It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
Threads that don't feature debunkers dry up. Forums without them die.

You are asking me to believe that the perpetrators pay to keep the debate going. And that you waste your time talking to people who you know are paid to waste your time.

Why not just stop talking to them if you think they are nefarious and dishonest? No one forces you to participate. But I have a sneaking suspicion that you prefer arguing with debunkers than actually doing something concrete.

No not at all, take a look at cluesforum for example, it's free from debunkers and it's still alive. All the 9/11 researchers would be happy to carry on sharing info together with or without debunkers.

It's better for them to have debunkers, to divide people, to get them to disagree, to spread disinfo, to create confusion. It's an old tactic, so keeping it alive is a great damage limitation tactic because they know they made such a mess of the OS that it's just not going to go away now, so they may as well send the damage limitation boys in to muddy the water. Although, they need to pick better calibre candidates that can at least fool the 9/11 researchers. The current lot they employ are doing more damage to the OS.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero
Let's just say that some of the locations people post from, and where some things are based is highly suspicious.
I cannot post certain things for certain reasons. There are other reasons, but I'm just going to leave it as I know, and you are welcome to think what you want.

More innuendo and secret hidden evidence. What is this, a trial at GITMO?

However, It's quite ironic you should say you'll believe it when some evidence is posted, yet you'll believe many aspects of 9/11 with either flimsy evidence, or no evidence!

Such as no proper pentagon pictures for example.If they/you want us to truly believe your OS, then why has so much crucial evidence been hidden?

When in doubt, change the subject!, right? Sorry, the topic of this thread is disinfo agents on ATS, I don't want to derail the thread with pentagon subject material.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

There are hundreds of Pentagon photos out there. Not hard to find.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Obviously people enjoy debating on forums, but the behaviour of the majority of OS'ers is highly suspicious.
See my post above for more details on this.

Is this really true? The problem is that I have seen this exact statement used by people who believe in the craziest stuff, to people who just have a few doubts.

I get accused of being a shill all the time on various forums, and I don't think there's anything I have ever said or done to invite it. I literally split my time yesterday between sunning myself (UK is having amazing weather) and posting. That's why I vanished all of a sudden, I fell asleep like a drunken idiot haha!

My point is, that I don't know if there really is any specific 'suspicious behaviour', because I have been accused of being a shill without doing anything remotely suspicious. I just read a lot of stuff, 911 or not and apparently remembering some of this is enough lol.

No not at all, take a look at cluesforum for example, it's free from debunkers and it's still alive. All the 9/11 researchers would be happy to carry on sharing info together with or without debunkers.

Man cluesforum is not a good example. It really isn't alive in any significant sense, if you disagree with simon you will very quickly be banned as an infiltrator. I've spotted two or three people with this fate already, and considering there are only a few active posters it's not a good record.

Remember, this forum goes so far as to say all satellites, all space missions, everything of that form is faked. They do this because they can't understand how the photos are taken or how they work. It's a sad situation, because the more they convince themselves they're right, the more they see apparent fakery everywhere. It's just crazy to me, and I don't think it's a good source of any real information.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

No not at all, take a look at cluesforum for example, it's free from debunkers and it's still alive.

Barely. I doubt TPTB are worried about it in ay meaningful sense.

All the 9/11 researchers would be happy to carry on sharing info together with or without debunkers.

Then why don't you?
edit on 27-5-2012 by TrickoftheShade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero--->No not at all, take a look at cluesforum for example, it's free from debunkers and it's still alive.

You call that alive?

Since you ban all the sane people the forum is a freakfest.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You are mistaken, my friend, about cluesforum. It does not need debunkers, because it's promoting a very subtle idea, and the debunkers would make it too obvious in a place, where the idea is hatched. TV fakery must be debunked on the rest of 9/11 forums to demonstrate to the common people that the truthers are nutjobs and to the truthers that the no-planers are nutjobs.
Double hit! I think it is very elegant and effective.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
it's like this: your in class at school when someone makes an annoying sound. The teacher doesn't see it, but being a teacher, having a huge sense of false entitlement, they need to make an example to someone so they punish you. They make up something and write it down on their write up slip, give to the principle, who gives it to your parents. Everyone believes that you did it. Everyone knows the teacher is full of human feces, but they are too ignorant to do anything because they have been conditioned to not question authority. These are the "teachers pets", or in this case, the "OSers".

Many of these people are NOT paid to discredit and derail conspiracy theories, they are just so desperate to have someone else in control of their lives and their thoughts that they will defend their bondage to the death, kind of like what Morpheus said in the Matrix. These are the people that see the quote from Woodrow Wilson and say "NO NO NO HE MEANT SOMETHING ELSE" or listen to JFKs speech about secret societies and say it was actually a cryptic message about something else. These people are the poster boys for what Fluoride will do to your brain. It's really quite sad, but when you're ready to join reality there's a seat waiting for you.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by albertabound
Everyone knows the teacher is full of human feces, but they are too ignorant to do anything because they have been conditioned to not question authority. These are the "teachers pets", or in this case, the "OSers".

Many of these people are NOT paid to discredit and derail conspiracy theories, they are just so desperate to have someone else in control of their lives and their thoughts that they will defend their bondage to the death, kind of like what Morpheus said in the Matrix. These are the people that see the quote from Woodrow Wilson and say "NO NO NO HE MEANT SOMETHING ELSE" or listen to JFKs speech about secret societies and say it was actually a cryptic message about something else. These people are the poster boys for what Fluoride will do to your brain. It's really quite sad, but when you're ready to join reality there's a seat waiting for you.

This is a load of crap and you are personally accusing me of authoritative subservience despite not knowing me at all. You have no evidence of any of this, and I have never met a single debunker with any unlimited loyalty to authority.

It's just utter nonsense you're typing to make yourself feel better, because you can't handle the idea that 'debunkers' are just normal, educated people who believe you are wrong.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

It's just utter nonsense you're typing to make yourself feel better, because you can't handle the idea that 'debunkers' are just normal, educated people who believe you are wrong.

Educated by tv, is not educated! When hard evidence is put before 'debunkers' they will still deny it blindly. It's a brotherhood of brainwashed gullibites who watch too much tv.

The intelligent ones are the people doing the real research, the ones you call 'truthers' .

'truthers' have made the effort to find the real truth, OS'ers have not looked beyond the OS, and cannot see there is more to 9/11 than just the OS. TV is a powerful tool, and after being on the 9/11 forums it's astounding how many people think they are intelligent because they watch a plastic box that feeds their brains with constant garbage, designed to shape their thoughts!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidtwist
OS'ers have not looked beyond the OS, and cannot see there is more to 9/11 than just the OS.

No, we have looked at your evidence....and laughed. If we didn't look at it, you would just be a joke without a punchline.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Educated by tv, is not educated! When hard evidence is put before 'debunkers' they will still deny it blindly. It's a brotherhood of brainwashed gullibites who watch too much tv.

The intelligent ones are the people doing the real research, the ones you call 'truthers' .

'truthers' have made the effort to find the real truth, OS'ers have not looked beyond the OS, and cannot see there is more to 9/11 than just the OS. TV is a powerful tool, and after being on the 9/11 forums it's astounding how many people think they are intelligent because they watch a plastic box that feeds their brains with constant garbage, designed to shape their thoughts!

I would bet any money that you watch more TV than me. I would also bet any money that I have more physics knowledge than you.

Your attempt to slander those with a different opinion is laughable, you bring out every possible canard despite the fact that you have shown yourself to be completely ignorant on the matters of the day. You haven't even bothered to read the NIST report, just trusted what sites tell you to believe about it.

To claim you've honestly researched is just depressing, because we both know that you have done nothing of the sort. If you believe yourself to be educated so thoroughly, and 'OSers' to be so ignorant, I challenge you to a formal debate on any topic you choose.

Put up, or shut up.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

'truthers' have made the effort to find the real truth,

What effort have you made to find the real truth? Perhaps you could elucidate? What, except having a look at a few internet sites, have you done to research 9/11?

OS'ers have not looked beyond the OS, and cannot see there is more to 9/11 than just the OS.

In logical terms your framing of the argument betrays your bias. The "OS" is a shorthand created by truthers because they want to critique a traditional view of 9/11. Often it's a useful shorthand, but equally often - and in the sense you use it here - it implies that there is a top-down imposition of what the narrative should be. It starts from the premise that there is a created "story, which in itself implies conspiracy.

Even if this is ultimately proved to be the case, it's not a neutral position from which to start because it presupposes an intent to mislead and then presumably seeks to find ballast for that position. It's not good intellectual practice.

Your summation of the situation is even worse because your comments imply that you have decided that anything that exists outside the "OS" is automatically of merit.

TV is a powerful tool, and after being on the 9/11 forums it's astounding how many people think they are intelligent because they watch a plastic box that feeds their brains with constant garbage, designed to shape their thoughts!

Television id often appalling, but it is produced by millions of people all over the world, with thousands of different viewpoints. If there was merit in 9/11 Truth it would find a mouthpiece on TV. There isn't, so it doesn't.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join