It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any men out there who have never punched their house in the head?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
reply to post by sweetstuff

There were a couple jokes rolling around there, but yes, I did say that.

And she laughed her box off!

Not everything is so black and white.

Different things work for different people.

But thank you for your constructive criticisms and advice.

Fair enough and your welcome.
I'm just giving you a 'female' perspective.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

You realize this board is full of the kind of bitter mouth breathers who refer to women as 'females' right?

This sort of thinking confuses me...

Are you insulted or offended when a lady refers to you as a male?

Its the same as (and there are many) someone having a problem with other people who refer to dark skinned people as black.

Is anyone who is white insulted or offended by a black skinned person calling them white?

Its just an observed fact.

It isn't offensive. I have never said that it was offensive. It is just the kind of cold terminology usually reserved for lab environments. Do you actually know of anyone in real life who uses it when talking about women or males for men for that matter? In a non joking way?

Who is that girl? That is my main female Beth she is going out with my homemale Greg. It sounds at best silly and at worst kinda creepy. Why use it when there are so many other words that don't make it look like you think a party is a physics lecture?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Who ever said anything about social problems that I have? Why are you turning this into an attack against me?

I'm not attacking you you just perceive the truths I am saying as an attack because they are demolishing what you hold to be true. What you hold to be true is patently false. Why you do this? Who knows. But the majority of people I know who talk about other people like you do, do so because their own problems have held them back and not the problems of others.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I've broken my hand before hitting a wall because a girl made me mad in school...and I'm a woman. I was, in younger days, far more hot tempered, as my first ex can tell you. He was a piece of excrement, but being young and in love, I didn't see it until the vows were made. I discovered exactly how dangerous I was when I hit him, and he wound up in the hospital.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have punched multiple items, never a person unless it was in defense.

Two funny stories related.

1) One time, when I had first moved into this apartment, I had bought a new 'student' metal desk for my bedroom. Well, normally I have no troubles putting pieces of equipment/furniture together, that day was different. I forget why, but I had a lot on my mind, and this desk was just a p.i.t.a. to put together. After verbally abusing the air a few times, I came upon one of the last pieces to put together. Don't you know that they drilled the holes incorrectly. They were off, by my estimate, a good 2 inches. I lost it. Took the damn metal desk, and threw it across the room a few times. As soon as I was done throwing it, I was calm as a cucumber and put it together the next day. I did have to borrow a drill from work though

2) One time, when I was new to using contact lenses, I had an especially troubling time putting in the contact for my left eye. After a good 10 minutes, I still couldn't get it, and when I accidentally hurt my eye, by poking too hard, I saw red instantly. I didn't want to strike the mirror in the bathroom for 2 reasons. 1, I didn't want to lacerate my hand, and 2, I didn't want to break the mirror for my female roommate. A man who has lived with a woman knows NEVER deprive a woman of her mirror. Holy hell. Anyway, I lost my temper with the contact, so the only thing I could do, was to rip my work shirt in half. It was a button shirt, so it wasn't necessarily a Hulk moment, but the visual of seeing those buttons literally explode off the shirt was something I will never forget.

When dealing with people however, I have the patience of a saint. As angry as I can become, I can always remain calm enough to not lash out in either verbal, or physical abuse. Physical abuse only leads to more problems, it never solves them.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

Hahah thats classic!!!!!!

Sounds like you were having a biblical moment also. Many verses state the ripping of clothes in disgust.

Divine intervention?

2 Kings 2:12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried out, “My father, my father, the chariot of Israel and its horsemen!” So he saw him no more. And he took hold of his own clothes and tore them into two pieces.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I never get mad enough to punch a wall lol..... maybe a person tho
edit on 9/24/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

One word: Gamma male.

You let her control your emotions. She saw you have a hissy fit over something she said. And she will not forget that. Woman will seek out like radar to find your buttons. I don't care how happily married you are ... she will occasionally perform a "sh!t test" on you.

And you are darn right woman are true to themselves. They're woman! Get it?

Look, I don't know what set you off ... but never let a woman control your emotions.

If you let her do this regularly to you, whether you act out in return physically (punching things) or verbally ... I'm going to bet that she is seeing another man and/or thinking about leaving you.

And you need to stop this crap about:

The beautiful and wonderful creatures we call women...

Don't put woman on a pedestal.

This will help you, if it isn't already to late.
edit on 24-9-2011 by AgentC because: add

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentC

Yes sir!

I am very sorry for my actions and hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me of my evilness.

While I agree with some things you said, I hope I can prove to you how a real man should act in the future and never to sweet talk the ladies again for the purpose of gaining stars and flags.

edit on 24-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by AgentC

Yes sir!

I am very sorry for my actions and hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me of my evilness.

While I agree with some things you said, I hope I can prove to you how a real man should act in the future and never to sweet talk the ladies again for the purpose of gaining stars and flags.

edit on 24-9-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

I hope you didn't grovel to her like that.

You can be whatever you want to be.

No one said anything about not sweet talking the ladies.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Because anger is the only appropriate emotion men have been allowed to show. Whether your giddy, sad, guilty, heartbroken, confused, angry, sad. You are only allowed to show anger.

So it manifests itself in a lot of negative emotions instead of being handled properly.

Fortunately there is a new movement towards emotional intelligence so this fad of boys only allowing to be boys is slowly fading.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Im female and my inner beast comes out too.

I have punched a wall and dented a locker with my fist.

When I get mad, which isn't often it takes a lot to really get me mad but I usually want to punch something. IDK it makes me feel better, sounds nuts to some but it does. My hand doesn't feel so good sometimes but my frustration is released.

I know my ex was like this though. He never got mad but when he did he always hit something, usually the concrete wall on the patio. He would hit it then curse lol and he was fine.

Nice thread

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ive punched heaps of things, done some damage to myself too

Lately though Ive been a lot better and have been able to keep my anger in check

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Great to get a women's perspective, thanks!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I've punched other men in anger but never hit anything that can't hit me back. I haven't punched anybody or thing since I was around 18 years old. I wish I had some advice on self control but not really sure why I do not hit doors or walls like most guys I know. I guess I am just not very quick to get angry. I usually just laugh when stupid things happen and shrug my shoulders. Life is like that. What can you do?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

(Responding to original statement from the OP)

You sir are what is refereed to as a self hating mangina!

Case in point: Women do violent stuff too,(heck lesbian relationships have the highest amount of DV out of all kinds of relationships).

Case in point two: Un-needed as I destroyed your "all women= this" and "all men= that" bigotry.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CN1018
It's not only men who do this. I have assaulted a wall or two in the past. I think women just hide it better.

Indeed. I have seen ex girlfriends become scary violent with rage.

If aint just men.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I regret scaring my wife...

But I do not regret the punch yet.

More disapproval, insults and constructive criticisms are needed please folks!

coming back & reading the thread, i can see why you posted this where you did.

you've got a jackass hypocrite that keeps posting how it's fine & dandy to punch a piece of exercise equipment all you want but thinks it's a completely different subject from punching some other inanimate object...

and a coont that is going out of her way to insult you, for no other reason than her own sad baggage.

mate, i give you credit for hanging in there on this thread. you've been a good thread host, and that counts for a lot. too many people post on ATS and -poof- just disappear. you've not only stuck in there, you've suffered fools pretty well. so good for you.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Because anger is the only appropriate emotion men have been allowed to show. Whether your giddy, sad, guilty, heartbroken, confused, angry, sad. You are only allowed to show anger.

So it manifests itself in a lot of negative emotions instead of being handled properly.

Fortunately there is a new movement towards emotional intelligence so this fad of boys only allowing to be boys is slowly fading.

bless your heart nixie_nox. probably the most intelligent post in the thread. your perception and understanding is epic and i applaud you

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

you've got a jackass hypocrite that keeps posting how it's fine & dandy to punch a piece of exercise equipment all you want but thinks it's a completely different subject from punching some other inanimate object...

So you really don't understand why punching a heavy bag is different both in context and result than punching say a wall? Really? Or was that just a vehicle for your limp wristed insult?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join