It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California, US: Mysterious Floor Shaking at Santa Cruz County Jail

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If there's something strange in your neighborhood, Who ya gonna call?

Was this the only structure involved, or were there others? Was it just this one room? There was an interesting video on the internet the other day about a sidewalk in a Japanese city doing pretty much the same thing. The cause was liquefaction, even weeks after the earthquake.
Perhaps the Santa Cruz jail is sitting on top of a natural spring...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

This is simply the floor expanding and contracting due to water getting underneath or damp to dry coditions very quicky.

The sub floor would have cracks to them if it was extreme this happens to floors especialy wooden but can happen on tiled surface if not layed proper or the adhesive mix is wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I see no mystery here. Looks to me like the same effect if you lay laminate flooring without leaving a gap round the edge for expansion.

The tiles don't need to have been moved more than 1cm (half an inch) for that kind of warping to take place.

Could even been some dodgy tile fixative that has expanded.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The janitor must have mopped the floor with some new chemical cleaner that seeped under the tiles and interacted with the bonding cement releasing a gas and causing a pressure build up under the tiles. When the pressure reached critical value all the tiles popped up at once.

I've seen this type of thing happen cooking beans in a kitchen where the gas escaping from the pot seeped into the walls and roof reacting with the cement and causing the wall and roof to crack open just like that floor looks.

No great mystery. Just ask the janitor what "new" chemical cleaner he used recently.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

I see no mystery here. Looks to me like the same effect if you lay laminate flooring without leaving a gap round the edge for expansion.

The tiles don't need to have been moved more than 1cm (half an inch) for that kind of warping to take place.

Could even been some dodgy tile fixative that has expanded.

Exactly look at my above post good spot. freaky how we both thought and posted almost sametime or did you read my post lol.
edit on 23-9-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Wait...if USGS said there were no recorded earthquakes at the time, the only other reasonable explanation could be from an intentional underground explosion - which would obviously be Classified info to reveal by the USGS.

Wasn't a thread around on ATS discussing supposed Nuclear Explosions carried out to destroy underground bases?

Two Underground Cities destroyed by Nuclear explosions?
edit on 23-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Is this comment for real come on ATS im all for conspiracy and UFO'S but underground nuke lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot

Is this comment for real come on ATS im all for conspiracy and UFO'S but underground nuke lol.

Here is the thread I think, but its about a month old:

Two Underground Cities destroyed by Nuclear Explosions?
edit on 23-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
lol, 'change my pants'. Maybe an all of a sudden settling of the building, or increase/decrease of temperature or pressure? Weird.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Benjamin Fulford oh come on this guy is a big time billy bull#er, If this was true why has there been no report of the 60000 deaths and also were is the radiation signature.

Do you believe and if yes why?

I like your avatar
edit on 23-9-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was listening to Santa Cruz Sheriffs on the scanner.. they were freak'n out, but never said much other than they were still trying to figure out wtf when the media called.

I'm close and didn't feel a thing, which isn't necessarily spooky. The San Andreas fault runs right through this area.. it belches here and there. Perhaps this is unique.. I dunno.

I swear tho.. at night, lately.. I hear a low level consistent bass like huuuuuummmm

Police scanner isn't as informative as it used to be, it's "call my cell" when good juicy stuff comes up.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I swear tho.. at night, lately.. I hear a low level consistent bass like huuuuuummmm

Are you in So Cal?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't think the expansion/water/chemical reaction would cause that much damage. Yes, you'd have a few tiles here and there damaged, and there would probably be gradual damage to the grouting between, but you wouldn't see this over night.

The way they've explained this they had time to notice and respond, meaning that this would have happened over minutes or hours, that is not indicating a result of any of those potential factors either.

As no earth movement was registered (remember this is in one of the most monitored areas for EQ activity anywhere in the world) I would suggest that there is something beneath that building that has caused a sinking of the earth beneath, bringing the walls and foundations inward, and therefore pushing the tiled surface upward.
All it would have taken is a void like a mine or water erosion, and if the tiled floor was laid slightly pitched (perhaps to help with water directing toward a drain in the building?) then the result would be this.

So, in my opinion, theres a sinking of the ground, and I'll bet if they check they'll find that the foundations and walls have moved inward in some places, squeezing the floor to create this.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I totally agree it must be the earth moving. Ho

w else could this happen if it is't water or gas. Seems to me gas would smell and water would be visible or they would have soggy areas. If there is no seismic activity in the surrounding areas. I would assume (and i hate using that word) that is a problem with the prison itself and nothing else. After all, these prisons are built pretty strong and the foundation is not set at ground level. Most likely they dug waaay under to reinforce this buildings. This could very well be a flaw in the design of the foundation or the ground itself is giving away after all these years of settling.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld
reply to post by GovtFlu

Are you in So Cal?

Santa Cruz/San Benito countyish..

..fled So Cal to the woods.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'd check the siesmo machines maybe they're malfunctioning, i can't imagine anything but a small quake doing this.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
the sept 26th earthquake
shall let all the criminals roam free from jail

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This looks very similar to what happened in my mothers apartment durning a night a few months ago (location: Crete, Greece). In that night, at some time between 2 and 4 in the morning, the tiles in my mother's bathroom went exactly like those in the OP's pictures. All was still ok when my mom was in the bathroom at 2 o'clock, then when she went to the bathroom again at 4 a.m., she noticed almost in shock that the floor was damaged (bulged, and the tiles had popped out at some areas of the bathroom's floor). Definately no earthquake had caused this, since i sat during those hours quietly in front of my computer in my apartment, which is next to her's, and I haven't noticed any tremor at all. The concrete base of the floor, on which the tiles were placed was all flat and not dameged at all though. Nobody had an explaination for this.

Ko3
edit on 23-9-2011 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

More power to you! It ain't getting any better down here that's for sure.
Any more details on the hum you're hearing? Is it late at night?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The only reasonable explanation for this is that the tiles didn't crack at all, the floor and everything else is perfectly fine. Everyone is simply seeing things - and these images were obviously photoshop'd.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join