It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran shows hatred for U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I saw this on my local TV news the night before last. I have been trying to find the video I saw. I do not have a direct link to the article however, here is a link to the news site. www.wlfl22.com...

Just click on news in the upper left hand corner and go to redtape. Click on Red Tape Archives and click on the link for "Iranian T.V. shows Hatred for U.S. 8/24/04. I will continue to search for a video.

Comparing President Bush to Hitler and the Statue of Liberty to the devil? Just a few of the programs running on Iranian T.V. Now, some U.S. lawmakers say something needs to be done about it. Washington Bureau Chief Jon Leiberman has our report.

It's no wonder many in the Middle East hate us. After all, they're getting a daily dose of images like these.

"Bush's crimes are a direct continuation of Hitler's genocide."

"America is a mad demon. For the moment she slumbers in chains. She is the shadow of the tyrant the anti-Christ. She is not dead."

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
All this fake innocence of the US!

Why oh why would the even dream of hating the US?! When the US goes around the world handing out free dollars to everyone! Yes and free Big Macs for all and free Healthcare (you don't even afford your own population that!) yeah all thous nice things the US does for the world and look at the thanks they get.. aaah!

Really...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'm not saying I disagree with you, however, the video I saw was sickening. I watched the put the face of satan on The Statue of Liberty and I saw the pictures of the American Flag being burned. Believe me, I am NO fan of Bush but I have HUGE Pride for AMERICA. I just thought I would share the information I saw.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
i have a news flash for you people. they hated us long before bush clinton bush or even reagan for that matter.

to think this is because of bush is just looking to find another reason to hate bush. its short sighted and doesnt reflect the actual history of relations between iran and america.

lets get off the bash bush blame bush for everything bad in the world band wagon and take a step back and see the bigger picture.

i'll even bet anyone any amount of money they'll continue to hate us long after bush elaves office. any takers??? history tells me its a sure bet for me. how confident are YOU people?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Exactly...people (Liberals) love to bring up these things like theyre something new....And look who it is...Iran????...Like they are ones to talk...wanna talk about a corrupt regime?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I am with you on that.I am not out to bash the US I just want to bash people who try to pimp the US.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I believe you can find the article here
www.wlfl22.com...

Think I got that right.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WuvLove
It's no wonder many in the Middle East hate us. After all, they're getting a daily dose of images like these.

What about the movies that are made in the US? I'fe there is a terrorist in
the plot, its arabic. If there is a treat made to amerika and Mr. Willis or
Mr. Zwardzenegger got to fight the 'evil men' its mostly arabic persons....

Mmmm.....?.....

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan

What about the movies that are made in the US? I'fe there is a terrorist in
the plot, its arabic. If there is a treat made to amerika and Mr. Willis or
Mr. Zwardzenegger got to fight the 'evil men' its mostly arabic persons....

Mmmm.....?.....

When were those movies made?...In the 80's and 90's....who are the main terrorist groups in the 80's and 90's?...Arabs....its simple logic....take a movie from the 50's and 60's....odds are...the bad guy will be German....Who should we use for terrorists?...The Swiss?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
woah. the die hard movies alone blow your theory that america is anti arab.

the terrorists were who?? german! then american military and then german again! not a single frigging arab terrorist in those three movies.

BTW we were having problem with certain arab countries before any of the movies...or are you going to think they hate us because of some movies?

again, the small picture is being focused on. good work!

[edit on 26-8-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'd hate america too if they overthrew my secular, reformist, immensely popular leader and threw my country into a decade of fascistic rule and another decade of islamic fundamentalist rule. Especially when I could have lived in one of the most enlightened, richest countries in the region. Iranians have been burning US flags for a while now.

But remember, they also showed their solidarity with us after 9/11.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You right BasementAddix, but i think its also working on our subconcius (right spelling?) that the arabic, german, french, etc. people are bad. I most admit that there also movies with a american bad guy, but mostly foreign people with the intention of destroying the States.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The French arent bad?...lol...it might be bad subliminally....but Die Hard is still a great flick...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Direct Link to the News Clip

Hope that worked. It's a real player clip.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Are you American? Quite ironic for you to point out that they are brainwashed by the content on their TV.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I was actually quoting that from a news source. i'm new here and not quite sure how to quote. I didn't say that. However, it sickens me to see them burning the American Flag no matter how many years it's been going on.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's quite right that people have been protesting the US since before 'Dub-ya'.

'Dub-ya' is just the latest dolly acting for the interests of an economic system which couldn't give a flying one that much of the world lives in grinding poverty thanks to international markets skewed to providing 10% of the population of the world with 90% of it's wealth.

Do you really think they - or anyone else - is going to like that, no matter who is in charge? You sure as hell wouldn't, I am certain of that.

Bush gets it especially big stylee because he is the most brazen (not to mention selected) version of it in years and has encouraged a full-on 'F.U.' to the rest of the world.

Whereas many many people the world over liked Clinton's charm but not corporate America's business practises Bush is loathed the world over as a charmless illegitimate buffoon and a shameless front-man for all that is rotten, regressive, petty and particularly mean in the conservative part of modern America.

Just my 2 pennies.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Does nobody hear remember exactly how much the USA has totally screwed with Iran in the past?

Do you forget that your government engineered a coup to get rid of Iran's democratically elected prime minster, Mohammed Mossadegh. What was his crime, you ask? Why was he overthrown in a CIA backed coup?

Why, he had the gall to nationalize the Iranian oil industry (which was owned by a company that would become British Petroleum).

The overthrow of Iran's first democratic government was followed by more than two decades of dictatorship under the Shah, who acutally relied very heavily on US aid and arms. The anti-American backlash that toppled the Shah in 1979 shook the whole region and helped spread Islamic militancy.

After the 1979 revolution in which the Shah was overthrown, President Jimmy Carter allowed the deposed Shah into the U.S. .

You know what, I'll bet every single Iranian was affected by this, and many people in the Middle East.

So know your history before you start slamming countries who have every reason in the world to hate your meddling government.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Can we just stop for a moment here... Iran is just saying the same things about the US that the US is saying about them are they not.

what about bush calling them evildoers or including them in the axis of evil?

if you knew what the Iranian flag looked like and I'm not going to ask you anything as difficult as pointing to it on a map wouldn't you want to burn it or superimpose the face of satan on a picture of the iranian president?

whats the difference please tell me?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Good point, arnold.

Did Iran's head of state make a speech to his people in which he said that the entire country of the United States of America is part of some kind of "Evil" gang that seeks to murder and subjugate freedom?

Did he include the USA in a list of Evil countries, and then proceed to INVADE one of those countries that just happens to be next door to Iran?

Um, seems like they ought to be thinking pre-emption soon, especially after the US had fighter jets flying through Iranian airspace this week....

What do you people think with the shoe on the other foot?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join