It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Aliens From Outer Space?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I am NOT doubting that ETs exist.
I have already made the case that any real ET will be very concerned with the state of affairs of earth.

All I am saying is that gravity IS NOT the force used for propulsion.

People can speculate all they can. People try to explain every unknown phenomenon within the bounds of their understanding. This does not mean it is correct.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
the aliens interstellar starships would be able to travel through space quite easily.there's no gravity in the void of space right? they would only have to worry about gravity when they got close to a planet,star,moon or a black hole.but they could easily navigate their craft around these things,on their way here...

a lot of these flying saucers that have been seen,seem to be floating upon and to manoeuvre through the earths magnetic field...kind of like a ship on the ocean...

when you turn to magnet's opposite to eachother and try to push them together,they instantly repel eachother apart and that is how the ufo's and flying saucers are flying through our atmosphere...
edit on 30-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
my best guess is that the aliens flying saucers and ufo's use magnetism for propulsion. in a very similar way that sailing ships are propelled across and through water by the wind...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Now you are getting there.

See I can be convinced by reason.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
my best guess is that the aliens flying saucers and ufo's use magnetism for propulsion. in a very similar way that sailing ships are propelled across and through water by the wind...

that would explain a lot of the weird flying motions of these vehicles and their incredible speeds and manoeuvre ability...sometimes like a feather in the wind and then suddenly a bolt of lightning across the sky...

but...where are these ufo's and flying saucers made?...i mean seriously...where? and how?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wouldn't matter how they were propelled, whether it was gravity or magic beans. If they had the mobility of even just the solar system, we'd lose just on pure logistics. Which is comforting in a way, because it seems to indicate that if they have been visiting us, at least conquest doesn't appear to be the goal.

Either that, or they are insanely patient. Although, that too, is a bit illogical, as then they'd be giving us time to negate that huge advantage.

So, either one of two things would appear to be true. Either a) they aren't visiting us, or b) they are visiting us, but aren't intent on conquest.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think we are getting to a conclusion.

a. ETs have been visting earth - TRUE
b. ETs have evil intent - FALSE
c. ETs have advanced technology - TRUE
d. Earth has primitive technology - FALSE
e. can Earth defend itself from evil ETs - maybe

Thanks. I thoroughly enjoyed this discussion. Love to all.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
We could withstand an invasion, but our effort would be comparable to ants biting on a person who stepped on an ant hill.
Hell, if you could travel billions of miles across the heaven then the ship needs to be able to withstand nukes.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
In the case of E.T. craft...they are using a gravitic drive that in essence allows the craft to circumvent such debris of interstellar space by traveling within SUBSPACE or simply jumping point to point by FOLDING SPACE. These methods of travel do not expose the craft to normal space/time or anything in it at all.

SplitInfinity...thats a very intelligent response and an excellent observation...

we perceive the alien craft as traveling from point- a to point- b and claim that their speeds must have been 5 or 10,000mph...

but i don't think they are actually moving through space,the way that we drive a car down the street...

i think that they are jumping in and out of our reality/dimension...

perhaps moving through time?...

take a SR-71 black bird back to the year 1700 and land it somewhere near boston...what would they think it is!?!? well it's the same thing when we see the ufo's and flying saucers...

thats only 300 years ago!...imagine aliens with technology thats 10,000 or 100,000 years beyond ours!

and they might be pilot-less probes and drones, sent down from the cloaked mothership, out to earth on reconnoitering missions, pre invasion observations...
edit on 3-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

A ship can move at least close to speed of light, by conventional means.

Space is almost empty. It is a natural property of matter to clump together, so mass is found in star systems. Inter-stellar space is empty except for transiting particles or debris. There are molecular clouds resulting from novas/supernovas sometimes, but barring that, interstellar space is quite navigable.

A ship can use high electric potential on its surface to deflect charged particles. It can also use a sacrificial outer layer (like carbon shield in missiles) to protect itself in case of collision.

The molecular cloud is a bigger problem, and a ship may have problems navigating a cloud many light years across. It may want to circumvent it.

A ship can draw energy from magnetic fields, like a boat draws energy from wind using a sail. Otherwise it is impossible to travel fast, as no source of power can propel a ship even near speed of light. The energy inherent in space is magnetic energy, the same energy that defines the structure of a galaxy.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
when compared to the entire electromagnetic spectrum...our senses are extremely limited...en.wikipedia.org...

non physical entities/aliens coming here,with evil intentions,would be a terrible reality for us to have to deal with...

invisible to our limited vision entities/aliens coming here,with evil intentions,would be just as horrible..
edit on 3-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Either that, or they are insanely patient. Although, that too, is a bit illogical, as then they'd be giving us time to negate that huge advantage.

as i've said before.the average life span of a human is only around 75 years...

the average life span for a particular invading alien species,could be 500 years...

so to say that "they would have invade us by now" "they sure are patient,too patient" is looking at an invasion plan from a human perspective...not an aliens time frame

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A ship can move at least close to speed of light, by conventional means

vedatruth... out of the 150,000 documented sightings since 1960,a lot of these ufo's and flying saucers are only 20 or 30 feet across...are they scout ships,probes and drones?...with or without pilots?

are these smaller ships flying here,or sent here,on their own?

or are they coming from within interstellar motherships?

where are these things built...in a factory on another planet?

do these crafts construct themselves?

are they telekinetic thought forms?

are they atmospheric entities from earth?

time machines?

worm hole traversing vehicles?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Small ships are scout ships.

Big ships do not enter planet's atmosphere. Small ships are used to ferry men/material from planets.

A big ship is required to traverse inter-stellar space, due to time needed - and thus large amount of fuel / supplies / biological support systems.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I know people are fascinated by telepathy, dimensions, etc.

All I can say is that spaceships are constructed like aeroplanes - with an aerodynamic body, a propulsion system, space for living, control systems, defence amd offence mechanisms etc.

Please refer to my thread "Vedic civilization ...". I shall cover some material on Vimans in coming days.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Worm holes

Even if worm holes exist, which connect two points in space with an elevated energy level, so that a ship can traverse it quickly, it is unclear if a ship will survive a high energy level.

Second problem is how do you identify the start point and end point of a worm hole. How can you get to something that you cannot see.

Third problem is even if you know a worm hole existed, how does it fit into your route.

There are too many variables in 3D space to make a worm hole practical for travel.

---------------

Folding space

This is the most wierd concept. How can a ship fold space (just for itself) that it reduces distance between two points? If distance reduces, it will reduce for all physical objects including light, that travel that space.

edit on 4-10-2011 by vedatruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Travelling faster than light

The most practical solution for a ship is to travel faster than light.

Faster than light is possible because matter is different from light. A charged particle keeps on accelerating in a magnetic field whileas light always has fixed speed. So if a large enough magnetic field exists, a ship (like a charged particle) can keep on accelerating for a long time.

The magnetic field can be used as a brake as well by reversing polarity.

It is a known fact now (validated by science) that a directional magnetic field exists outside solar system.

However space travel is a Physics nightmare. There are too many variables like a ship on sails. The wind speed and wind direction changes. There may be occassional storms. So there is no guarantee the ship will reach the destination, and when.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Magnetic Levitation Trains - proof of propulsion using magnetism

A maglev train counters gravity by magnetic forces. This is a proof that man is capable of building magnets capable of lifting considerable loads.

People travel in maglev trains without physical harm, proving that humans can survive strong magnets.

The problem in spaceship propulsion is actually generating large amount of electricity to keep the ship 'charged' or 'at a high electric potential'.

Ship will lose electric potential to environment, dependig upon the kind of environment it is in. So the ship needs to produce electricty constantly.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
A flying saucer based on electro-magnetism can hover, suddenly accelerate, change direction etc. as electricty is much easier to control compared to jet/rocket engines.

Of course it would mean a complex design / construction of the saucer. Which seems logical to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Ants From The Amazon?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
how does a spaceship acheive thrust in the vacum of space,no matter what propulsion system is used? i can jump up in the air,because i am able to push off the ground.but in the airless void of outerspace,what is a spaceship pushing off of? how is it able to move forward and propel itself forward in a vacum?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join