It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Dating Forum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hi All,
Does anybody else support the view that ATS develop a dating/meeting/whatever forum for like minded souls?
A lot of us here are looking for somebody to connect with, but given our usually somewhat different views to mainstream society find this, for a variety of reasons, somewhat hard to achieve. I know from reading various posts that some of us have given up on trying to find a partner/companion/friend/bonk/shoulder to cry on, all for a variety of reasons. I would welcome your feedback on this.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Couldn't you just U2U the person your interested in.

Really don't see ATS adding this but if they do, more power to them...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well, of course, it is a good idea. After long time of chatting, you just may find out that she is actually he and he is a disinfo agent.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWorldSpins

Yes I could, but I think a general forum would be a lot better. Thanks for the reply though

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Petrov62

I could see the pros of it, haha.

I definitely support anyway to find love, something similar to this is how I found my one. Just know if you've never done it before, it's really stressful and can be tiresome at times.

I also have another question... are there enough females on ATS for them to make a forum :X.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

edit on 25-9-2011 by TheWorldSpins because: double post

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I guess the only thing to worry about for them would be any legal issues that come with operating a dating site. Even current ATS users might have to 'sign up' for an extended profile.

If they do, do this I think they would totally be in right to charge for it. It would be a lot of extra work.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWorldSpins

Who knows if there are enough girls to make it work? Maybe yes, maybe no, maybe some will reply and tell me?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Hi Fed, I think you might have misunderstood what I had in mind. Not a dating site as such, simply another forum where like minded single people could exchange views and get to know each other.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
Well, of course, it is a good idea. After long time of chatting, you just may find out that she is actually he and he is a disinfo agent.

Hey yeah you like a stand up and straight down the line person, why not come down to langley, lower level 4 is my office and then we can meet in person, oh in the event your intimidated by the retinal scanners i wouldn't worry since your dna and biometrics have already been processed and cataloged.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Some conspiracy site this is ending up.

Social site now.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Petrov62

I think this is a great idea. Although I am married, it would be great to have another person that I could talk about my beliefs and thoughts other than my wife. I love her with all my heart and soul, but sometimes I'm afraid I will never be able to wake her up.

The only issue I can see is people being dishonest about themselves to others.

The wonders and issues of the internet.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hi ladies, let me introduce myself, I’m Mr. X

You know, in an ever changing world it’s hard to find a relationship that’s lasting, enduring and romantic but still has room for some good old-fashion rumpty-pumpty.

That’s where I step in.

Call me Mr. X, on Mr. X’s Love Line.

I’m sensitive, charming, debonair and go off like a fire cracker in the sack.

My hobbies include long walks by the beach at sunset.

Candlelit dinners with that special lady and driving monster trucks.

No one speaks the international language of love like me.

Lingering French kisses, steamy Latin embraces and even steamier Dutch ovens, I do them all.

So for an evening of romance, intimacy and pig shooting call Mr. X's Love Line .

I’m waiting to take your call.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It would be a horrible idea. If a person reads your posts, follows your threads, and knows your mind, that would be good, right? Wrong. People are shallow, even conspiracy theorists. They don't take in consideration for who the people are when they start to factor in age, looks, and region.

I would hate to meet a conspiracy theorist. They wouldn't be fun, because they'd be the biggest hypocrite ever. No, I'm not fat or unattractive. I am overweight, but I lift and I am cut. I must keep a caloric maintenance to keep building muscle. I'm not a meathead, and I'm not unintelligent. I'm not some street thug, and I'm not some Rhodes Scholar. I'm not a genius, and I'm not a fool. I am me, for who I am, and I doubt some conspiracy theorist would ever take the time to see that. I doubt anyone here, including myself would take the time to see others on this site for who they are rather than who they appear.

Before anyone tells me "Well, that's just you" or "Speak for yourself" know that I'm being the mature by actually telling the truth...the truth that lies within my heart and yours. I know you, and you know me. We all know that we are unforgiving and judgmental wastes of space when we deal with relationships.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

Agree totally my friend, this is the reason I posted the site....even if we are in a relationship, does our partner know or understand this site??? People that are here do. We will all disagree about lots of stuff, but we will not disagree about the ability to disagree.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Originally posted by Farnhold

Hey yeah you like a stand up and straight down the line person, why not come down to langley, lower level 4 is my office and then we can meet in person, oh in the event your intimidated by the retinal scanners i wouldn't worry since your dna and biometrics have already been processed and cataloged.

Cool, invitation accepted.
Oh wait... are you asking me for a date?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I have to disagree my friend, most people that I know are basically nice, normal, honest types that are not shallow or wierd in any way. Having said that however, I still fell that is a great place for like minds to communicate.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I think this is a great idea! I would love to connect with someone who not only doesnt want to talk about; celebrities, royalty or the latest song from whoever.... but who actually doesnt even think about these things!

To be able to share and care with someone who would rather disscuss the finer points of interplanetary relations (or whether aliens even exist) or the evils of big corp. or the lies of big brother or religion vs spirituality etc. instead of last seasons pants versus this seasons skirt would be a joy I could not even begin to describe......
The only men I have oportunity to meet here only know how to disscuss sports, my friends and family are too embeded in pop culture. Its a strain to be someone Im not

So PLEASE ats help me find a soulmate

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

Your thoughts are the same as mine and therefore the reason I started this thread. I WANT to talk on a serious level with people that are on this site. As I said before, we may not agree, but we will disagree with an open mind.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Any ladys from Germany?

Well, I think I agree with the 2nd poster, why not just U2U?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join