It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Aliens From Outer Space?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
"the moth factor" > the way we look at and perceive a moth, is the way that aliens look at and perceive us...

No! You guys just repeat what Hollywood tells you.

Are you really capable of independent thinking?

edit on 25-9-2011 by vedatruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

in a mere 60 years! our technology has advanced from horse drawn carriages -1900, to the first nuclear powered aircraft carrier -1961...amazing!...so if a superior alien species were advancing for only 1,000 years beyond us. the technology they would posess would be incredible! and if they were advancing for 10,000 years beyond us. what they would have invented and be able to deploy against us would be unbelievably powerful and fantastic! and if they were advancing for 1,000,000 years beyond us. their technological innovations would be almost beyond our ability to comprehend and imagine! they and their advancement's would appear magical to us and some of that species technology we would call the rain,wind and snow,a star going nova...they would be gods!!!
edit on 25-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
sure look's like i'm independently thinking and writing there ^^^ have you "actually read' any of my 20 or so replies?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Would evil aliens ever come in like this in physcial form/manifestation? I don't think so. But if they did show up they would be presented as the good guys.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

in h.g.wells war of the world's.i think that it was the naturally occuring bacteria of earth,that help's keep humans alive and healthy,that finally defeated the evil alien invasion.it was our microscopic allies that did what our atom bomb's could not do...
edit on 24-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

H.G. Wells assumption in that novel is BEYONG REDICULOUS! An Alien race as advanced as what is described in his novel....WOULD NOT BE SO F#%&@#$ STUPID AS TO NOT STUDY ENVIROMENTAL AND BIOLOGICAL HAZARDS OF AN ALIEN PLANET THEY WERE GOING TO INVADE.....BEFORE THEY F&*%@#$ INVADED!

Thats like being by trade an EXTERMINATOR...then being STUNG TO DEATH because you were too stupid to take precations before removing a large Hornets nest from inside a tool shed. NO ONE....ESPECIALLY AN INVADING ARMY ABOUT TO CONQUER A PLANET....would be so stupid as to not research all possibilities! Especially one that is one to ten thousand years or more in scientific advancement of the other.

DUMB...DUMBER....just freekin' stupid. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have already replied to your post. I have already said that technology stagnates after a certain time.

Your assumption is that technology always advances in an upward graph.

Let me give you the bad news. Civilizations rise and fall.

Technology gets wiped out in times of extreme stress like total war.

So do not assume what you are assuming.

Hollywood feeds you bull# to make money. A lot of what is shown is unscientific.
edit on 25-9-2011 by vedatruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

What I tried to say is: Compared to the technology it takes to travel between stars in reasonable time or fold space, our nuclear weapons look like sticks in comparison

edit on 26-9-2011 by Frostmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Our chances would not lie in matching their weapons. We would have to reach a diplomatic solution.

Since an entirely evil race of ET's are not very likely, we should try to contact the more friendly factions of that race if possible.

An entirely uniform mindset is not good for generating different ideas and technology. Diversity is what enables development. So we should assume that other intelligent species also are diverse. Thus there might be an "invasion force", but behind that, there could be other members of the same species that are discontent with wars and the way the "military" handles the matter.

A rogue droid mining company on the other hand...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frostmore

What I tried to say is: Compared to the technology it takes to travel between stars in reasonable time or fold space, our nuclear weapons look like sticks in comparison

edit on 26-9-2011 by Frostmore because: (no reason given)

A lot of assumption like 'folding space' have been made because earth humans are stuck at e=mc^2.

Earth humans are fascinated by ETs coming here but not able to figure out how they propel their ships.

There are a multiplicity of theories going around, and so far no single theory has stuck.

So yes, earth humans have a 'propulsion problem'.

However the weapons are a different matter. I am sure hundreds of atmospheric A-bomb tests must have attracted ETs to this planet. They must be very concerned.

A-bomb, microwave and laser weapons that man has are quite destructive.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I totally agree, but I also fear the weapons that come from civilizations that are not stuck at E=mc^2.

Our weapons are truly destructive, but our delivery methods when it for comes to nuclear weapons are also limited by rocket propulsion. If they can somehow travel faster than light, how can we even hit them with laser, let alone nuclear weapons? And they would surely not enter our atmosphere just to sit there like sitting ducks.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You mean something like in S1 E20 of Stargate SG-1 - "There But for the Grace of God" ?

I personally think we could survive or perhaps even win, but only if we managed to work together and trust each other. The problem is that many people still don't accept the possibility of ETI visiting our planet, thus if they came and wanted to enslave or invade us, many people would be shocked and unprepared. Although, I do think the situation in this regard has been slowly improving in the last few years and people are now more open to this scenario, seeing how many new discoveries occur every now and then. The problem that I see is that many people trust the system and the government. If an invasion happened and it wouldn't be random out of the blue, but orchestrated with the governments involved, I don't think we would have much chance. Mainly because we would end up unorganized and fighting against each others opinions, instead of trying to rationally evaluate the situation. Should the governments and armed forces be on our side though, I think we could technologically withstand the outside forces, considering alot of our tech seems to be back-engineered ET technology. The problem I see with that is most of these craft are probably small in size to transport only a dozen of people. I doubt we have actual battleships massive in size, like the Prometheus, Odyssey or Apollo. I may be wrong though and perhaps they are parked somewhere in Antarctica or god-knows-where. In the worst case scenario we could be helped by the benevolent peacful ET's that are located on or around Earth, that is if they are really here and are friendly. So to conclude, I don't think there is a straight answer to your question, but I think we could do it, unless the population isn't somehow tricked or the enemy isn't capable of interacting with higher dimensions. Fighting something you can't see might be a problem.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Frostmore

Maybe it is the ETs that you and me are still living.

Remember the cold war? How many times did it come to total destruction.

Maybe ETs are good for earth, causing "failed' tests to keep humanity in check.

The current breed of humans on earth is very destructive. It is very hard to keep them from pressing self-destruct button.

I would not worry about ETs. I would worry about people on earth.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Indeed, I'm just discussing OP's question. We are probably a much larger threat to ourselves than any ET might be.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
from the aliens own perspective's, they would'nt consider themselves "evil". but if they were here to colonize another world, a planet we call earth and we were in the way of their agenda. we would surely think of them as evil...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
are humans evil?...hmmmm, lets see...starvation, genocide, drug addiction, kidnapping, greed, abortion, child abuse, bribery, murder, rape, war, cheating, arson, suicide, lies, theft, homelessness, extortion...sure looks that way...so some aliens are going to be evil as well and we better hope that we are not aligned in their cross hairs. the next planet being prepared for conquest. or maybe we already are, and have been for a very long time...perhaps the battle has been lost and the war is over, before we even realized it began. that would surely be the most sinister strategy of all...
edit on 26-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No
We wouldn't stand a chance.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
As unlikely as it is, we probably wouldn't stand a chance if their intentions were some sort of hostile takeover.

With such advanced technology for space travel, could we even begin to imagine what sort of arsenal they'd have?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
it is believed that some of the aliens have such advanced brain power,that they actually construct and control their ufo's with their minds.they pilot and fly the flying saucers with thought...a telekinetic creation.some abductees report that the ufo's/flying saucer's both inside and out, were totally seamless,entirely molded from one piece of material...a link to a really amazing theory > www.lincalexander.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

First the abduction theories are difficult to prove. There is a lot of propaganda that is churned out by non-offcial government entities to keep people confused and misguided.

You must realise one thing - how government controls you - by controlling your thoughts.

So unless you have directly seen a UFO inside out, it is all 'fed' information.

You can also build something at molecular level, that is how microchips are built. So if ETs build their ships at molecular level, it is perfectly logical. You cannot say thet ET technology is unknown to man.

It is just that it is so hard and expensive to build a viable spaceship.

Please read all my posts on the subject, you are sure to learn.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
for every 1,000 documented abduction's,there's probably 1,000 more that go unreported for fear of ridicule.there's been over 150,000 documented ufo/flying saucer sightings in the past 60 years alone! and that means that there are probably 150,000 more that were not reported!...> www.hyper.net... and an abduction link > ufocasebook.com...

somethings going on! and if all these people are not seeing flying saucers and are not being abducted by aliens from wherever... then the fact they think they are and the fact that their eyes are seeing something from somewhere, is just as weird and strange....what does this all mean?

do we see what we want to see...beings that are "smarter and more powerful" than we are.do we see these things as psychic projections of our collective inner cries for help? "somebody come to earth and save us from ourselves" because we now have the ability to destroy ourselves...

governmental lies and deceptions, would not explain the older sightings and the ones from a long time ago either...

edit on 26-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join