It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 451
31
<< 448  449  450    452  453  454 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by idmonster

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by colin42
 


Oh well then here it is again.

www.google.com...=en&q=natural&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=ZWz4T6KBJsrArQHH87WLCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CFcQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=3ddc6ee 7f452a242&biw=1115&bih=541

There is the link, all you have to do is click on it.


Is it just me, or does that link just take you to google? And not even a list of web sites, just the google home page?
Nope. It’s not just you. Tooth looses the ability to supply links when he knows supplying the links shows he is either wrong or just plain lied. He has made 8 failed attempts to supply the link to his quoted source which he should have to begin with.

He also claimed when I pointed out how dishonest that is


Duh, I am supporting my own views.





posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Link to Google definition of natural

Hopefully this link to tooths definition page for "natural" should work.

Why am I posting it?

Well, out of the 25 initial definitions it offers, it relates the term natural to people, and human kind in general 5 times as an adjective and 3 time as a verb. The first web definition is as follows.



in accordance with nature; relating to or concerning nature; "a very natural development"; "our natural environment"; "natural science"; "natural resources"; "natural cliffs"; "natural phenomena"

someone regarded as certain to succeed; "he's a natural for the job"

a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat

(craps) a first roll of 7 or 11 that immediately wins the stake

existing in or in conformity with nature or the observable world; neither supernatural nor magical; "a perfectly natural explanation"

functioning or occurring in a normal way; lacking abnormalities or deficiencies; "it's the natural thing to happen"; "natural immunity"; "a grandparent's natural affection for a grandchild"



I specifically like "existing in or in conformity with nature or the observable world; neither supernatural nor magical; "a perfectly natural explanation" "
edit on 8-7-2012 by idmonster because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Connector
 





We all know the bible is completely true, so why would God name multiple food sources, but not our target food? Is he just trying to mess with our heads? Oh ya...there is no thing such as targetfood. It's a made up phrase....nevermind.
Thats pretty good except you forgot a major part. Where it says that out of all of the things that he has supplied us with, none of them are from or resemble what we have in heavan.

In other words there is no food here that was intended for us.


Can you supply a link to quote those verses please, as I've never read them.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster
 





Is it just me, or does that link just take you to google? And not even a list of web sites, just the google home page?
Anytime I try to post links it doesn't work.

natural



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish
 





I'll admit it, I don't.
I used to believe in Santa, the tooth fairy, and the Easter bunny, so you see It's possible overcome the fantasy's.
Your deep into denial, it's probably going to take intervention and not the one your delusional over

So instead you chose to believe in evolution. A religion that has been engineered to replace creationalism. The only problem is that it took about 12 non working theories to get to where it is, and not a single one of them has ever been proven.

Evolution has no predictable value, yet it is claimed to create new life. It was just an excuse to try to find a way to get that evol old christianity out the window.

However I don't think it worked. It's not predictable and as I have explained there are to many things that prove life is balanced and has some type of intelligence behind it.

The people on this thread are trying to convince me that evolution can perform the following...
Create new species.
Cause adaptations.
Cause speciation.
Cause natural selection.
Cause sexuall selection.
Alter our DNA without us knowing.
Cause mutations.

Oddly enough it can do all this and much more and do it without getting noticed, but not just that, it has the ability to hide its work so that we can't seem to trace it.


Comon man, even if evolution was real, which it isn't, you would have to agree there is some sort of intelligence behind its construction.
Abracadabra!



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Connector
 





We all know the bible is completely true, so why would God name multiple food sources, but not our target food? Is he just trying to mess with our heads? Oh ya...there is no thing such as targetfood. It's a made up phrase....nevermind.
Thats pretty good except you forgot a major part. Where it says that out of all of the things that he has supplied us with, none of them are from or resemble what we have in heavan.

In other words there is no food here that was intended for us.


Well, if you look ad God list's, it's pretty huge.

Everything that lives or moves is food according to God




Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.



Everything that LIVES and MOVES. I gave you every GREEN PLANT. That quote encompasses a very big list of things not from this planet. So...what is from here then? And please remember to supply quotes and links from the bible that state what is from here and what is not, ya know, the food in heaven thingy.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by flyingfish
 





I'll admit it, I don't.
I used to believe in Santa, the tooth fairy, and the Easter bunny, so you see It's possible overcome the fantasy's.
Your deep into denial, it's probably going to take intervention and not the one your delusional over

So instead you chose to believe in evolution. A religion that has been engineered to replace creationalism. The only problem is that it took about 12 non working theories to get to where it is, and not a single one of them has ever been proven.

Evolution has no predictable value, yet it is claimed to create new life. It was just an excuse to try to find a way to get that evol old christianity out the window.

However I don't think it worked. It's not predictable and as I have explained there are to many things that prove life is balanced and has some type of intelligence behind it.

The people on this thread are trying to convince me that evolution can perform the following...
Create new species.
Cause adaptations.
Cause speciation.
Cause natural selection.
Cause sexuall selection.
Alter our DNA without us knowing.
Cause mutations.

Oddly enough it can do all this and much more and do it without getting noticed, but not just that, it has the ability to hide its work so that we can't seem to trace it.


Comon man, even if evolution was real, which it isn't, you would have to agree there is some sort of intelligence behind its construction.
Abracadabra!


Now your claiming to be blind as well as ignorant.
All your post proves, is that you still know nothing about evolution or reality in general, and your still deep in denial about facts.
Don't forget anyone can read your dis-info, and with half a brain can see your full of BS.
Congratulations



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth
 

More things that the evolution bug should be able to do:

Drive a car
Eat shellfish
Cook BBQ Ribs
Fix a carburetor
Drink its own Urine
Color skittles through ESP
Paint Invisible Unicorns Pink
Do jigsaw puzzles

Since these things don't happen, evolution is a BAT CRAZY idea. Target foods are nowhere to be found for humans, so we all came from heaven and ate at the target food cafe. Man my ADHD is kicking in. Its time for ADHD and me to makes changes in our DNA so we can send messages to the aliens to come and drive us away on our cloud of nonsense.

Regards,

itsthetooth



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42
 





Don’t keep trying to tell me what I am saying. Read what I wrote and answer that.

You have ranted with no evidence supplied that smoking causes ADHD in unborn children to support your unfounded opinion that ADHD changes DNA, for which you will not supply the quote from your link you say shows it


Second hand smoke can cause ADHD

Lead in cigarettes

Genetic link found for ADHD

Smoking while pregnant increases chances of ADHD




And now because it suits your argument re the globe, claiming manufacturers never lie about their products you accept and say that smoking is good for you. A great example of how you dishonestly defend your home spun religion which frankly is indefensible.
I never said smoking is good for anyone, but what I said is it can have benefits. Why don't you read what I write instead of putting words in my mouth.




They may be selling them but they are not selling 'sealed balanced eco systems in a globe' just as tobacco companies are still selling cigarettes that are not good for you.
I have seen a lot of tobacco advertisments and have yet to see one that points out that smoking is bad for you.




(Algae not algee) Borderline genius, are you sure? So it is a balanced eco system if it allows a shrimp to poison itself in its own excrement and to starve to death in 18 months when it could normally be expected to live 20 years. But if you starve it to death over a shorter period it would not be in balance?
That depends, if it was going to live a shorter life with nothing else in the tank, then technically you just extended its life.




Nope. From your actions on this thread and indeed your statement above. You even refuse to explain why you implied you provided the shrimp in a sealed globe to prove to me balance was not possible.
That depends on the degree of technicallity, and I'm not the one that set that standard.




I don’t have too. Carl Sagan wrote. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' You are making the extraordinary claims yet you have no evidence at all.
No actually you have it backwards as your making the extrodinary claim we are from here since there is no proof of it at all. OH WAIT we are suppose to be related to apes, but there is no proof of that either. What are you going to do.




If you think that qualifies as 'the extraordinary evidence' I say again. Borderline genius indeed.
Actually I was thinking more along the lines that you think those two elements are extraordinary.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector
 


Wow its been so long that I have forgotten. It might be in hebrews section.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector
 





Everything that LIVES and MOVES. I gave you every GREEN PLANT. That quote encompasses a very big list of things not from this planet. So...what is from here then? And please remember to supply quotes and links from the bible that state what is from here and what is not, ya know, the food in heaven thingy.
It's to hard to say for sure.

If he eradicated life on this planet which the bible claims he did, then its a unknown factor. Some life could have remained, or possibly just the plant life. It's hard to say for sure.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Connector
 


Wow its been so long that I have forgotten. It might be in hebrews section.


This is not a discussion, it's a debate. If you make a claim, support it with veritable proof i.e. links, quotes, field of research. To make a claim and then respond " wow its been so long I have forgotten" is not acceptable and makes you and your claims look ridiculous.

So in other words ( thought you'd like that) you have NO PROOF other then your option.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Connector
 





Everything that LIVES and MOVES. I gave you every GREEN PLANT. That quote encompasses a very big list of things not from this planet. So...what is from here then? And please remember to supply quotes and links from the bible that state what is from here and what is not, ya know, the food in heaven thingy.
It's to hard to say for sure.

If he eradicated life on this planet which the bible claims he did, then its a unknown factor. Some life could have remained, or possibly just the plant life. It's hard to say for sure.



So in other words, you have NO PROOF or supporting evidence, just an opinion.

Please provide your list of things from here and not. The bible verses I quoted will help you along the way. Remember....every living thing, every moving thing, every green plant. What is our target food according to the Holy Scriptures? The same book that exclaims a man lived in a whale. Believe one, must believe the other.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by Connector
reply to post by Lazarus Short
 




Evolution has already been proved wrong by creationists time and time again.


Links please.



Did you not read my whole post? I'm not stepping into that trap. I will not argue the evidence with you. I'm here to hold a mirror up to certain attitudes. Have fun at someone else's expense.



Then why post in this thread at all and use the phrase throw down the guanlet which means to challenge to debate or fight? Ahhhh, I see, you're just here to "hold a mirror up to certain attitudes". In other words, not debate or share information, just being smug in your beliefs and belittle others that don't share your view. How christian of you......


You may have misunderstood my intent. I am not here to debate as the rest of you are, as I see it as a trap, and I hope my post made that clear. You quote my "hold a mirror up to certain attitudes," and then call me smug and a belittler, not realizing it reflects on yourself. I am here to share and learn and point out that the playing field is NOT level, but should be.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short
 


If you make a claim like that it should be backed up. How is asking you for evidence a trap? It's only a trap if the evidence you present is faulty, and in that case you trap yourself, as countless other creationists have already done in this section.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
reply to post by Lazarus Short
 


If you make a claim like that it should be backed up. How is asking you for evidence a trap? It's only a trap if the evidence you present is faulty, and in that case you trap yourself, as countless other creationists have already done in this section.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)


It's just such wording which convinces me that it is a trap, especially your last sentence. Tell me, does your mindset even allow for the admission that a creationist can possibly have a good argument? I suspect not. I will not debate you, as I have seen one sideshow too many.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by Connector

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by Connector
reply to post by Lazarus Short
 




Evolution has already been proved wrong by creationists time and time again.


Links please.



Did you not read my whole post? I'm not stepping into that trap. I will not argue the evidence with you. I'm here to hold a mirror up to certain attitudes. Have fun at someone else's expense.



Then why post in this thread at all and use the phrase throw down the guanlet which means to challenge to debate or fight? Ahhhh, I see, you're just here to "hold a mirror up to certain attitudes". In other words, not debate or share information, just being smug in your beliefs and belittle others that don't share your view. How christian of you......


You may have misunderstood my intent. I am not here to debate as the rest of you are, as I see it as a trap, and I hope my post made that clear. You quote my "hold a mirror up to certain attitudes," and then call me smug and a belittler, not realizing it reflects on yourself. I am here to share and learn and point out that the playing field is NOT level, but should be.


If you are not here to debate, well then, donèt post. Care to address any points made in this threadÉ



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by Barcs
reply to post by Lazarus Short
 


If you make a claim like that it should be backed up. How is asking you for evidence a trap? It's only a trap if the evidence you present is faulty, and in that case you trap yourself, as countless other creationists have already done in this section.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)


It's just such wording which convinces me that it is a trap, especially your last sentence. Tell me, does your mindset even allow for the admission that a creationist can possibly have a good argument? I suspect not. I will not debate you, as I have seen one sideshow too many.

How is it a mindset? This thread is all about answering the question of providing a alternative to diversity without evolution.
If a creationist can possibly have a good argument then this is the place. I have yet to see any objective evidence presented by a creationist... is this you?
It would seem if your so positive about your belief that creationist have debunked evolution, you would not need to enter into a debate. Just give something objective that will prove your point. Even if it's panned you can just simply runaway.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I wish there was an IQ and base intelligence test in order for people to be allowed to vote



new topics

top topics



 
31
<< 448  449  450    452  453  454 >>

log in

join