It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Aliens From Outer Space?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
i can see it now...a lot of people will mount a defense against the evil aliens,by preaching the gospels to them. their weapon will be the scriptures..."in the name of god! stop your attack! jesus loves you!"...then watch how quickly they get zapped and incinerated by alien laser beams...
edit on 27-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
wherever someone was when the invasion happened is most likely where you would be making your final stand. wether it be at home, at work or driving down the highway. the chaos and "traffic jams" that would soon develop would be impenetrable. unless you were on a motorcycle, bicycle or able to walk or run somewhere close by for a better defense...

eventually, every city and town might have scout ships, drones and piloted, flying overhead and making straffing runs and or landing alien troops...if you were home when the invasion started. most likely that's where you would stay and wait till either human help arrived. or evil aliens eventually reached you...

by another dimension i mean the aliens might be time travelers. or they may exist in another reality beyond our five senses, within another wavelength of the electromagnetic spectrum. their atomic structure may exist at another vibrational rate or frequency than our own. we see and live in a world of photons...light...they may live in a world of gamma rays,or x-rays...if they were able to make themselves invisible, or already were invisible, to our eyes while they were attacking. that would be a very terrifying scenario and horribly frightening. to only be able to hear everything they were doing to us... but see nothing...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Interstellar travelers could simply get anything they needed from uninhabited worlds and asteroids. They'd never NEED to conquer anyone. They have nearly INFINITE resources, and thus, no motivation for conquest.

Basic elemental mineral commodities, I agree 100%. No point of lifting it out of Earth's gravity well when there are zillions of asteroids.

But Earth's diverse biology and climate are quite rare, most likely. It could be quite a prize. Biological resources are where it's at.

Granted, all we have to go on is US as a benchmark, and they may think completely differently, but I really feel that interstellar beings would really have no reason for conquest.

Maybe not exactly conquest, but imagine Cold War scenario--they want us to fight and expend resources for the benefit of their side against their enemies.

If we are less productive then their robots, then we wouldn't be enslaved, but it's possible still that biology is cheaper. We can make robots to do all sorts of tasks, but it's still much cheaper to hire somebody in Vietnam.

If we believe the import of abduction reports, certain women have been used to conceive and breed embryos. That seems to something which could be very difficult to simulate artificially possibly even for ET, and too expensive when there are hosts for the taking. They may be breeding slaves, replacements, soldiers, workers, who knows what, but need a "starter" (like making sourdough!) from Earth.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

i can see it now...a lot of people will mount a defense against the evil aliens,by preaching the gospels to them. their weapon will be the scriptures..."in the name of god! stop your attack! jesus loves you!"...then watch how quickly they get zapped and incinerated by alien laser beams...

"God is on the side with the most artillery." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
they may want to come here,from another galaxy,or from another dimension,to aquire what might be a very rare jewel in this universe...souls...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You have to count acceleration as well. The ship will not get to Neptune in four hours.

I have posted earlier on this thread the principle of 'speed vs maneueverability'. A ship travels in straight line when approaching VOL or faster. It cannot turn.

The ship has to slow down to regain maneueverability.

The 5x speed is good only outside solar system. Ship will be much much slower (probably mach 20-50 range) when near planets.

The ship will most likely (again not a certainty) have cloaking technology. So it may be difficult to observe the ship in visible light spectrum. However ship may still be visible in infra-red, so depends on earth technology.

SHIELD as shown in 'Independence Day' movie is science fiction. The ship is likely to avoid getting hit by maneuver and cloaking, or by firing particle beam at incoming object. (There is no scientific explanation for SHIELD).

So maybe you can incorporate the above in your war scenario.

Alright, even if it took 5 DAYS or WEEKS to reach Neptune (heck, or even Mars), they'd still be able to again, build factories that we couldn't touch, that could keep cranking out war materiel while we are whittled down to nothing. They could defeat us at our own tech level, simply with logistics. Not sure where I'm losing people on this important fact of war.

Meanwhile, it'd take us a YEAR to get to a factory around Mars (supposing of course, we could even get through their defenses on the way there!)

No shields, no particle beams, etc. If the aliens just had missiles, bombs, and machine guns, they'd STILL win the war, because with the solar system as their staging ground, they have an unreachable supply line, and the ability to manufacture war machines that would be uninterrupted by us, while they bomb our factories and infrastructure into rubble.

That isn't even considering the idea of just using an orbital bombardment, or bio weapons on us. If we are only using current tech in the scenario, we lose 100%, it's simple math.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

75 years for a human on earth, is the average life expectancy. but to an alien, 75 years might only be 1/10th of their life span. they might live on average 500 earth years. so if we say that "they should have invaded by now" we are looking at an invasion plan from a human perspective,an earthly time line,not from an alien point of view...

i don't think any alien "force sheild" ,no matter how advanced, would be able to withstand the savage power of a hydrogen bomb...unless...their space machines and weaponry were made of a different atomic structure, atoms alinged differently. in other words...from another dimension...then they very well may be impenetrable. like us throwing firecrackers at a tank...

My guess is that a Foofighter, that is moored or anchored at a spot within the blast radius of a hydrogen bomb, could possibly be destroyed by the nuclear blast.

On the other hand... a free flying magnetic fiery plasma shielded Foofighter, could ride out the nuclear blast, undamaged, like a ship that goes to sea to ride out a hurricane.

Foofighter's

Erno86
edit on 28-9-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
To be completely honest, I have no idea what an alien invasion would be like, or if aliens would even want to engage us at any level of actual war. It would probably be easier for them to create a biological weapon and kill us off with that, and then take whatever they wanted. If I wanted a planet for resources or territory, it would make no sense to go and blow up the world, or risk the chance of humans accidentally destroying the resources trying to defeat me.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by blocula

i actually did a paper for literature on SETi and why people think they are abducted. A lot of it is psychological and fairies and ETs are the same thing. They fly, they live in elusive places, adn they have big eyes.
people report smelling sulfer when they see; bigfoot, the devil, et.

Basically there is a commonality between abductees, they want to feel chosen and special.

I agree that modern day abduction reports and "alien" descriptions are very similar in nature to folklore as it has been previously stated by researchers John Keel & Jacues Vallee,Two UFO researchers I hold in very high regard along side the legendary J. Allen Hynek ,if you have been living under a rock for the last 40 years I highly recommend you click on their respective names to learn a thing or two. ( for those uneducated on these three pioneering,legendary researchers )

surely not every person that has claimed to have been abducted is disillusioned or having visions of grandeur? yes,there are those who may have been hallucinating,those that are simply seeking their 15 minutes of fame in the limelight telling tall tales with hopes of making a buck or two, their still remains an enigma with the majority of unsolved,strange cases reported,I imagine there are probably many that go unreported for fear of being labeled a "nut job".

As much as one can point and say that a majority of anomalous experiences that individuals have had and/or reported are merely some narcissistic personality type I can point out just as many cases if not more where the people involved actually regretted even revealing what they had under gone & experienced.

The ridicule,the loss of credibility & respect...being called insane,losing their employment? No,not every UFO or "Alien" experience can be so easily summed up or explained away in simplistic terms.
the mystery remains and experiences continue to happen.

I respect your opinion but no single paper or investigation for that matter can or will be able to explain the enigma that has plagued millions,at least as far as we know presently,To think otherwise would be foolish.

edit on 28-9-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
everyone is so use to seeing aliens,from a very safe distance.on tv and at the movies.it makes me wonder what our reactions would actually be.if we were confronted face to face with malevolent beings?

humans judge so many things by only looking at the surface of something."the best looking candidate gets more votes" and that is most likely the main reason why todays divorce rate is so high.

so i suppose it would depend on what the aliens looked like.if they were the blonde nordic type,we could probably somewhat mentally handle it.but if they were lets say,squid or spider like aliens.i can guarantee that most people would "flip out and loose their minds" and unfortunately,the result of that would be half of the battle already lost for us...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You do have a point with logistics. If an advanced ET race is hell bent on destroying earth people - then yes our technology is primitive. They could possibly put up factories on Mars, or even our Moon, and we still cannot do much. They do not have to get as far as Pluto.

All I am saying is it is hard to put such intentions into practice. You cannot assume that space travel is easy just because a movie or a game shows so.

An ET army will be very very far from their home planet. So they cannot rely on their advanced technology base while they are here. They cannot haul their factories in their ships. That sounds illogical.

It is more logical that they arrive in a large mothership which carries a number of smaller ships, like a US aircraft carrier. They will have logistics problems similar to what an aircraft carrier has - food, water, spares etc. even if they have enough fuel.

Historically people sneak in when trying to get into hostile territory, rather than start a war. It is much easier for an ET race to plant people into our society, and build their strength. Outright war is kind of pointless.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
lets set up supply depots and stockpile weapons on the dark side of the moon and then from there we can launch assault waves down to earth.there would virtually be no way that the humans could disrupt or destroy the flow of our invasion...

we would have to move large quantities of supplies and weapons underground and take them out as needed.but if there were no pre-invasion storage preparations and the aliens attacked without warning.our cities and their inhabitants would be directly in the line of fire.a run to the hills defense might be our only hope.like the partisans in russia during the massive nazi invasions of ww2...

and as i said on page one and highlighted below...the aliens could have and use_"interstellar aircraft carriers"

i've often wondered if we would be able to survive a real invasion by evil aliens? i'm talking about a full blown invasion. like the allies invading the shores of enemy occupied france during ww2. but with an amarda of alien spacecraft, flying through the void of our milky way galaxy, their mission..."target earth"...then placing into orbit around our planet mother ships, like interstellar aircraft carriers, sending down wave after wave, thousands of assault craft, some robotic drones, some piloted by aliens. just when would we detect their approach? as they passed mars, or the moon? if we even could at all. they might approach earth from the direction of the sun. then our ground based space observations would not be able to detect them coming...
edit on 29-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
robotics expert says earth is "desperately unprepared" for alien attack > io9.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

HUH? shows your lack of understanding... The whole point of creation is that so we BECOME sons of God.
So how does that contradict anything? It doesn't? Reed Sea? Red Sea? Who cares the point is that Moses used a highly technological device to part the body of water .. then a few versus later he does it again and the second time it mentions using the Ark to accomplish the feat...

Don't let the agenda of others that just try and guess and explain away everything to do with God and the bible. What a shame that the world of science is so determined to take faith out of this world. I have news for you.. One day you all are going to get what you want and there won't be one person of faith in the world. Then see how you like it with LOVE completely absent from the human race.

OP They are already here and we are already at war. Wake up.
edit on 9/29/2011 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

An ET army will be very very far from their home planet. So they cannot rely on their advanced technology base while they are here. They cannot haul their factories in their ships. That sounds illogical.

If they had a brain, and knew the challenge, then no, they'd bring materials to construct factories. In fact, they'd likely have plenty of time to build them before we even knew they were there. They'd simply have to stay on a planet's side facing away from us, and we'd never know it.

It is more logical that they arrive in a large mothership which carries a number of smaller ships, like a US aircraft carrier. They will have logistics problems similar to what an aircraft carrier has - food, water, spares etc. even if they have enough fuel.

They'd have Europa, plenty of water on tap there. I'm sure they'd likely have replenish-able food also, again, they could do hydroponics facilities, etc. just like the factories.

When you have the resources of a solar system to draw from, logistics is not a problem for you.

If they have the ability to travel interstellar distances within a lifetime, then quick jaunts around the solar system would be a given. Solar system distances are tiny compared to what it took to actually get here, even from the CLOSEST star.

I just doubt they'd go into a war, if a far and long journey from home, unprepared for basic considerations. We wouldn't, so we'd have to assume they would do likewise. They would KNOWINGLY be aware that we wouldn't be able to reach their supply lines, and would simply spend a little time prior to the invasion, setting up the supply line, and beyond our detection.

Then, when ready, they'd be unstoppable, even using our own tech level...let alone if they have more advanced weaponry.

It'd be like the people trapped on an island trying to fight a war with the resources of an entire world. It simply wouldn't win. We are that island, with the world as the solar system, in this scenario.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
there are over 150,000 documented ufo and flying saucer sightings since 1960 and at least that many more, that have gone un-reported for fear of ridicule. somethings going on and i think that a really advanced civilization would send robotic drones and remote controlled probes to earth at first. just like we send them to venus,mars,ect,ect, and then when all their robotic reconnaissance information about us and our planet was gathered,plotted and planned, then the actual invasion would be unleashed...2012 ? or whenever. like it or not, the reality is that it "could" happen today...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles

HUH? shows your lack of understanding... The whole point of creation is that so we BECOME sons of God.
So how does that contradict anything? It doesn't? Reed Sea? Red Sea? Who cares the point is that Moses used a highly technological device to part the body of water .. then a few versus later he does it again and the second time it mentions using the Ark to accomplish the feat...

Don't let the agenda of others that just try and guess and explain away everything to do with God and the bible. What a shame that the world of science is so determined to take faith out of this world. I have news for you.. One day you all are going to get what you want and there won't be one person of faith in the world. Then see how you like it with LOVE completely absent from the human race.

OP They are already here and we are already at war. Wake up.
edit on 9/29/2011 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

WOW! CRAN...KY! First of all...I never said anything that is contrary to a persons belief in GOD. The concept of what was Histories Reality should have NO EFFECT on a persons faith. If it does...then it shows you how precarious their faith is.

Secondly...the Vatican itself has admitted to the mistranslation of it actually being the REED SEA....and not the RED SEA. The original text that was translated and is now the story one reads in the King James Bible...NEVER SAID...that Moses PARTED ANYTHING least of all the RED SEA. HE CROSSED THE REED SEA...a tidle area just south of the Med where the Red Sea connects. The Egyptians followed him there and their army and chariots were caught and swamped in the rising tide...no one parted any sea water.

These are just some of the real facts of History....not mistranslated FANTASY...done to add more effect to the reader. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

As in an airplane, the ratio of useful load to total weight matters, so in a space ship.
You need energy to travel, even if you could somehow build a very very large ship with agriculture on it.
The darkness of interstellar space does not provide you with solar energy.

Nobody so far has got my basic point - an alien race cannot have infinite resources to build an infinitely powerful spaceship. They will have constriants just like earth people have. The ability to go 5x VOL does not solve every problem.

If you work from a realistic situation, of a ship that can go fast, but still limited by fuel, and weight it can carry, you will get a more relistic war scenario.

Many sightings / contacts have been reported, but of relatively small craft. I call them scout ships. No contact has yet described a very large mother ship. So we should wait for that, before we assume that ETs are all powerful.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth
reply to post by Gazrok

As in an airplane, the ratio of useful load to total weight matters, so in a space ship.
You need energy to travel, even if you could somehow build a very very large ship with agriculture on it.
The darkness of interstellar space does not provide you with solar energy.

Nobody so far has got my basic point - an alien race cannot have infinite resources to build an infinitely powerful spaceship. They will have constriants just like earth people have. The ability to go 5x VOL does not solve every problem.

If you work from a realistic situation, of a ship that can go fast, but still limited by fuel, and weight it can carry, you will get a more relistic war scenario.

Many sightings / contacts have been reported, but of relatively small craft. I call them scout ships. No contact has yet described a very large mother ship. So we should wait for that, before we assume that ETs are all powerful.

Your description of an Alien craft is based on the assumption that they travel great distances by conventional means. This is not so. Even travel from Earth to our nearest stellar neigbor...Proxima...approx. 4 plus lightyears distant....thats over 24 TRILLION MILES....it would take centuries even if the craft could slowly accelerate to close to light speed....then decelerate as to not kill everyone aboard.

E.T. is using a GRAVITIC DRIVE. They are either folding space or are creating a directional singularity to fall towards. In either case...inertia is negated and in the first scenario they are traveling one dimentionally thus instantaniously changing one positional point of position to any other point in the Universe. In the second case...they are traveling at faster than light speeds in a subspace. Either way...it is not like your description.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles

I have news for you.. One day you all are going to get what you want and there won't be one person of faith in the world. Then see how you like it with LOVE completely absent from the human race.

I'm sorry...what exactly determines people of faith equaling love? so you are saying if a time came where their were no Christians/Muslims or religions that love would then be absent? I am sorry,I disagree.
I know many loving people who are agnostic or atheist,I think your point is moot.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join