It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California, US: Mysterious Floor Shaking at Santa Cruz County Jail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Wow.... that is bizarre! Wonder what could have caused it? No report of earthquake is odd....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It looks like a large creek bed sits along side the jail.

I'm 60 min away and too lazy to investigate this further, but I wonder if it has experienced a water large level change. Google maps shows the water ending right at the jail. Cords are 36.979929, -122.024227 if you want to search that in Google maps.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is really weird. I have got to find out what caused it.
I wonder if google knows??

If it happened all at once and was not a leak of any sort...no quake...then....hmmmm.... AND SMELLS? Does anyone know what it is said to smell like?? Sulfur??? Too WEIRD!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Steve wasn't the slimmest prisoner but DAMMIT he had dug that tunnel for years!!

Otherwise wtf is going on with this planet??

Seriously, other people didn't see this and immediately think "prisoner escape tunnel"? Did they even check for one?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Where did you see that? (sulphur) That would be scary

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I live in Santa Cruz and there are no weird smells, and the nearby river is normal like always. It's an old concrete building it's just settling and buckling. Really everything is fine, its an earthquake prone area buildings here are always settling.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
This is really weird. I have got to find out what caused it.
I wonder if google knows??

If it happened all at once and was not a leak of any sort...no quake...then....hmmmm.... AND SMELLS? Does anyone know what it is said to smell like?? Sulfur??? Too WEIRD!

Remember what signs too look for??
I would be keeping an eye on the animals right now.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wow, that doesn't happen everyday!
They may have to take up the floor
and investigate down below to see
what is going on, I hope they do. This
doesn't look normal to me. Will stay
on top of this.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BunnyBeHoppy

settling and buckling.

I have photographed a lot of old
buildings and yes they do settle
and buckle, have seen a lot of
damage from it - but this happened
so quickly. A sink hole perhaps or
something else

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A drug lords tunnel collapse??? That would be hilarious...drug running tunnel collapses under jail

edit on 22-9-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sounds like some MAJOR DOOM. We can only hope doomtards... We can only hope.
More than likely, it's some mundane and small scale geological occurrence that will barely cause any casualties. Could be the beginning of a sinkhole for instance.
edit on 22-9-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
By far the worst tile job I've ever seen. This is union work?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I just have one word to add to this conversation, but since it has to be two lines:

MICROSEISMS

In seismology, a microseism is defined as a faint earth tremor caused by natural phenomena.[1][2] The term is most commonly used to refer to the dominant background seismic noise signal on Earth, which are mostly composed of Rayleigh waves and caused by water waves in the oceans and lakes.[3][4][5][6] Thus a microseism is a small and long-continuing oscillation of the ground.[7]

source

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

The term is most commonly used to refer to the dominant background seismic noise signal on Earth

Have to ask how this would cause the
shaking and movement of the ground
at the jail. Do the sounds cause quakes
or ground movement?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This happened in a house I lived in when it was about three years old. There was 12" ceramic tile in the kitchen. One evening I noticed it looked like there was a bit of a hump in the kitchen floor, but I thought maybe it was my imagination. I also noticed small hairline cracks in a few tiles and knew I had not dropped anything on them to cause them. Two days later I came home from work and saw the tile buckled down the center of the kitchen from one end to the other. I immediately called the builder. He came the next morning first thing and swore he had never seen anything like it. He had also checked for any leaks or signs of leaks, as I had already done. The only thing he could think was that it was from the house settling and expansion and contraction of the floors (hardwood adjoined the tile). He also said no one at the tile place had ever seen or heard of it either. He did replace the majority if the tile. Four years later it has never occurred again.

But I would be more worried about the fact that this is in California. And although they haven't had any reported quake activity there, it makes me wonder if it isn't related somehow.

It falls under the things that make you go hmm, and the fact that I think there are going to be more stranger and scarier things in store.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

I had not thought of the expansion of wood
and tile, that makes sense but like you said
this is in California.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Could be the formation of a sinkhole? Cali is prone to landslides and goo like soil underneath structures. If no quakes were recorded it would be the only thing I could think of...either that or they found where Hoffa's buried....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Thus a microseism is a small and long-continuing oscillation of the ground.[

I don't know the real answer to your question...I am just thinking that IF this oscillation where strong enough, or of the right frequency, we may see the kind of odd damage being reported here. I could also we WAY off base.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by westcoast

But would there not be any other reports of damage or similar occurrences nearby? One would think so. Also does anyone know if it was built in an area with alot of fill dirt or a pit where they buried debris from clearing that land?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

By far the worst tile job I've ever seen. This is union work?

Yeah, I am wondering if God got so mad at the union for the crappy work, he decided to create a new, undetectable type of localized earthquake- where only the good work still remains after the shake, rattle and roll.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join