It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California, US: Mysterious Floor Shaking at Santa Cruz County Jail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SalientSkivvy
reply to post by Mianeye

Considering how nobody knows what caused it.... it...is .. a mystery....

And how the hell would cleaners do that??? Why would that even be a thought? Seriously? Cleaners?

Seems like the earth is bubbling, expanding, contracting, and shifting, and this is a minor effect...

I said "I see no mystery" using my own logic.

If the tiles are laid up aginst the floor panel or drywall behind, and to much water is splashed on the floor, the wood/drywall will xpand as it sucks water, and create tension, if the tiles are lose from the floor, (could be lose for running heavy equeiment over the tiles), the tension will push them up.

It could be, but i am not saying it is, but i see no mention of any shaking, so it propably got a logic explanation.

I do myself think the planet is very alive, but i do not think there is any connection with this situation.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Most likely as others have sensibly pointed out its a contraction/expansion thing.

My other thought is perhaps the cleaners may have used a new type of chemical cleaner which for example may have reacted badly with the lime in the tile grout forming gases?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Most likely as others have sensibly pointed out its a contraction/expansion thing.

My other thought is perhaps the cleaners may have used a new type of chemical cleaner which for example may have reacted badly with the lime in the tile grout forming gases?
That is also a good bid.

2'nd line

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Shoddy tilling work , did not leave room for expansion around the edge/wall
sl

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
its anotehr elitist base being nuked by the people trying to save our lives.

others include washington and colorado, which have also been destroyed

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
Shoddy tilling work , did not leave room for expansion around the edge/wall
sl

I dunno, the type of pressure you refer to would only affect the tiles around the edges. As all tiles are secured to the subfloor, pressure from the edges would have to dislodge each and every tile to affect the tiles in the middle of the floor that have been dislodged.

Here, the tiles are dislodged in a line, which happens to make a 90 degree turn. I simply don't see how this is possible unless the subflooring also shows evidence of cracking/movement.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Erm isnt there laws about taking pictures inside jails.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am from New Jersey originally. When I was a kid back in the 50's I remember a story in the paper about a garden hose gone wild. It was heading to places unknown by going down into the ground. They had photos of people trying to pull it out of the ground with no results. It all ended with the owner cutting the hose because he wanted the officials that be to stop digging up his lawn. I tried to Google but couldn't find anything. Are there any old people like me here that remember the story.
My latest mysterious story happened last weekend. Sunday night between 7:05 and 7:10 I am home alone sitting in front of the computer when a loud BOOM of thunder shakes the house and the windows. I jump up and look out the window thinking I should turn off the computer during a storm that I didn't know was here. It wasn't here. Not a cloud in the sky.
I live on an electric scooter, so I took off outside to see what happened. Not a single person on the street. After about ten minutes I used the phone to call local PD. Told them what happened and she asked my address and told me she had other calls also. I went over to the next block and the police had already been there. I talk to the people standing outside talking and they told me their story which was the same. Ok I love a mystery. That's as far as it went.
The next afternoon I was doing my daily computer routines and of course that involves ATS. Low and behold the first story I clicked on was the mysterious BOOM's and sounds being heard around the world in the last few years. That was the first time I had heard about them. Something new to watch for.
Two weeks ago I bought a new and first digital camera. A Nikon P500 36x. The first picture I took with it that night was a unbelievable closeup picture of the moon. So the next time you hear from me it might be about my third UFO encounter this time with a photo......."And that's the way it was"

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It is no cleaners incident, this all happened at once ! These are surely the changes of the Earth's crust. A rare and mysterious phenomenon, do do do do do, phenomenon, do do do do, an Earth phenomenon ofcourse !

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Something similar happened at my parents house about a year ago. They live in CA about 45 miles south of Sacramento. One evening they heard a strange noise and found the tile on the kitchen floor looking similar to the OPs pics though not as big of an area. They didn't feel any EQ. It was extremely odd and we never did find out what caused it to happen. They've lived in that house for about 15 years and the tile was put in around the time they moved in. Another odd thing was that none of the tiles were broken, just popped up like a ripple... I think I might have a pic somewhere, if I can find it I'll post it. One of my good friends is a tile setter and he had no idea what would cause that to happen either.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hmmm.... Immediately my mind goes to the strange rumblings and noises that are being reported globally... I agree that the fact that it is in California is disturbing as many of us suspect that the west coast will be one of the first to go ... Have there been any strange noises reported in the California area recently? I shall be investigating...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I found this interesting on Google maps. I went to look up where the jail was located and yes its next to the river. I found out that what ever caused the problem, must be big enough that they closed the jail. It states on Google maps that " This place is permanently closed." So there must be more to it then just some loose floor tiles! Here is the news report link and states address of jail. Now here is the link to the Google map stating address and closing. Does anyone know when this closed?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
yea well around abouts where i come from, that mystery would be called an earthquake.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Last night at about 12:15a I was outside smoking when I heard several loud booms coming from A NW location in relation to Alicia & I5. I thought it was debris falling at first, then realized there were no anomalies in the sky.

Though this is most likely fault lines, there were no earthquakes that I could feel.

It reminded me of this The recent reports of an underground war which wouldn't appear to be the first time it happened.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede
yea well around abouts where i come from, that mystery would be called an earthquake.

But like it was mentioned earlier, no earthquakes were reported what-so-ever. In addition to this being related to Earth changes, I believe that just as Pangea separated many years ago, this is just another sign of this Earth's continents shifting once again.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

only thing capable doing that is a small digger.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What was the temp/humidity of the area at the time? This kind of thing happens everyday over the summer somewhere in the south. Hot, humid summer days causes entire roadways to buckle and break if the engineering didn't provide for enough expansion room due to the heat and humidity. This is an everyday occurrence due to basic physics.
...or it is because the walls between dimensions is getting thinner every day...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If you check the material of the tiles, it is most probably a ceramic that expands, if they are pressed down tightly enough, when this happens, they pop up like this. Factors that make them expand can be temperature, age, natural decay etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I agree with one of the previous posters...Its the GRABOIDS!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Just throw on the list of all of the other weird happenings lately,man that list is getting long

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join