It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California, US: Mysterious Floor Shaking at Santa Cruz County Jail

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That is exactly what I thought when I saw those pics.

Hopefully nothing big will transpire and will be left with small areas of disturbance.

Time to bring the contractor back that did the floor and call in the extended warranty.

Originally posted by raiders247
Same thing happened in the movie 2012, right before all the really big events happened.

It's just a movie, but then again it also has a lot of strange coincidences that relate to what is happening all over the world today.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It looks for all the world that some sections of the tiles have expanded and popped, some have shattered. Despite the Fox headline, nothing in the main text mentions 'shaking' BTW, I'm glad I'm not incarcerated there, you have an 'Earthquake' and they lock everyone up!

I suppose that's one way of reducing the prison population

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
there was a brand of tiles that had a reputation for that happening. It turnedout to be a fault in the firing process that allowed the tile to expand at a lower temperature than normal.Or something along those lines it was 20 year ago, so the memory is a bit streched.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Seems like a finge event. Call Olivia Dunham and Walter Bishop to investigate

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
We're on the cusp of change.

It's coming.

I agree 110% this is just the start!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
platetectonics.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Anyone notice the right angles i think it was forming a reckedtangle..lol would love to see more pics of the wide angle versions!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is scary, I had no idea this was going on and I can say I never felt anything. I live two blocks away from the jail, give or take a Santa Cruz mile (as it were) and everyone here has no idea what is going on (at least people who live here). I'll have to poke at the people in town who work with our city and see what the scuttlebutt is.

As far as the county locking down the convicts after an earthquake, it is necessary for the location. The jail is in a prime area of residential homes and the main escape route through Highway 17 is a few blocks away (again, right where I live).

Maybe I should move...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I live in California.. San Fernando Valley to be exact. I just wanted to tell you guys...the last couple days the weather took a DRAMATIC change. ive also been monitoring usgs... and since the 18-19th, ive noticed all of cali is having a lot more "little" earthquakes than the weeks before. also... there's been lightning in the sky.. we hardly get lightniing. :/.... hmm, and I also wanted to advise you that my mother got a call from LAUSD today, stating all the school will be out next Thursday,Sept 29,2011...and didn't give a reason why.

geez I just hope we get through the weekend safely. everyone. no judgement.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's a DUNE SAND WORM! OMG.... RUN!!!

Seriously though.... something really BIG is coming! It took me almost one year and $$$$.$$ later, but I'm ready for anything. Bring it on!
edit on 23-9-2011 by my3911 because: Edit

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Occam's Razor.

I'd bet it was a result of the ground underneath the building. Ceilings often crack in buildings as they settle over the years. I would guess this is the same phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
OMG no such thing as a tremors worm!! confused i am

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Knowing how this type of work goes out to the lowest bidder, they probably used a cheap adhesive and had the sub-floor heating conductors on full when they laid the tile thinking that it would help it set. Then, with the floor heating system off and the A/C on, the temperature change in the floor stressed them enough over time to make them buckle. (Just a hypothesis, but I feel a sound one.) It's either this or one of their prisoners is tunneling out under the lobby . . .

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If you want my guess maybe its from the Gov't drilling tunnels underneath the ground.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I have witnessed this same event in an all cement building in Palawan Philippines. It happened only on the second floor in the center it was two feet wide and about 12 feet long. the only witness a woman heard noises like pounding and banging went up stairs opened the door to the room and saw the section of floor rise up.

The tiles looked exactly as the picture above except no broken grout or tiles. I scratched the grout of one piece of tile and removed it to look underneath. No water leak, no crack in the cement based flood (a 6 inch thick flour with re-bar) nothing to indicate any type of trauma to the building. I put the tile in place and came back the next day to find all the tile back in place and the only one that was not solidly fixed to the cement again was the one piece I removed.

There was no seismic activity in the area, no construction going on near enough to cause a problem. Only one observation there had been extra ordinary supernatural sightings in the building and on the property during that time. Like ghosts, strange sound both at day and night. this had been going on for a few months.

A Pastor from a local church was called in they prayed over the place and since then nothing.
edit on 24-9-2011 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The first I of it was in Windsor, ON- a few months before SC.

I haven't figured out how to post on this site yet, so I invite you to google it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

At this time it is still unknown what caused the floor to start moving. According to the United States Geological Survey no earthquakes were recorded during this time.

What the hell is this? If they cannot attribute it to any lines moving underneath the building nor to an earthquake what could this possibly be?

Any thoughts?

Pred...

Oh i live close to that station. In fact, i think i might go take a walk and investigate today!

What's really ironic is that I got a speeding ticket that very same day and it instructs me to go to that very station to get the violations corrected.

Might as well...kill two birds with one stone. HAHAHA

Im just glad everyone is unharmed...at least physically.

edit on 27-9-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

Wednesday afternoon the floor at the Santa Cruz County jail started bulging and tiles started to pop off, said Deputy April Skalland.

The front lobby of the jail was evacuated and the prisoners were placed on lockdown as the mystery was investigated. According to Deputy Skalland, neither a gas leak nor a water leak caused the floor tiles to start moving.

At this time it is still unknown what caused the floor to start moving. According to the United States Geological Survey no earthquakes were recorded during this time.

What I find scary, is that as the floor was buckling, they locked all the prisoners up in their little concrete boxes.
How sad. How terribly inhumane.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Archie1879

members of the press in commision of there duties are exempt even in illinois

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join