It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thanks indeed. Absolutely hilarious stuff. But also a bit sad.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

I guess that mean's he's paid disinfo himself.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

What's your opinion?

Do you think the truthers believe that the debunkers are paid disinfo agents and are in on the secret (Dick Cheney planted thermite in the WTC while Bush remote controlled the planes, etc., etc.) or do you think they believe that we are just getting paid to promote the officialstory and not in on the big picture?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Hmmm... I never thought about that distinction much before. I suppose they haven't either. I'm sure they think that either is just as bad as the other.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think there are dis'info agents on ATS. and other places.
next you will tell me when there is a election
that they dot use propaganda and subliminal messages.
they use this and a lot more to get the people
to think the way they want you to think.
ALL of US are zombie sheep to some degree.

getting people angry about a post will affect the
way the person reacts to other posts.
starting fake good conspiracies keeps
people away from the real ones.

You have all forgotten the propaganda that was
used by all sides in the second world war.
and that was when the enemy was evil!

you have seen the insane rush women do at sales?
and the crazy kids have for singers and groups.
and the computer games.
people sit in the rain for days to get thesis things.
Zombie sheep! Baarains!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I think there are dis'info agents on ATS. and other places.

To what end?
No matter what I say the conspiracist still have the oppurtunity to post their theories for anyone to read. It doesn't stop their message. Most "disinfo" responses are simply critiques of the theory. Can you itemize any real dis-information? Something that is stated as fact that you can prove is not factual?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Tell me, can you prove that the Earth Is round?
fake photos and fake stories!
you cannot prove anything.
someone will always disprove you.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Tell me, can you prove that the Earth Is round?

Uh, yes.

fake photos and fake stories!

Don't need photos or stories.

you cannot prove anything.

Yes I can.

someone will always disprove you

No. They may simply choose to live within their own delusions but that does not mean that what I am saying has been disproven.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

What's your opinion?

Do you think the truthers believe that the debunkers are paid disinfo agents and are in on the secret (Dick Cheney planted thermite in the WTC while Bush remote controlled the planes, etc., etc.) or do you think they believe that we are just getting paid to promote the officialstory and not in on the big picture?

The gist of an answer to that is there in replies in this thread. It makes no sense though.

basically we are asked to believe that someone could not be "in" on the conspiracy despite being paid by shadowy operatives to propagate a story that, with only the briefest investigation, must know to be false. At that point anyone would be automatically "in" on it, if only to the extent that they would know the person who paid them was suspect. They could then blackmail their contact quite easily and make more money.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

To divide people, to put people off the trail, to confuse people, honestly I could write literally numerous reasons. They are here, not all OS'ers are shills, but most these days are. It's easy to spot the genuine OS'ers and the shills.

This place is infested with them, they are deep into this place, also, all the counter-aruments brings traffic, so the mods will let the shills continue.

They are low life scum.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero

To divide people, to put people off the trail, to confuse people, honestly I could write literally numerous reasons. They are here, not all OS'ers are shills, but most these days are. It's easy to spot the genuine OS'ers and the shills.

This place is infested with them, they are deep into this place, also, all the counter-aruments brings traffic, so the mods will let the shills continue.

They are low life scum.

But the forum only exists because of the debunkers!

Let's assume you're right. If the debunkers stopped coming the forum, like others, would wither and probably die. Certainly the traffic would dwindle to nearly null.

So why would anyone bother paying people to keep the argument alive?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The pay and benefits are awesome. I live in up scale housing and pay for nothing. If I want a $2000 suit, I get it.

But really, do you think people care what is put on the internet. Do you really think that the "insider information" that you have will be believed? Come on. The only delusion here is that you think every little thing you think of is proving that the "truth" is exactly what you claim. Get over yourself and your delusions of grandeur.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

They are low life scum.

edit on 24-5-2012 by usernameconspiracy because: replied to wrong person. Apologies.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

They are low life scum.

And there you have it. If I don't agree with your OPINION then I am a low life, scum sucking disinfo agent. Seriously? Simply believing that this site is "infested" with paid agents, is the height of paranoia, but even more, it is another way for you to inflate your own ego.

Since you said it, you are big on the stupid "no plane theory." I say that is one of the dumbest theories about 9/11 out there. That's free. Nobody is getting paid to point out that two American Airlines passenger planes impacted the WTC. Only your delusions make you think that everyone is against you and getting paid to keep you silent.

Fact: Nobody outside of this site cares about your no planes theory. Nobody is getting paid to check in on your no planes theory threads. Further, only about 1 person in 100,000 or so believes in any sort of 9/11 conspiracy.

Feel free to believe whatever you want, but understand that nobody is getting paid to worry about your beliefs. Those people are on websites that are actually a threat. ATS is not a threat to anything or anybody.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I don't quite understand why it'd be hard to conceive that government agencies would pay for such a service. You should familiarize yourself with corporate shills. According to Wikipedia, a shill is described as "... is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization".

If you truly don't see why these people are an integral part of dirty politics, I'd be delighted to go to a public auction with you, or perhaps Vegas for some gambling

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
I should also add that it seems somewhat egocentric to assume that the government cares what you think, enough to covertly attempt to prevent you preaching it. Especially when all you do about it is talk on the internet.

I was in the US recently and the government seem unable to provide you with even the most basic roads. If they can't do that I rather doubt they have the wherewithal to employ people like me to "debunk". And they seem about a trillion miles from effectively pulling off 9/11.

If they didn't care about what you said and didn't think it would make a difference, the Patriot Act wouldn't be victimizing innocent people.

ETA: Take notice of the war on the internet and social networking all around the world and even in this country. Terrorists, protestors, and others supposedly congregate and "plot" using mainly social media and the internet. We've heard this again and again over the past year. That is why so many were up-in-arms over the NATO summit in Chicago, because, among many things, phone-jamming was being considered, if necessary, in order to prevent "dangerous situations" and "terror attacks", since that's how people supposedly create these schemes. What it is really about is people being able to quickly cover arising situations and quickly disseminate information that is not being controlled or censored.

Look at the new legislation that has been passed lately. Very clearly, there is a war against the internet, because there is a war against free speech. Free speech is dangerous because the truth is contagious and damning. To sway the opinions of some, such as in a place like this seems ridiculous or ineffective, but it is the opposite. And if someone is spreading lies with just as much veracity as a "truther" or some such person, it is just as infectious as the truth, but more destructive, for obvious reasons.
edit on 24-5-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

They are low life scum.

How do you know who's a shill?
Care to name a few?

As others have pointed out. Without debunkers this site would be just another conspiracy site with few members.
Just look at other sites where they don't allow disent. The traffic and membership is very low.And the replies to posts are all nothing more than "here here" as you find in British Parliament.
Boring at best.

So if TPTB wanted to sweep this whole 911 thing under the rug it would be better to NOT pay anyone to post on places like this.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You gotta wonder how a problem this simple gets stretched out for TEN YEARS.

If it was only a physics problem with no political implications whatsoever would it have been resolved long ago?

'Cause if airliners couldn't do it then we have to wonder what did, which would inevitably brings up who did it.

So believing airliners could do it ends the issue. 200 tons versus 400,000 tons in less than two hours.

YEAH RIGHT!

psik

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

So believing airliners could do it ends the issue. 200 tons versus 400,000 tons in less than two hours.

You gotta quit thinking in terms of total mass. There a lot of places where less mass trumps greater mass.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenujenkins

I don't quite understand why it'd be hard to conceive that government agencies would pay for such a service. You should familiarize yourself with corporate shills. According to Wikipedia, a shill is described as "... is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization".

If you truly don't see why these people are an integral part of dirty politics, I'd be delighted to go to a public auction with you, or perhaps Vegas for some gambling

I understand why shills would be required for some things. Just not for 'debunking' 9/11.

There's no evidence that Truthers do anything much outside of forums where there are debunkers, but there's also nothing to suggest that they would engage more fully if the debunkers weren't there. The opposite actually - forums without debunkers just wither and die, and there's still no great "real life" truth movement.

So why would someone pay for a service that actually seems to make 9/11 discussion MORE likely, and to keep it alive? When simply by not paying for the shills it seems to dissolve by itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join