It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any men out there who have never punched their house in the head?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Alcoholism is a problem in and of it's self

His problem with it was that it caused him to lose his temper which affected the people he loves. I'm sure he had other reasons to stop drinking but his moment of clarity seems to have come out of lost temper.

That should tell you something. This whole time you've been acting as if assaulting inanimate objects affects only yourself. Then when presented with direct evidence(albeit anecdotal) that it in fact has an effect on others you choose to twist that into a point for your team?

You're nuts. Put a few more smilies in your posts they seem to form a more coherent point than you are able to.

There is no difference between me hitting a brick wall and you hitting a punching bag, the end result is the same.

I hit my punching bag and burn off a few calories and my stress. You hit a brick wall and break your hand. Are the results really the same? Which one is actually more constructive?
edit on 25-9-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by grubblesnert

I'm glad to hear that you were strong enough to admit you had a problem, many people in this world are not that strong. a million billion ATS points for you sir. (i wish i could really give them to you). Congrats and good luck keeping the streak going forever.

So you've gone from not seeing anything wrong with hitting inanimate objects to admitting it is a problem? Get out of here troll!

edit on 25-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

I would like for you to show me that i said that i ever hit these objects in front of any one else? because i can tell you that i have not. do i choose to handle my anger and frustration in a manner that you disaprove of maybe i do, but i chose to do it by myself. so your argument is invalid. thank you. and please keep insulting me its so refreshing to see that you cant make a post with out an insult.

Thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Troll...

Such a dirty word on ATS!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Honestly i think that is the first time i have ever been called a troll... i find it laughable myself as i have been civil in all of my post and replies despite being insulted time and time again by a certain poster.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

I would like for you to show me that i said that i ever hit these objects in front of any one else?

I would like you to show me where I said that because I didn't. It would seem that you take offense very easily and believe all comments to be about yourself.

do i choose to handle my anger and frustration in a manner that you disaprove of maybe i do, but i chose to do it by myself.

You are backpedaling into oblivion. Your argument was that hitting a wall and a heavy bag have the same result. Whereas my argument was that it is less constructive due to hand breakage. So no my argument is not invalid but entirely correct and correct from a point which even a child could understand. Punching heavybag = lost calories and stress. Punching wall = lost use of hand, gain in hand pain.

Are you drinking while writing this? Or is English not your first language? Your posts have rapidly devolved almost to the point of being unreadable.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Yep, hes a feisty rascal alright!

Always on the opposite side to whatever a post reads...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
reply to post by crimsongod21

Yep, hes a feisty rascal alright!

Always on the opposite side to whatever a post reads...

Hey mang I'm right here. If you find something wrong with my points you are free to point them out. Sorry if enabling toxic self destructive attitudes ain't my scene. Don't know why you dudes seem to be so into it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Alcoholism is a problem in and of it's self

That should tell you something. This whole time you've been acting as if assaulting inanimate objects affects only yourself. Then when presented with direct evidence(albeit anecdotal) that it in fact has an effect on others you choose to twist that into a point for your team?

I believe that this is where you said that by doing what i do that it is affecting others, how could my actions be affecting others if there is no one around but me?

No i have not been drinking and yes English is my first language, if your having a problem understanding me i must admit i am sorry.

Now as far as losing the use of my hand due to hitting an object, has yet to happen i have bruised my knuckles and even broken a bone or two in my hand but nothing that has kept me from using it in my day to day life.

In the end the result is the same i hit an object i feel better my stress is diminished, you hit your punching bag and your stress is diminished and you feel better or so i assume. therefore the end result is the same.

also i would like to point out once again that you couldn't manage to reply to a post of mine with out making an insult that's getting to be a nasty habit.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Did someone hear that?

I keep hearing a baby crying.

Must have been dumped in a thread somewhere and abandoned.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I believe that this is where you said that by doing what i do that it is affecting others, how could my actions be affecting others if there is no one around but me?

I didn't say yourself to mean you. Get over that massive ego. I was speaking in second person very generally to mean ANYONE who does this sort of thing. I could have said 'the self' but that sounds awkward and I guess I just expect everyone to have a grasp of narrative mode.

Now as far as losing the use of my hand due to hitting an object, has yet to happen i have bruised my knuckles and even broken a bone or two in my hand but nothing that has kept me from using it in my day to day life.

In the end the result is the same i hit an object i feel better my stress is diminished, you hit your punching bag and your stress is diminished and you feel better or so i assume. therefore the end result is the same.

No the result is not the same because while I have reduced my stress and had some exercise. You are left with broken bones and bruises which is slowly but surely making your hand bones more likely to break and also increasing your chances of arthritis later on.

Not to mention the stress that comes with the pain of a broken bone. So while there is no clear downside to my actions yours have both immediate and long term consequences which can only be thought of as negative.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

well i think i'm done trying to help you see that there are other ways to do things to relieve stress other than what you would deem acceptable. It is becoming ever so clear that you are not willing to listen or understand another person point of view. You sir are stuck in a pattern where the only way is your way and that is sad. I hope that some day you will be able to have a conversation with some one who has dissenting views on a subject matter and be able to not try and insult them at every turn. (because it really does show a lack of maturity in my opinion anyways)

Thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

well i think i'm done trying to help you see that there are other ways to do things to relieve stress other than what you would deem acceptable. It is becoming ever so clear that you are not willing to listen or understand another person point of view.

Oh just give it up already. I wasn't even arguing that punching a wall doesn't relieve stress. You argued that it is the same as punching a bag. I said "uh no it is not because even you admit you are hurting yourself doing it."

Why would I want to listen to someone who considers self harm a stress reliever? That is the most bats*&% insane idea I've ever heard. Like most people on this site who come to realize they are wrong about something you blindly throw out the charge that "ur nawt opin mindead enuff."

Get a clue. More like I'm not stupid enough to wreck my hands with crippling arthritis by age thirty. How about you try and wedge that into your oh so open mind.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Exactly, couldn't agree me!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
reply to post by FEDec

You have never asked a girl what was wrong, only to receive the answer "nothing" ?

Who are these women you are dating/married to?

Come on, feel the rage, experience the assault (on inanimate objects), feel the pain!

edit on 24-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: Punching

I'm feeling the rage!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I have a couple of holes in my wall from punching them, it usually happens when im suffering from insomnia.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I agree women are compassionate, but remember, they are also the best FBI agents for life, they can keep secrets for their entire lives and sometimes even trick men as well =D.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I never punch any object that is expensive to fix...beast or not.

I think women have an inner beast too though, I just wish my wife would use my rule (as she, in the past, has thrown expensive things like cell phones, when sufficiently mad).

Luckily, I can count the incidents like this on one hand...so not often, but yes, occasionally I think all of us have to let out a little of our inner animal.

Of course, there are more constructive and fun ways to free the beast too...hehe...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

GIGGIDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letting the beast out in one way or another is a great thing i would hate to bottle it all up inside and then have it blow all at once like an over inflated balloon. that would be bad.....

Thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes......constructive and fun ways to free the beast..........

I understand what you mean and this is the best advice in the thread to becoming a better man.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join