It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Solar Storm! Widespread POWER OUTAGES 11 cities & 11 million ppl affected as of 12am Sep 26

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I live in PA, and have heard of nothing out of the ordinary as of yet. I checked the local outages map as well, which is showing several outages of 500 homes or less throughout the state, but these are very localised and nothing out of the ordinary to see at any point in the week.

Click here, to view PA outages...

Can't say much for the rest of the worldbut when I hear of large scale global blackouts, I expect to see it on a much grander scale than what we are seeing and hearing of here. Just my .02

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
????? what black out?
I did a search on the news.
last black out 9 sep !
can you post news links?
thank you.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fepre

cool , i am quite close , i am in Beiras region , near the river Dao and river Mondego.

and just in case anyone missed the link earlier :
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Space Weather Message Code: SUMSUD
Serial Number: 133
Issue Time: 2011 Sep 26 1252 UTC

SUMMARY: Geomagnetic Sudden Impulse
Observed: 2011 Sep 26 1237 UTC
Deviation: 45 nT
Station: Boulder

Just in case anyone is interested......

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
soho is going nutty, as is the magnetograph, last time it was like this I lost my freeview sat feed entirely for about 6 hours, but nothing spectacular. any updates on this incoming glancing blow? how many hours from now is +7 hours from expected? (please avoid time zone stuff its just confusing, there are two UT's.)

lacking a faraday cage built into my wall, the next few months could be interesting xD

ed: I don't mean the time zone stuff because im stupid, because with about 5 mins and google I could tell you aswell, but laymans don't want to be sorting out clocks to figure...well, you get the picture.
edit on 26/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
hmmm...how about ball of fire that fell from heaven.....
odd co-inkydink....all sorts of weirdness down there in south america....gunna go pop some pocorn

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A family member who is a geoligest has been working with a astrologist, and some other members of a team. They have been around the world in the last year. Anyway to make a long story short he has told us to be stocked up on supplies. I don't know if it has to do with these flares, but his suggestion has me a bit uneasy.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Snakeybasterds because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I saw the charts for the magnetic field and today we took another hard glance off our so called sheiled, you know the one with the big hole in it. So this isn't over yet probably, and don't know what it means or what is going to happen.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snakeybasterds
A family member who is a geoligest has been working with a astrologist, and some other members of a team. They have been around the world in the last year. Anyway to make a long story short he has told us to be stocked up on supplies. I don't know if it has to do with these flares, but his suggestion has me a bit uneasy.

Thanks for the info..... I've been telling people to stock up and they all look at me like I'm insane LOL! It's better to be prepared

Carrington Event comes to mind............

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Nothing showing up in the MSM probably normal random outages

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

there are a few similarities between the Carrington event and this one now , in the previous one it came very quickly and caused a lot of damage as a previous CME had cleared the way so to speak.

i think the large sunspot now is quite capable of producing another big CME within the next 24hrs or so. and if it does it will move quick towards the earth due to the CME over the last 12hrs.

snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yes as I look in my cupboards not to much for supplies. Canned soup is on sale so i think I will grab a wack of it. Better to be safe. If not I will be eating canned soud for the next 3 years.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There has been no unusual geomagnetic activity for days. There has been no storm.

The arrival of the CME occurred about 5 hours ago. It is of low density and unlikely to produce much geomagnetic activity.
edit on 9/26/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, but are we out of the woods yet. I would like to know what day this sunspot is no longer a threat.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
IMPACT: A coronal mass ejection (CME) hit Earth's magnetic field at approximately 12:15 UT on Sept. 26th. The impact caused significant ground currents in Norway. Also, the Goddard Space Weather Lab reports a "strong compression of Earth's magnetosphere. Simulations indicate that solar wind plasma [has penetrated] close to geosynchronous orbit starting at 13:00UT." Geosynchronous satellites could therefore be directly exposed to solar wind plasma and magnetic fields. Stay tuned for updates. Aurora alerts: text, voice.

STRONG SOLAR ACTIVITY: Having already unleashed two X-flares since Sept. 22nd, sunspot AR1302 appears ready for more. The active region has a complex "beta-gamma-delta" magnetic field that harbors energy for strong M- and X-class eruptions. Flares from AR1302 will become increasingly geoeffective as the sunspot turns toward Earth in the days ahead.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I was just going to post what you
posted. Seems like some activity
going on to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Snakeybasterds

The point is that the power outages had nothing to do with solar activity. Everyone seems to forget the intense geomagnetic storm we experienced last month. No massive grid failures. No earthquakes.

Region 1302 will be capable of producing Earth directed CMEs for several days.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sunspot 1302 is talkative, this week will be interesting.

Its fun living by an unstable fireball of unimaginable size.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Snakeybasterds

The point is that the power outages had nothing to do with solar activity. Everyone seems to forget the intense geomagnetic storm we experienced last month. No massive grid failures. No earthquakes.

Region 1302 will be capable of producing Earth directed CMEs for several days.

The only concern I have is why he has told us to be stocked up on supplies. I am trying to see what is going on in the world right now that might be a concern. I have read some of your posts, and understand you are knowledgeable. Do you think it is wize to be stocked up at this time.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
These CME's are a natural occurance. BUT, they can and are being amplified. The close proximity of this comet (whether it exists or not, we'll all find out) could have any effect on our sun and solar system, anyone to doubt any possibility, is plain ignorant. Nasa spouting out all these claims two years ago "Nope, no planet like ours, we're completely alone in this galaxy, sorry folks, keep reading your books. And as of recent release " Hey guys, Nasa here, we may have lied." 150,000 earth like planets, a new class of planets as well, planets that orbit TWO stars. We are tied to this earth and its elements, we learn from this earth and it's elements, carbon is OUR base of life. These scientists and their pre-historic jet purpolsion rockets try desperately to get to passing comets or rocks in hopes of new elements, For this reason. We are a grain of salt in the scheme of our galaxy and planet system.
With that being said, our megnetisphere and ionisphere are weaker and more suseptable to the effects of solar flares. with the magnetic possibility of wiping down grids in certain areas. For days if not decades. Our governments could shut down transformers in advance. But we're all too arrogant, stuck up, and scared of eachother. For doing this, we are defenceless to the wordly tyrants. Guys, just be prepared, theres more than we know.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join