It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Dating Forum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Petrov62

Not a bad idea. I certainly have a hard time finding other nut jobs...wait...I mean like-minded women to share my crazy...wait...I mean enlightened state of being with.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am an over fared long haired human being who happens to be a female.... I come to ATS to read about the world and see the different ideas about the world that my major doses of news don't give me.

So yes there are females here on ATS

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ats just is a website for conspiracies.. but i guess if yous live close and share the similar interest why not?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bergiee

Is ATS a site for conspiracies or debunking them?
Now that's the real question

Guess it depends on who you are.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I guess the main question is does it require it's own forum? The only thing we really need to establish is who you are and what your sexual preferences are.

I am a straight male but if I were anything else I wouldn't want to advertize it on ATS. I admire the bravery of those who do but... Well you've seen the kooky ideas about life and love that come out of the woodwork here.

I think that could end up as a new era for cyber harassment and end with a lot of bannings. I'm sure the ATS staff don't want to do that for a number of reasons. This might look good on paper but there is a lot to consider here.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
User one: hey, I like your pics...wanna go to a movie?

User two: I dont think so. I hear the popcorn is Monsanto brand. How about a concert?

User one: I dont think so. I hear they play the music at a certain frequency to fry your brain and hide subliminal messages within the songs. Maybe a walk on the beach?

User one: Sorry, no can do...a million dead fish and some orange crap just washed up there last week and there's also the radiation threat. How about a hike?

User two: What...and be eaten?? Last week I read a post about two Bigfoots who were spotted walking their pet Chupacabra. I don't trust the woods.

User one: How about coffee then? do you like coffee?

User two: Sure do, but if I recall there are 17 street cameras between here and the local coffee shop. I am pretty leery about being photographed.

User one: *sigh* fine. Why dont I just come around your house and screw your brains out. Afterwards we can post these sweet UFO vids I found.

User two: Sounds like a plan. Just knock three times on the basement window and I'll let you in. If some lady yells at you don't get freaked out...its just my mom.

Hey...I think this could work ATS

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Actually when you put it like that it doesn't sound so bad.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

You made my day
Star for you!
Second Line

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
then of course there are the ones that get plenty of action from their own or other websites..so..

what use do they have for ATS unless of course they can make a few bucks..
edit on 25-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Might be a good idea..

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
OK, Guys I just love the feedback! Thanks to all of you..from what I can gather, you love it, you hate it, you are somewhat sarcastic about it ( very well done by some!), you are yet to be convinced, you are not yet to be convinced, you care or you do not.
Seems to me we have the perfect balance for an ideal ATS based forum to link like ( or often somewhat unlike) minds.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Would like to add that though I think it may be a good idea..I really can't see myself participating

Not really looking to date right now..
edit on 26-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Your support is all that is required.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, wouldn't the primary hurdle be the various locations of various ATS members? I mean, it's not like a member in Alabama is going to hop on a plane to Belgium for a date with another ATS member.

That's why I think more specialized (and localized) dating sites fulfill this role far more admirably than ATS could with a forum.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, wouldn't the primary hurdle be the various locations of various ATS members? I mean, it's not like a member in Alabama is going to hop on a plane to Belgium for a date with another ATS member.

That's why I think more specialized (and localized) dating sites fulfill this role far more admirably than ATS could with a forum.

Oh well, for Europeans to hop on a plane and go from one country to another costs only several hundred euros at most...so yeah...i think it's be normal if someone hops on a plane from Italy to fly to England or from Germany to fly to Spain.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Oh well, for Europeans to hop on a plane and go from one country to another costs only several hundred euros at most...so yeah...i think it's be normal if someone hops on a plane from Italy to fly to England or from Germany to fly to Spain.

Trust me if youve ever flown Ryan Air, Easy Jet or Euroflot you wouldnt take the flight so lightly

The only relationship you want when on those planes is a very close bond to your God to protect you until you hopefully,eventually land in the wrong airport, maybe even a different country (definately from your bags)

So have some dress to impress cash ready, you wouldnt be wearing your own clothes until a month later when you have to pay to get your luggage sent to you!.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Great Idea! Starred & Flagged, my friend. There should be a seperate dating FORUM ( not a "dating service" as some members have mistakenly interpreted ). Hey, Mods, ATS, listen to this great idea.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I'm glad several hundred dollars (or euros) isn't expensive for YOU for a date, but to us regular folks, it is...

(for my fellow Americans, 100 euros is about $134 US, at least today).

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Perhaps you could you could spend points to gain access, and make it a select access forum ala RATS, and then the posts wouldn't be available to the general public or other members. This didn't garner a lot of replies, but it's a good idea. It would be cool to have a chance to meet with like-minded singles.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, on the Internet, dating forum tends to quickly equate to hook-up forum, and given our more professional image and our sponsors, I'm thinking it would be dangerous territory to tread into.

I'd recommend making a post (or if you like, I'll move this one) in the Board Business forum, to see what the admins may think about it.... Just fair warning that they will likely have the concerns I just mentioned. I actually like the idea, but I'm not sure how useful/desirable it would be.

A "singles" thread, would probably accomplish the same job...
(maybe in Relationships forum)

edit on 17-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join