling is a condition of one's body, and the word used to describe it almost always comes from the word for the cause of the condition felt."

www.marxists.org...

A similar case is made here for the words we use to refer to states of mind or cognitive processes. They almost always began as references either to some aspect of behaviour or to the setting in which behaviour occurred. Only very slowly have they become the vocabulary of something called mind. Experience is a good example. As Raymond Williams (1976) has pointed out, the word was not used to refer to anything felt or introspectively observed until the 19th century. Before that time it meant, quite literally, something a person had "gone through" (from the Latin expiriri), or what we should now call an exposure to contingencies of reinforcement. This paper reviews about 80 other words for states of mind or cognitive processes. They are grouped according to the bodily conditions that prevail when we are doing things, sensing things, changing the way we do or sense things (learning), staying changed (remembering), wanting, waiting, thinking, and "using our minds."

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is much ado about NOTHING. Any human being required to speak in public make mistakes. Actors making $20M per film require multiple takes. The average feature film using the most highly paid professional speakers shoot a ratio of twenty minutes of raw footage for every minute of final product.

It's no wonder politicians score so low on approval ratings when loud mouth instigators on both sides are paid to highlight and dissect each perceived affront, gaff and misstep. Frankly I'm sick of the finger pointing and the self righteous indignation.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Jupiter
Janitor

I see no reason why someone reading quickly couldn't confuse the two for a milisecond. They share a majority of letters and have the same number of letters.

I at least think that theorey is more credible than he is a secret Muslim Nazi

But the idea that such an event is worthy of theorizing at all is a strictly fringe right phenomena.

A discussion about our economy or the deficit anyone?

i myself AlWAYS get jupiter and janitor mixed up!!

like when shoemaker-levy slammed into jan-jupiter!

he will be loosing votes just because of his lack of support for israel.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join