It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I do not figure that this thread will get very many posts, because the people it is directed to will not read it, ignorance is bliss.

However, for those of you who do, I would like to point out one flaw about the conspircy theorist mindset.
They seem to think ANYTHING unusual is a goverment led operation.

If a soundtrack in a song played backwards sounds strangely like "Help me" than it is automaticly a goverment operation.

If a plane crashes and nobody can find a reason, it was caused by some Et tractor beam, or it was a goverment plot to kill people on the plane.

If some college kid makes a youtube video about reptillians being in goverment positions, than he must be telling the truth.

What has made me write this thread is the overwhelming amount of people that I see that call people who do not buy into their theory "Dumb" or "Ignorant" or "In disbelief" ect. And what makes you think your theory is right Mr. Reptillian9/11illuminatiearthquakenasa?

God forbid you ask them... They will just skirt around the question or attack you with stuff like

"How can you not beleive this hardcore evidence!!!"
or
"Stupid sheeple, always buying into the OS"

Also to quote from another person:

1 a : destitute of knowledge or education n ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence gnorant errors>

my point is that someone may be ignorant if they are not aware of, what i call, "simple knowledge"...

now, what is this "simple knowledge"...

we can see what "simple knowledge" is by seeing what it is not...

"simple knowledge" is not:

- knowledge that the US government was responsible for the 9-11 attacks...

- knowledge that the A5N1 strain of avian flu is man-made...

- knowledge that extra-terrestrials exist and are visiting our planet...

- knowledge that Jesus Christ and Christianity was invented in order to control people...

- etc...

"simple knowledge" can vary from person to person, though...

Its annoying, granted, we all do have a right to our opinion, but can we please just stop pointing fingers at every little event? Not everything is a conspiracy....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Oh and before you have the chance to say this: Yes i realize this is a conspiracy website, and this is like going to chirstianitytoday.com and complaining that everything is about jesus. But frankly, I dont care!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

i wrote this thread already. lol

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by spw184

i wrote this thread already. lol

Lol I didn't see it...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This thread is a conspiracy to trick us to not have our eyes open for the real conspiracies!

~
Actually, I don't look at the conspiracy threads here often, but that is the main purpose of the site.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

I personaly tend to enjoy the belowtopsecret thread alot to debate politics with people.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

there is obviously something wrong with your mindset if you think every CT has this mindset:

However, for those of you who do, I would like to point out one flaw about the conspircy theorist mindset.

so everyone on here thinks the same?
immediately expects the worst?

not everyone on here is as gullible as you describe them to be.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The majority of ATS's appear to think so. Thats because the majority are a bit wacko in some way!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If you use the term "conspiracy theories" then you haven't done enough research yet.

If you think part of the gov't is definitely lying to you, but believe other parts of gov't... keep researching.

If you clump all people together into 1 group who believe elites gather together and discuss corporate plans, which do include profits being more important than human life, then do more research.

If you think Sodium Fluoride in drinking water is a good idea but believing elites want us dead is nonsense.... then please, drink several glasses per day.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Originally posted by spw184
Not everything is a conspiracy....

No. But where two or more people are usually involved for some end, those things typically are.

Originally posted by spw184
...ANYTHING unusual is a goverment led operation.

This is the main problem I see with your post.

In my view, there are MANY conspiracies, but few are "government led operations."

One is a subset of the other.

So which point are you really trying to make?

edit on 24-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

If you think Sodium Fluoride in drinking water is a good idea but believing elites want us dead is nonsense.... then please, drink several glasses per day.

I will thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yes they're very evangelistic.

They have a mindset and nothing can change it. If you point out some big flaw in their arguement they just pretend you didn't point it out. They use weak at best evidence and they get abusive when you disagree with them though that would be because their foundation is being shaken.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Has any conspiracy actually been solved, or do they keep being conspiracy's forever?
Has any proof, evidence or error's, been investigated to bring another solution to the main conclusion, of a case, that has become a conspiracy, and there by, the credits goes to the conspiracy theorist?

It's an honest question from me, as i can't remember seeing one, and actually don't know if there is any

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Not everything is a conspiracy, but some things are. The problem is differentiating what is real from what is outlandish and a red herring.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Has any conspiracy actually been solved, or do they keep being conspiracy's forever?
Has any proof, evidence or error's, been investigated to bring another solution to the main conclusion, of a case, that has become a conspiracy, and there by, the credits goes to the conspiracy theorist?

It's an honest question from me, as i can't remember seeing one, and actually don't know if there is any

That's just the point. If a conspiracy was solved or addressed as answerd then the people who solved it would just then become part of the conspiracy. It doesn't end.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Watergate was a conspiracy. The Manhattan project was a conspiracy. The CIA has been forced to admit to experiments on people. And of course the official story of 9/11 is a conspiracy theory. Just search on ATS 'conspiracies that turned out to be true' or something to that effect, you'll find a whole list of citations.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

NWOreport

www.buzzflash.com...

www.sixwise.com...

I'll assume you won't really go through these seeing how you still need to ask those kind of questions.
edit on 24-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Watergate was a conspiracy. The Manhattan project was a conspiracy. The CIA has been forced to admit to experiments on people. And of course the official story of 9/11 is a conspiracy theory. Just search on ATS 'conspiracies that turned out to be true' or something to that effect, you'll find a whole list of citations.

Watergate of couse, knew about that one, had a bad memory block

yeah! I will try and make some search, great way to kill time and get some more knowledge.
Thanks for the refreshing

edit on 24-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Like you said in your second post this is a conspiracy site. Its like going to a Mcdonalds and asking why are there so many fat people.

AND because it is a conspiracy site you will find that there will gov't agents on here who post bogus conspiracies all the time to detract from the real conspiracies. ALSO, many of the conspiracies are the same, but maybe with a slight twist due to an OP opinion. Like an apple with its many varities.

I wouldn't get fustrated about it and if you are getting fustrated take a look at the # hole of GLP and you will realize most people here are at least attempting to make a intelligent argument for their conspiracy.

LASTLY, there are many sections on ATS in which there is not so much conspiracy you may want to try the other forums.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join