It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 285
<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by HappyBunny

I am still PISSED OFF ABOUT THE CAT EXPERIMENT! LOL! Even if he was using an example. I am not one for his physics of the Cat being in a NON-STATE. I believe he wentdown the wrong road on that concept. As far as observation changing the observed....this seems to lend itself as part of a Multiversal System.

Split Infinity

The poor cat. I wonder how many people actually tried it just to see what would happen.

The question about the observation changing the superposition really has to do with who is the observer? Is it the person opening the box, or is it the device that measures the rate of decay?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF
Reply to post by BohemianBrim

The third option is that we were created by aliens, as self programmable biological machines that have the ability to evolve in response to our everchanging environment.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The fourth option is that life just IS. It's been around for as long as the universe has and there is no Creator in any way, shape, or form.

Which is why many creationists pose a false dichotomy. They assume that if they can disprove evolution, then creationism must be true.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
Can I prove evolution wrong?

Well, when I look at people like Rush Limbaugh and Scott Walker it's tough to say that they are improvements on the orangutan.

I'd rather be descended from the orangutan than be related to those guys.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Creationism/ID is all about ignoring facts and sticking to made up stuff which is never questioned. How can people live with such absurd ideology?

BTW, it's not called The Law of Evolution, because in science a law means "it's a fact that it happens, but we don't know how", whereas a theory means "it's a fact that it happens, and here is how". Compare e.g. gravity and evolution, both are forces of nature, but we only have a falsifiable explanation to evolution. If only people understood the difference between an idea, a law, a hypothesis, and a theory.
edit on 12-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Ah the anteater. Are you going to finally explain the ant and its many traits it shares with humans that shows either ants are not from here or humans are from here. Which makes the anteaters target food (whatever that means) as full of it as the rest of your nonsense.

The rest of your braindeath in a paragraph has been answered yet again and in many pages previously.
Our methods of adaptation don't coincide with anything from the anteater. Your confusing our adaptation with the ants natural instinct.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Yep and it could have been a definition of a ship, but then again there is also the story of moby dick.

How learned you are. Another wild guess and then a huge dose of ignorance. Moby Dick is about a man hunting a whale not living inside a whale called Moby you dick.
No I stayed away from children s books but it would appear you didn't, which is also why you probably don't give much credit to the bible.

Is there any subject you do not have a total ignorance of? You really need to get an education
Any moron knows this planet has been flooded, what did you not learn.

Your the one making the claims for it being factual. Its up to you to present the proof. Being a science master you should know that.
Maybe you should go first I mean after all you seem to be more sure about it than I am.

Do you even realise how stupid that sentence is?
It's a fact that we don't fit in here.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Done...and all you do is repeat the gospel of that snake oil salesman Pye
Actually Pye is the least of my mentions, it would seem you don't pay attention.

You're confusing evidence for LOCAL floods with evidence for a global flood
I have lived in three different states that all have evidence of flooding, and your going to tell me its a local issue.

As I said, there is no evidence of a global flood that happened at one point in time. Even when the planet formed, it was never fully covered in water.
Oh and I guess you never heard of Noahs ark, and it raining for 40 days and 40 nights, or is it that you simply choose to ignore the obvious facts around us because it was actually written in the bible.

Plenty of evidence against the bible's accuracy...you just keep ignoring it
I already looked at this, and like I said last time it doesn't mean that everything in the bible is wrong.

That's exactly what I'm saying...and science backs that up.
Well then the next time you actually feel like you do fit in here, go back to your man made home, and your man made television, and your man made heat and man made AC and man made processed food, and man made medical intervention, and man made clothing, and man made electricity and man made piped water and sewer, to tell me just how well you are accepted naturally. You idiot!

The bible being inaccurate and full of contradictions isn't an "opinion" given the link I posted above...it's a FACT.
I'm not familiar with all of the contradictions to back them up but will say this. What few contradictions I have looked at were all fine once they were looked at from the supernatural perspective. I'm sorry but it sounds like the person that was reading it wasn't qualified to be doing so.

No we don't. We have issues digesting milk products at later ages, at least some of us. But in terms of meat we aren't in any way suffering from a disability when it comes to digesting meat.
Agreed, we need the calcium and because our correct supply of calcium is not here, we use cows milk, that doesn't mean we won't have problems, its not OUR INTENDED milk.

Higher in energy content. 1kg in grass has less energy than 1kg of meat. It's simple biology.
WTF man, your not going to tell me you believe we are suppose to or used to eat grass.

I'm not saying the bible is science fiction...I'm saying it's fiction. As I proved above, it's full of contradictions...so clearly isn't not factual. Claiming otherwise can be called denial
Again if it makes no sense to you, then your not qualified to read it. Don't accept your own ignorance as an excuse for fault.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

LMAO!
I can't fathom the ignorance of the tooths. It's like what hell, do you even believe yourself at this point? I think not! how can anyone be so stupid.
I might be confusing it with another story, oh well, sorry guys this isn't one I keep by my bed at night, it looks like you guys are better versed in moby dick.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
Any moron knows this planet has been flooded, what did you not learn.

Oh and I guess you never heard of Noahs ark, and it raining for 40 days and 40 nights, or is it that you simply choose to ignore the obvious facts around us because it was actually written in the bible.

Oh, wow! Some scientists hypothesize, that about 650 million years ago all of Earth was covered by snow and ice (snowball Earth hypothesis). However, a global flood is scientifically speaking impossible, and there is no evidence that such thing has ever occurred (it would have led an obvious mark). We could of course argue that there was global magic flood, but then we could also argue that unicorns rained from the sky for 40 days, and these two ideas are equally likely to have happened as there's equally as much evidence for them, none.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Oh, wow! Some scientists hypothesize, that about 650 million years ago all of Earth was covered by snow and ice (snowball Earth hypothesis). However, a global flood is scientifically speaking impossible, and there is no evidence that such thing has ever occurred (it would have led an obvious mark). We could of course argue that there was global magic flood, but then we could also argue that unicorns rained from the sky for 40 days, and these two ideas are equally likely to have happened as there's equally as much evidence for them, none.
It's scientifically impossible from a natural point of view, no one ever said it was natural.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It's scientifically impossible from a natural point of view, no one ever said it was natural.

So you agree that global flood is impossible from a scientific point of view, yet at the same time you say things like "Any moron knows this planet has been flooded". That's schizophrenic. Or wait, maybe it makes sense. Morons "know" that the Earth has been flooded.. okay I think I got it now..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So you agree that global flood is impossible from a scientific point of view, yet at the same time you say things like "Any moron knows this planet has been flooded". That's schizophrenic. Or wait, maybe it makes sense. Morons "know" that the Earth has been flooded.. okay I think I got it now..
If you want to limit yourself to the forces of human knowledge, then no we don't have the ability at this time to perform such an act. Thats not to say that it was humans that caused it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here for just a second. Under normal circumstances, it's a closed system and it would be impossible for the world to flood. Even if all the ice dams at the end of the Ice Age collapsed all at once it wouldn't be enough to flood the whole world at once. For a long time I couldn't accept that there was ever a worldwide global flood, either. Until SL 9 in 1994.

But let's bring an outside agent into the equation--like a comet strike or swarm of fragments. It CAN happen. Look at the beating Jupiter took with SL9. The evidence really is starting to point in that direction. Not all stories from around the world say it rained continuously--in some places, particularly on the coasts, the stories say that the sea rose up and flooded the land. If the impactor or impactors fell into the ocean, you'd get tsunamis on a massive scale. Several sources, including the Book of Enoch and the Aborigines of Australia, speak of seven flaming stars falling to Earth that they call the "seven sisters." The Aborigines called them the "water girls."

Afterwards, you'd get rain. Lots of it, enough to flood inland areas. And what's more, you'd get acid rain from the nitric acid buildup in the atmosphere and the chemical reaction with carbon dioxide. That's also reflected in some of the stories where they refer to "red rain" or blood falling from the sky, and "bitter" water that they couldn't drink.

Now, the whole world wouldn't have been under water, but to the ancients, it may well have seemed that way.

It seems that SOMETHING big happened. Why in the world would people from all over the world tell essentially the same story otherwise?

See the Holocene Impact Working Group, Burckle Crater, and Madagascar.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3/12/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

There has even been speculation that water was transported from mars over to flood the earth. Now if this happened we would probably have an immediate flood followed by plates moving then the planet trying to settle as the water settles in.

Oddly enough we have all of these. Pangea is proof that the plates were moved. To this day this planet suffers from earthquakes which could be from water being added to this planet.

If god, or anyone for that matter did move water here from another planet, it would have to be the biggest magic trick in the universe, but that doesn't mean its impossible.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In the late sixties I was laughed at in school for saying that the continents looked like they fit together.
Especially by the teacher. I learned to keep my thoughts to myself.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

There has even been speculation that water was transported from mars over to flood the earth. Now if this happened we would probably have an immediate flood followed by plates moving then the planet trying to settle as the water settles in.

Oddly enough we have all of these. Pangea is proof that the plates were moved. To this day this planet suffers from earthquakes which could be from water being added to this planet.

If god, or anyone for that matter did move water here from another planet, it would have to be the biggest magic trick in the universe, but that doesn't mean its impossible.

How would water get from Mars to here?

You can't add water to the system. That's the definition of a closed system. We have what we have and that's all we're ever going to get.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny
It seems that SOMETHING big happened. Why in the world would people from all over the world tell essentially the same story otherwise?

Impact or not, the main point here was that global flood is simply impossible, and there is no evidence at all that such thing ever happened (so if there was a magic flood, then it was apparently followed by a magic cover up operation). As to why many cultures have (not essentially the same, but similar in the sense that something was flooding) stories.. Humans need water. Humans live next to water. Floods happen everywhere. Humans share stories (e.g. the Bible flood story is not original content but borrowed from Mesopotamia). It's not difficult to see why there are stories about floods..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

In the late sixties I was laughed at in school for saying that the continents looked like they fit together.Especially by the teacher. I learned to keep my thoughts to myself.
Well what are you trying to say, there is no question they fit. Just like a puzzle.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

How would water get from Mars to here?

You can't add water to the system. That's the definition of a closed system. We have what we have and that's all we're ever going to get.
If I had these answers, we probably wouldn't be arguing about milk. Anyhow its just something I heard about.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Impact or not, the main point here was that global flood is simply impossible, and there is no evidence at all that such thing ever happened. As to why many cultures have (not essentially the same, but similar in the sense that something was flooding) stories.. Humans need water. Humans live next to water. Floods happen everywhere. It's not difficult to see why there are stories about floods..
Well I wouldn't say its impossible. We are still learning about how planets are formed, and we are still in the early stages. The whole idea of water being moved here from mars was just something I heard about. I think its very possible. It sure explains a lot about how this planet has changed and the current changes its going through still. This planet is unsettled. Volcanoes, Earthquakes, could all be from water being added to this planet. The water has to shift and settle in. We could be living through the stages of it still happening, and it might happen for millions of years to come.

It's hard to know what the events are.

top topics

<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join