It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 286
<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Volcanoes, earthquakes, etc. happen because of plate tectonics, not because of imaginary water imported from Mars. Seriously..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by HappyBunny
It seems that SOMETHING big happened. Why in the world would people from all over the world tell essentially the same story otherwise?

Impact or not, the main point here was that global flood is simply impossible, and there is no evidence at all that such thing ever happened (so if there was a magic flood, then it was apparently followed by a magic cover up operation). As to why many cultures have (not essentially the same, but similar in the sense that something was flooding) stories.. Humans need water. Humans live next to water. Floods happen everywhere. Humans share stories (e.g. the Bible flood story is not original content but borrowed from Mesopotamia). It's not difficult to see why there are stories about floods..
edit on 12-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

Point taken and I get it. I just find it hard to believe that people from all over the world would make up such similar stories for a local flood. And surely not every region did get flooded, so no, it wouldn't have been "global".

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Volcanoes, earthquakes, etc. happen because of plate tectonics, not because of imaginary water imported from Mars. Seriously..
Well thats what we are all taught but I have heard about a different theory.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure how clear water got above the oil in the earths crust. You know, the water bubbling out the springs. I understand permafrost but something just doesn't add up. Don't start saying water flue here by United air lines from Mars, that's going to get me all confused.

If Plate tectonics was the only thing that was involved in these events we would already have developed a good way of predicting earthquakes and volcanoes. There's a lot that we don't know yet. Someday
edit on 12-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Given that the concept of a supercontinent was first suggested by Wegener in 1915 and the name "Pangea" was coined in 1927, I'd say that teacher owes you an apology for laughing at you fifty to sixty years after the fact.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Well thats what we are all taught but I have heard about a different theory.

You've heard of an opinion, not of a theory. Contrary to post Modernism, opinions are not of equal value to established theories..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Ah the anteater. Are you going to finally explain the ant and its many traits it shares with humans that shows either ants are not from here or humans are from here. Which makes the anteaters target food (whatever that means) as full of it as the rest of your nonsense.

The rest of your braindeath in a paragraph has been answered yet again and in many pages previously.
Our methods of adaptation don't coincide with anything from the anteater. Your confusing our adaptation with the ants natural instinct.

And still you run away from the point. Ants do all the things you say makes humans 'not from here'. Your refusal to aknowledge that and to not put anything up as an argument other than natural or adaption shows your dishonesty.

humans farming is natural to us. Humans building homes is natural to us as are all the other things we have in common with ants and no other species. They are all adaptions. All of your very poor arguments that you believe shows humans dont fit apply to ants but you are too dishonest to admit it and too stupid to put up a real reasoned argument in defence. Your response above is not a reasoned argument.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No I stayed away from children s books but it would appear you didn't, which is also why you probably don't give much credit to the bible.
What a way to advertise your total ignorance to the world. It is considered to be one of the Great American Novels and a treasure of world literature. Hardly a childrens book.

Any moron knows this planet has been flooded, what did you not learn.
So are you calling yourself a moron? There is no evidence of a world wide flood so you are correct for a change. Only a moron believes there was with no proof.

Maybe you should go first I mean after all you seem to be more sure about it than I am.
That has already been done. Your theory your responsibility to provide an argument.

It's a fact that we don't fit in here.
You maintain you only accept facts. Show these facts that we dont fit.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by HappyBunny

How would water get from Mars to here?

You can't add water to the system. That's the definition of a closed system. We have what we have and that's all we're ever going to get.
If I had these answers, we probably wouldn't be arguing about milk. Anyhow its just something I heard about.
Ah another thing you heard from somewhere with nothing to back it up. Did you hear where they transported all the extra water too to end the flood?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Good post! Yes, I like the idea of a comet impact, perhaps even one that contained ocean water. We know it's possible. I'm not sure if it would flood the entire planet, but there's no question, it would definitely effect a lot of places. The Mayans talk about the several destructions of the world. Maybe that crazy impact had something to do with the last glacial period ending, or even made it that much worse, causing Neanderthal extinction.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You've heard of an opinion, not of a theory. Contrary to post Modernism, opinions are not of equal value to established theories..
Well then I think they would call it an established theory if thats what it was.
I'm sure this however was just a theory. Theorys don't always have to be factual. Take for example the link that peeps on here keep sending me to that claim evolution is a hypothetical postulated theory. I totally agree.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

And still you run away from the point. Ants do all the things you say makes humans 'not from here'. Your refusal to aknowledge that and to not put anything up as an argument other than natural or adaption shows your dishonesty.

humans farming is natural to us. Humans building homes is natural to us as are all the other things we have in common with ants and no other species. They are all adaptions. All of your very poor arguments that you believe shows humans dont fit apply to ants but you are too dishonest to admit it and too stupid to put up a real reasoned argument in defence. Your response above is not a reasoned argument.
Colin how many times do I have to explain to your ignoramis mind that there is no comparison.

Our advanced technology and use of chemicals is not the same as what ants do in the wild. FYI news cast for you Colin, we ARE NOT IN THE WILD and we seperate ourselfs from the wild becuase we don't fit in.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

What a way to advertise your total ignorance to the world. It is considered to be one of the Great American Novels and a treasure of world literature. Hardly a childrens book.
Well good Colin then you can sleep next to it at night and write essays about it.

So are you calling yourself a moron? There is no evidence of a world wide flood so you are correct for a change. Only a moron believes there was with no proof.
It doesn't take a genius.

You maintain you only accept facts. Show these facts that we dont fit.
The facts are obvious in whats missing. There is nothing actually that says we do fit in. I have challenged anyone to prove differently. And no Colin a little bird that builds homes in our homes is not proof. We have no relation to anything here, and nothing here has any relation to us here. We would not be missed if we left this planet and in fact the planet is rejecting us. We don't even have our proper food to eat here. Has allready been disscused on here. Lack of proper food. Lack of any natural connection with other life here. Lack of any connection with the planet aside from water and air.

So just sit back in your man made home Colin, with your man made electricty, man made heat, man made AC, man made processed food, man made piped water and sewer, and keep telling yourself how much this planet accepts you just the way you are. IDIOT!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I have lived in three different states that all have evidence of flooding, and your going to tell me its a local issue.

Yes. Why? Because the FACTS say so...and facts matter

Oh and I guess you never heard of Noahs ark, and it raining for 40 days and 40 nights, or is it that you simply choose to ignore the obvious facts around us because it was actually written in the bible.

No...I'm ignoring it because there's ZERO geological evidence of a global flood. In fact, we know that there isn't enough water on earth to cover all land and submerge it.

I already looked at this, and like I said last time it doesn't mean that everything in the bible is wrong.

No it doesn't...but a lot of that stuff is kinda crucial. For example, we know the exodus of the Jews never happened as told in the bible, and we also know a global flood didn't happen...and of course there's the "small" issue of the Genesis account being factually wrong.

Well then the next time you actually feel like you do fit in here, go back to your man made home, and your man made television, and your man made heat and man made AC and man made processed food, and man made medical intervention, and man made clothing, and man made electricity and man made piped water and sewer, to tell me just how well you are accepted naturally. You idiot!

I hope you realize only a small % of the human population has access to this, right? And everything you listed only appeared 30-50 years ago

And you're calling me an idiot?

I'm not familiar with all of the contradictions to back them up but will say this. What few contradictions I have looked at were all fine once they were looked at from the supernatural perspective. I'm sorry but it sounds like the person that was reading it wasn't qualified to be doing so.

Then read the link I posted to get familiar with the DOZENS of contradictions...tons of which are cornerstones of the entire faith

And your "true, that doesn't make sense...let's just pretend magic is responsible" answer is beyond laughable if there's no scientific objective evidence to back up any of your claims

Agreed, we need the calcium and because our correct supply of calcium is not here, we use cows milk, that doesn't mean we won't have problems, its not OUR INTENDED milk.

I take it you're not aware that there's PLENTY of other natural food sources providing calcium...if you knew, you'd realize your above statement is dumb.

WTF man, your not going to tell me you believe we are suppose to or used to eat grass.

Although humans can survive on a pure vegetable diet...no, that's not what I'm saying. We eat meat because it has a HIGHER energy content, it's more efficient to keep our brains going.

Again if it makes no sense to you, then your not qualified to read it. Don't accept your own ignorance as an excuse for fault.

So if I don't believe in the bible I can't objectively analyze it and check if the facts stack up? That's an incredibly dumb statement.

I pointed out dozens of blatantly wrong information in the bible, and all you can come up with is "magic did it"...that's laughable

There is nothing actually that says we do fit in. I have challenged anyone to prove differently.

That you have indeed...and you failed miserably doing so because nothing you say is backed up by facts and objective evidence. Even worse, most of it is demonstrably wrong, like that ridiculous star child stuff you brought up

edit on 12-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Creationism/ID is all about ignoring facts and sticking to made up stuff which is never questioned. How can people live with such absurd ideology?

BTW, it's not called The Law of Evolution, because in science a law means "it's a fact that it happens, but we don't know how", whereas a theory means "it's a fact that it happens, and here is how". Compare e.g. gravity and evolution, both are forces of nature, but we only have a falsifiable explanation to evolution. If only people understood the difference between an idea, a law, a hypothesis, and a theory.
edit on 12-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the lesson. I actually didn't know that about the Law, and theory. Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

No...I'm ignoring it because there's ZERO geological evidence of a global flood. In fact, we know that there isn't enough water on earth to cover all land and submerge it.
Now there isn't nope.

Yes. Why? Because the FACTS say so...and facts matter
I think pangea is the biggest fact of all.

No it doesn't...but a lot of that stuff is kinda crucial. For example, we know the exodus of the Jews never happened as told in the bible, and we also know a global flood didn't happen...and of course there's the "small" issue of the Genesis account being factually wrong.
Which account in genesis?

I hope you realize only a small % of the human population has access to this, right? And everything you listed only appeared 30-50 years ago

And you're calling me an idiot?
Mother is the necessity of invention

Then read the link I posted to get familiar with the DOZENS of contradictions...tons of which are cornerstones of the entire faith
Now your just talking smack, how can contradictions be the cornerstone of faith?

And your "true, that doesn't make sense...let's just pretend magic is responsible" answer is beyond laughable if there's no scientific objective evidence to back up any of your claims
And all this tells me is that your convinced your a know it all.

I take it you're not aware that there's PLENTY of other natural food sources providing calcium...if you knew, you'd realize your above statement is dumb.
Now your going to try to tell me that you know something that has eludded the dairy industry still to this day

Although humans can survive on a pure vegetable diet...no, that's not what I'm saying. We eat meat because it has a HIGHER energy content, it's more efficient to keep our brains going.
But higher than what? See no mater which angle you turn to, we come up short.

So if I don't believe in the bible I can't objectively analyze it and check if the facts stack up? That's an incredibly dumb statement.

I pointed out dozens of blatantly wrong information in the bible, and all you can come up with is "magic did it"...that's laughable
I never said it was magic, but it would appear that anything you possibly couldn't understand, you simply lable as being magic, again proving your a know it all.

That you have indeed...and you failed miserably doing so because nothing you say is backed up by facts and objective evidence. Even worse, most of it is demonstrably wrong, like that ridiculous star child stuff you brought up
Ignore the facts, all its going to do is force you to try to find things that aren't there, like evolution.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Maybe you should restudy scientific evidence which points to a possibility of a global event which would be portrayed as a great flood. Look at all the evidence, not what you wish to see. It's not just the bible and never has been just the bible that talks about this event.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by MrXYZ

Maybe you should restudy scientific evidence which points to a possibility of a global event which would be portrayed as a great flood. Look at all the evidence, not what you wish to see. It's not just the bible and never has been just the bible that talks about this event.

Huh??????????

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well, then it shouldn't be a problem for you to post that evidence, right?

Entertain us...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ha Ha. I don.t have to go search the net for evidence. I stated there was possible evidence. You, on the other hand, stated that there was absolutely no evidence which is not a practice of true science. You stated the fact, you now have to prove it. I know the game MrXYZ, I don't intimidate easily

new topics

top topics

<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join