It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRA onscene in Orlando for Republican Debate!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Imagine if this whole scene didn't exist! What ever would we do? Because in the end...it doesn't really matter anyways does it? This crap doesn't help feed me, or my children, or help make my life better...

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am back at the computer. I made the mistake of spending $25 on some sushi at the hotel across the street, and then come here to find a giant FREE buffet in the media room.

Anyhow, the "Faith and Freedom Coalition" event was great. The clear crowd favorite, by far was Herman Cain. Second place by applause and standing ovation would be florida lieutenant governor Jennifer Carroll. Next candidate in order of applause was Rick Santorum.

Keep in mind, this was a religious based event and crowd. Oddly, Mitt Romney was given all the time in the world to sign autographs and take photos and shake hands, but Herman Cain and Ron Paul were both shuffled out quickly, and Herman Cain complained about it as he left.

Herman Cain's 9-9-9 Plan got a lot of applause, and it seems like a decent plan, although it seems to me like it would be much more revenue to the government than they currently get?

As for my candidate Ron Paul, I am sorry to say that his message was luke warm. As usual, he said a lot of things the crowd agreed with and commented on, but his speech started slow with a long story of Isiah from Scripture. It had a point, but it was long and dry and he lost the crowd before he ever really got started. Later, he gained momentum, but then he tried to exit the stage without meeting any folks in the crowd. When he got turned around and back to the crowd, he was warm and friendly, but he didn't connect the way Romney or others did.

Uploading Pics now.....stay tuned!
edit on 22-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If you get the chance to talk to Rick Perry, ask him about the Bilderberg group and call him a puppet on behalf of ATS members.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Got meh seat(s) all picked out for the debate.

I'll be hanging out with this guy...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here are the candidates I have had a very brief chance to meet and shake hands with. No chance for conversation, just quick interaction.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

I got into there earlier, but apparently my "all access" doesn't mean everywhere, because I quickly go kicked out of there as well!! FOX folks were in there taking stock footage and showing the candidates around. That is where I saw Newt Gingrich, and then had to leave, LOL!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There are some interesting Tea Party folks here!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The crowd, and one of Herman Cain's many standing Ovations in the earlier event

Also, interesting to me and maybe many others. The flag flying on the stage does not have the Gold Fringe that so many people find troubling. I don't know if these things are intentional or not, but with so many speakers talking about smaller government, and going back to the principles of the Founding Fathers, it seems significant that the flag is actually the correct flag. If I'm not mistaken, the flag to the far right is the Israeli flag, and it does have the gold fringe!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Of the candidates you met/saw who do you get the best vibe from? I know everyone gives off a vibe which is separate from their politics. For me it would appear to be Romney but I never met the guy or been in the same room. I think this is an important question because most people do not ever get to be in the same room as the person who wants to be President. So, who do you get the best vibe from?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I was reflecting on that question a lot while I watched each candidate. It was obvious that Romney and Santorum and Cain are experts in connecting with people. They were bold, they seemed focused and sincere. Each one of them had a way of making great eye contact and seeming entirely sincere as they shook my hand and said hello. It is obvious why they are successful in their own businesses and careers. I actually learned a lot about the "power" that some people are able to command. They really do command the room effortlessly, and they also connect 1 on 1 in a GREAT way. I plan to put some of what they do to practice in my own business setting. They just peer into you in a different way.

Politically I'm not a Romney fan, but in that room, he definitely connected the most.

Politically I have been a Ron Paul fan, but the last 2 hours may have changed my opinion somewhat, and I really feel a lot more energy for Herman Cain.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You're doing a better than awesome job GetReady! I would like to know what if any protests/outbursts occur in the room that we don't catch watching live. It would be so cool for you to get a "don't taze me bro" moment!

Keep it up man!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I am not ruling any candidate in the race out because it is too soon but it does seem like the battle is Romney against Perry. When Perry arrives definitely let me know, let all of us know, what kind of vibe you get from him that is critical. Also did you know a new poll in New Hampshire showed Jon Huntsman, Jr. now doubling his share there? It was Romney 41%, Paul 14%, and Huntsman 10%. He has invested his entire campaign on New Hampshire but I still see that as a longshot.

For me it is a battle between Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul but if I had to choose between Perry and Romney it would be Romney by a mile. Huntsman just has such a moderate temperament with such a conservative economic record.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If anybody is watching Fox news, I was just in their background in the Red Shirt, LOL!! I went out to get a pic of the HUGE crowd forming in the lobby awaiting entry to the auditorium, and I walked through their backdrop twice.

I'm uploading a couple of more pics of the Fox set up, and the anchors getting primped for air now.

ETA:

Here is my pic, so if anyone catches me on network later, they can grab a screenshot and send it to me, LOL!!

edit on 22-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
More pics from the Media Suite up here:

The Fox Control Area

The backside of the Fox News set where they were broadcasting live up to about 2 mins ago.

The anchors coming on for the next set:

The Crowd forming downstairs of delegates and VIPs waiting for entry into the auditorium. It is getting very loud down there.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Are you going to the RP meetup tomorrow morning? I was thinking about coming up from Tampa.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I got into there earlier, but apparently my "all access" doesn't mean everywhere, because I quickly go kicked out of there as well!!

They didn't even give you a tour of the facilities? Those meanies.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

I planned to be in the Rosen Centre Ballroom at 11:45 to about 1:30 to see Marco Rubio, Adam Hasner, George Lemieux, and Col. Mike McCallister, and Craig Miller.

Other than that I have no plans tomorrow, and I'd LOVE to go to the RP meet-up. If you decide to make the drive, PM me and I'll give you my contact info.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Funny enough, about 21 secs into your video is the exact spot I got stopped and turned around. Same walkway, same side of stage, and probably just minutes before they filmed that one, because they were setting up to film something when I was in there.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

OK.

I didn't have anyone to go with so I was wondering if others were. Shoot me a PM if you want, I will know more tonight after the debate if I can get up there or not. Should be able to though.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Apparently I missed a great opportunity earlier with Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry signing autographs and meeting people. Sorry folks, I'm new at this, LOL! Anyhow, the reports I'm hearing from other amateurs like myself are that Rick Perry is/was very personable, friendly, patient, and willing to take his time with people. I'm guessing he was probably very similar to Mitt Romney, and there is a good reason why they are the front runners. They seem very "in control" friendly, confident, and such. The others were a bit more rushed and frazzled.

The amateur press like myself are pretty funny. There is a lot of horse-trading going on for access to the debate, and curiousity about what others are writing and how they got their information. Nobody has recognized our little company yet, LOL!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join