It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?

page: 13
8
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy
 


Not at all, re-read what I wrote, no all OS'ers are shills, it's easy for most to differentiate.

Dont take it so personally.




posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If the government didnt care about the internet then they would not be bringing in all these snooping bills!

The government want control over the internet. Besides, the internet is just one place to have a discussion.

How does one spot a shill, behaviour patterns, responses etc, very easy to spot like I say.

There are differences between real OS'ers and fake shill OS'ers, The shill obviously cannot work out their own tactical flaws!



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Shills aren't good at lying, neither was Bush...




posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by psikeyhackr
 





So believing airliners could do it ends the issue. 200 tons versus 400,000 tons in less than two hours.

You gotta quit thinking in terms of total mass. There a lot of places where less mass trumps greater mass.


It's total mass that had to be held up straight and withstand the wind for 28 years. Just because I mention the mass does not mean I forgot about the other relevant facts.

Like the south tower deflecting A WHOLE FIFTEEN INCHES when the plane impacted.

Why are there so many people whose objective seems to be to confuse people more stupid than themselves?

Why don't they just build a physical model that can completely collapse? They did not respond to my explanation of the square cube law.

psik
edit on 24-5-2012 by psikeyhackr because: add info



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   


As the bottom of the card states, "because their wild ravings contain useful ideas". Plus they can see what's been "put together" so to speak.

Agent X: "Did anyone see our flight over Nevada?"
Agent Y: "I don't know, sir, on ATS right now scanning the UFO vids."

If someone does post this video, it is now Agent Y's job to A) debunk the video, B) Try to stray the conversation elsewhere, C) Agree in such an insane way, that they make the concept look foolish.

This whole post, in itself is a conspiracy. I don't know how much I'd put into it other than another one of my off the top of head thoughts I had when I read the OP.

Would the government spy on ATS? Sure, they waste tax dollars on way more frivolous things than just watching us tin hats, right?



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
"What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?"

They seek to derail and disrupt the movement.

If 9/11 is a lie, the policy is wrong, thus making the GWOT one big swindle -- a looting of the American Public & The World upon all levels.

"The conclusion that the events of 9/11 was an attack of terrorists was written into the law creating the commission before even an investigation could determine whether such a conclusion was correct from the beginning." (See below.)

The Top Ten Reasons to Doubt The Government Story of The Events Before, During, and After The Events of 9/11/2001

1. Physical phenomenon: The collapse or “destruction” of The Twin Towers in a nearly identical manner and at the same high-rate of speed. According to The 9/11 Commission Report, The South Tower collapsed in ten seconds.

“Both towers had 110 stories, were about 1,350 feet high, and were square; each wall measured 208 feet in length.” – The 9/11 Commission Report. If The South Tower is 1,350 feet high and collapsed in ten seconds, as specified above, and all is equivalent, this means 135 feet (45 yards) of building would have to go away per second. The speed for this to occur would be roughly 92 mph.

2. Physical phenomenon: To use phrases from The 9/11 Commission Report, the “massive dust cloud”, “ferocious windstorm”, or “violent roar” the destruction of the towers created implies a great amount of kinetic energy. See The Law of Conservation of Energy: “Energy is never destroyed, only transformed.”

3. Physical phenomenon: The furnace within the ruins and rubble of twisted metal in the craters the destruction of The Twin Towers created that burned for weeks and months after the inital destruction of the towers.

4. On the day of 9/11, people of all walks of life, firefighters, policemen, helicopter pilots and pedestrians report explosions shortly before either plane struck the towers, during the carnage, and shortly before collapse.

5. The collapse of World Trade Center Building 7 at near free-fall speed.

6. A scientific paper reporting explosive or incendiary material referred to as “active thermitic material”, a “pyrotechnic nanocomposite” or “nanothermite” found within the dust from the collapse of The Twin Towers.

7. The behavior of The Bush Administration after the events of 9/11. A commission to investigate the attacks was opposed. President George W. Bush and his vice-president, Richard B. Cheney would not testify separately nor under oath.

After the “persistence and dedication” of the families of 9/11 “helped create the Commission” to quote from The Preface to The 9/11 Commission Report (printed edition) which was authored by Thomas H. Kean, Chair and Lee H. Hamilton, Vice Chair, Public Law 107-306 was passed on November 27, 2002 to create the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States. According to the law, the purpose of the Commission was to: “examine and report upon the facts and causes relating to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, occurring at the World Trade Center in New York, New York, in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, and at the Pentagon in Virginia”. The conclusion that the events of 9/11 was an attack of terrorists was written into the law creating the commission before even an investigation could determine whether such a conclusion was correct from the beginning. According to the Preface as mentioned above, “Our aim has not been to assign individual blame. Our aim has been to provide the fullest possible account of the events surrounding 9/11 and to identify lessons learned.”

8. The pre-9/11 and post-9/11 world existing and propagated by the ship of state as a political, social, moral, and legal reality. Without this radical change in society, a policy of preemptive warfare, which has spanned Administrations, toward the nations of Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, Oman, The United Arab Emirates, and Iran, would not be possible.

Thus the events of 9/11 could be seen as an act of violence in the style of guerrilla warfare (and an application of the military doctrine: shock & awe: “...in Rapid Dominance, the principal mechanism for affecting the adversary’s will is through the imposition of a regime of Shock and Awe sufficient to achieve the aims of policy.”) to create the conditions required for the revolution, meaning it was coup d’état, change by force, a stroke of state in the classic sense to install a small group of people into power and grant them control over the nation’s institutions. The act of violence was the launch of the perpetual warfare state; a crumbling republic has become a new empire.

9. Bush I, Iraq War I. A respite. Bush II, Iraq War II.

10. Smedley Butler, and his treatise: “War is A Racket”. His claims of the existence of “The Business Plot”. From this point of view, the events of 9/11 are explained by The Corporate Logic: Profits Over People upon a scale of international conquest.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Add to this, the information presented in the Bill Moyers documentary, The Secret Government. The below two quotes from it are of great significance:

"The Director [sic. CIA] was interested in the ability to go to an existing, as he put it “off-the-shelf, self-sustaining, stand alone, entity” that could perform certain activities on behalf of The United States.” – Oliver North to a congressmen in The Secret Government [emp. mine]

“The Secret Government is an interlocking network of official functionaries, spies, mercenaries, ex-generals, profiteers and super-patriots who for a variety of motives operate outside the legitimate institutions of government.” – Bill Moyers in The Secret Government

Sources at: secgovwiki.org...



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
there would be no point. there are enough imaginative people on ATS to come up with any theory and enough simple minded sheeple to believe it so they wouldn't make much of a difference at all in my opinion anyway.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by secgovwiki
Add to this, the information presented in the Bill Moyers documentary, The Secret Government. The below two quotes from it are of great significance:

"The Director [sic. CIA] was interested in the ability to go to an existing, as he put it “off-the-shelf, self-sustaining, stand alone, entity” that could perform certain activities on behalf of The United States.” – Oliver North to a congressmen in The Secret Government [emp. mine]

“The Secret Government is an interlocking network of official functionaries, spies, mercenaries, ex-generals, profiteers and super-patriots who for a variety of motives operate outside the legitimate institutions of government.” – Bill Moyers in The Secret Government

Sources at: secgovwiki.org...


The real question is how does one move a large amount of people into a single direction?

Did not 9/11 accomplish this?



posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by secgovwiki
"What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?"

They seek to derail and disrupt the movement.


But without them the "movement" doesn't exist in any meaningful sense!

You seem to be saying that if you removed 'debunkers' from this forum

- Truthers would stop wasting their time here and engage in a genuine campaign
- Truthers would be able to swap ideas more freely here

Actually both are possible even with the debunkers. And in fact the evidence suggests you are wrong. The forum as such only exists because of the debunkers - they keep the discussions going. Without them forums tend to die.

So why would the government pay to continue a discussion that you say they are desperate not to have? It makes no sense.



posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

Originally posted by secgovwiki
"What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?"

They seek to derail and disrupt the movement.


But without them the "movement" doesn't exist in any meaningful sense!

You seem to be saying that if you removed 'debunkers' from this forum

- Truthers would stop wasting their time here and engage in a genuine campaign
- Truthers would be able to swap ideas more freely here

Actually both are possible even with the debunkers. And in fact the evidence suggests you are wrong. The forum as such only exists because of the debunkers - they keep the discussions going. Without them forums tend to die.

So why would the government pay to continue a discussion that you say they are desperate not to have? It makes no sense.


I feel the debunkers, many times, to be a distraction from the main topic, when they pound every statement, belief, and shred of evidence, effectively derailing a topic. I don't need a debunker to keep a thread alive for me, I need genuine interest and participation from others.you are looking at this philosophically, like the "God problem", but the fact is that threads can go a far way and spread truth & information around better when they are not being railroaded purposely by "debunkers". I understand sometimes it is not being done on purpose, but especially in 9/11 threads, this is not always the case. You seem to believe no one would discuss anything without these "debunkers" and I think that is just not the case. Clearly you have not read through all of the replies to your own thread, as there are several good postings indicating otherwise and challenging your original question(s).



posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six
 




Make sure dental is in the medical package. If you've got kids, it'll be the most used.

On topic - Paid agents would be used to try to sway opinion. Simple as that. The government doesn't want anyone digging too deep into their business and wants the OS to be believed , no matter the proof to the contrary.



posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What I don't get is how " the government " is so often portrayed as some immortal unchanging entity for ever out to get you.

Governments change. How many are still in office who were there 9/11/01 ? Why would a democrat president want to pay people to argue that a previous republican president was not responsible for 9/11 ?

Its a bit like pretending in England that Oliver Cromwell is still calling the shots.



posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1
 


The current president and secretary of state were both in the senate when 9/11 took place.
Both voted for the war.
So, I can name atleast 2 that are still in positions of power, more so than they ever were, when the planes hit the towers.



posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1


What I don't get is how " the government " is so often portrayed as some immortal unchanging entity for ever out to get you.

Governments change. How many are still in office who were there 9/11/01 ? Why would a democrat president want to pay people to argue that a previous republican president was not responsible for 9/11 ?

Its a bit like pretending in England that Oliver Cromwell is still calling the shots.


From what I understand, it's not the government as we know it that is plotting things to begin with, it is only a form of it that we are not familiar with, like a secret club, so it doesn't matter who is in office or has what position, they are merely figureheads. Anyway, that's the main theory when it comes down to people saying it's the "government", just a generic term.
edit on 25-5-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111


I feel the debunkers, many times, to be a distraction from the main topic, when they pound every statement, belief, and shred of evidence, effectively derailing a topic. I don't need a debunker to keep a thread alive for me, I need genuine interest and participation from others.you are looking at this philosophically, like the "God problem", but the fact is that threads can go a far way and spread truth & information around better when they are not being railroaded purposely by "debunkers". I understand sometimes it is not being done on purpose, but especially in 9/11 threads, this is not always the case. You seem to believe no one would discuss anything without these "debunkers" and I think that is just not the case. Clearly you have not read through all of the replies to your own thread, as there are several good postings indicating otherwise and challenging your original question(s).


Sorry, I disagree. And I have read the thread in its entirety.

Truthers could easily have a forum like the one you envisage - an open exchange of ideas between each other, a constant reinforcement of their beliefs - by simply not responding to debunkers. But they choose not to. And the evidence is that when forums get rid of debunkers they shrivel.

The only conclusion I can take is that Truthers enjoy debating debunkers more than they enjoy the opportunity for inofrmation exchange that you describe. And that debunkers keep the argument going. Now why would anyone who wanted to close down the argument pay to keep it going?



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There is no point because the ones that are here are utterly useless!

They are supposed to be here for damage limitation, but they are doing more damage to their precious OS than they realise!

If you're trying to uphold the OS, at least employ someone with half a bloody brain!



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero
There is no point because the ones that are here are utterly useless!

They are supposed to be here for damage limitation, but they are doing more damage to their precious OS than they realise!

If you're trying to uphold the OS, at least employ someone with half a bloody brain!


That makes no sense. The conspirators - who were able to pull off an extraordinarily complex and far-reaching plot involving missiles, hijackings, faked military exercises, misdirected planes, hidden security tape and faked investigations involving hundreds of people - are also so stupid that they don't realise after ten years that their paid shills are the only thing that keeps the debate going? And furthermore they only employ bad shills?

And what's more you are happy to spend your time in discussion with people whose sole purpose is apparently to waste it? Doesn't that worry you a bit?



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

That makes no sense. The conspirators - who were able to pull off an extraordinarily complex and far-reaching plot involving missiles, hijackings, faked military exercises, misdirected planes, hidden security tape and faked investigations involving hundreds of people - are also so stupid that they don't realise after ten years that their paid shills are the only thing that keeps the debate going? And furthermore they only employ bad shills?

And what's more you are happy to spend your time in discussion with people whose sole purpose is apparently to waste it? Doesn't that worry you a bit?


The the paid lot don't exist to keep the debate going, they exist to discredit people bringing up flaws in the OS.

I don't particularly want to engage with people that spread disinfo, I'd rather have healthy debates with genuine people that present genuine facts. Unfortunately there is a lot of deliberate disinfo connected with 9/11.



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
wow, if you look at many many threads, you will see.

Some threads are created for the soul purpose of causing debate to get people off of other issues.

Others highjack threads by insulting the opinion of others, this in turn scares people away from posting their own opinion causing the thread to disappear down the list. Which makes it look as if it isn't the thinking of the majority.



new topics




 
8
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

log in

join