It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Solar Storm! Widespread POWER OUTAGES 11 cities & 11 million ppl affected as of 12am Sep 26

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fepre

Hey there ,

fellow Portugal member... i have added you as a friend ...

where in Portugal are you ??

snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Not trying to contradict anyone, but from what I had read before one of the fears when Elein was between Earth and the Sun, was the Solar Flares it may causer.
They have been tracking a increase in solaaaar flares since Elein has been getting closer to the sun.

It is know fact thethe planets Jupter, Saturn can cause increase in solar flares.
I don't really know how big Elein is to cause such effects.

The solar flares of 1859 ( I think is right year ) cause fires and devastated the telegraph system.
Nasa is truly cocerned about these threats of solar flares and warned to prepare for such.
Get off the grid.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am surprised that Phage hasn't made a visit to this thread yet.

I wonder what his reasoning will be.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Umm, according to Hydro One less than 300 customers are without power in all of Ontario. I think you can rest assured the sky isn't falling people. I'd be interested to check the other cities the OP mentioned, but that would just be a waste of my time.

Or wait, maybe Hydro 1 is in on the end of the world hide it from the sheeple elenin days of doom?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I was just looking at solar pic, has class M solar flares.
This is more active than what I have seen, plus some of them are kind of point in Earth's dirrection, which is what was feared.
Linksohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

C and M class flares are photo ops. As in non-events.

Only stronger X class flares are common with larger CME events.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hi there

It has just increased in the last 30 mins !!

South America is getting it full on now :
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

edit on 26-9-2011 by snoopyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
reply to post by googolplex

C and M class flares are photo ops. As in non-events.

Only stronger X class flares are common with larger CME events.
I was just going to mention class M is not much to worry about, the X is the bad one.
But neverless if it were really a none event it would not be mentioned, hopefully it is not precuser to something more servere.
I watch this quite often and most the time, the ones I see don't go towards Earth.
There was a solar flare earlier this year that shot towards Eilein, and that was a bad one, if it had came towards Earth it would of been bad one.

They had picture of one that shot out right when a astroid came very near the sun,they said the flare moved the astroid. I can't remember where I saw this, but I think was on a Eilien thread.
edit on 26-9-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
GD ats man... all these wacko titles. I have plennnnty of power. If I could share, I would, obv not worldwide though.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This website is related to the solar storms....it's a bit heavy on the doom and gloom but interesting.

solarstormwarning.com...

I think they are taking it to the extreme but the truth is a very severe solar storm really could disable a lot of the electronic devices we use today. More concerning than that would be the power grid, if the power goes out for an extended period of time we could be in for some rough times.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Yes. Isaw it go to brown from blue within 5 minutes on www.swpc.noaa.gov/ about 45 minutes ago . I recently talked to Dr. Gurman at Nasa and he said the sun is now at a very peacefull stage in its 22 year cycle. When we look at SOHO and LASCO images the CMEs just look big but they are not big ,since the sun is at a minimum now. He must be taking a second look at the data right now. I think the Sun is becoming a different kind of star as it enters into a neighboring galactic cloud called a "bubble" and will be giving out more light from its atmosphere because of numerous flares and CMEs on its surface.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
According to the date September 26-27th of this year, the orbital diagram shows that Elenin will be aligned with the sun and the earth, which can be seen clearly on the diagram.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by STEADFast

and my torch wont work!!! ahhh oh wait no batteries

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Something else I didn't mention but they have discovered a way to forcast these solar storms, I'm not sure about how much in advance.
They found out that the rate of radioactive decay changes just before and during a solar flare.
I don't know how much of a none event this could be, but I would suggest you don't get x-rays on those days.
I tell my doctors, dentist I don't want X-rays, I tell them why do you think they call them X-rays, X the unknown.
And yes they just found out about this change in the amout of radation given off not to long ago.
So their still guessing, as far as medicine is concerned their still in stone-age, blood letting, exploratory surgery anyone.

I studided electricity before and one of the instructors said, they have been warned, one bad hit and the grid could go down like dominos, for long, long time. Heaven forbid.
edit on 26-9-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You may also add Vienna, Austria to the list of 'CME victims'... The whole subwaysystem went down, because of some software malfunction...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 26-9-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HedyLamarr
You may also add Vienna, Austria to the list of 'CME victims'... The whole subwaysystem went down, because of some software malfunction...

Software malfunction?

That's a good one.

They will eventually run out of lies... i mean err explanations for the public soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i'm from Covilhã, in the center of the country! right by the mountins Serra da Estrela! the highst point of Continental Portugal! thank you for asking.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

The whole subwaysystem went down, because of some software malfunction...

I hope people are not stuck in the
subway! Not a good place to be
when the systems goes down.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
the red zone is between the 26th and the 27th, and on the MORNING of the 26th we're already at about 20+ incidents including a downed subway system, yet people really are here to mock the OP?

We have 36 hours to go!!!

I'm not a "head for the ozarks" guy but I'm definitely taking notice of the things that are going on around me. I don't feel that this is a coincidence, but I guess we'll see..

Where is Obama today?
And the rest of the rich folks?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join