It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 247
<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

I had a feeling this would get ignored so I am reiterating it. We can get all of our nutrients here on earth and lead a perfectly healthy life. How are we not eating our "target" foods, if we're eating everything we need to be healthy?
Sorry if you thought I ignored you, I didn't mean to anyhow.

Sure everything is here, but broken up into a plethora of other things. This is why we have such a large food list. Of course there could be a big difference between whats needed and whats an extra. A good example is meat. We could say that all cattle fell off the face of the earth, so lets say no animals to give us any meat. We could turn to eating insects for protein, and we would have to.

Probably be healthier for us too.

Anyhow, our food choices are redundant. You can see that anytime we have a need, there is more than one source for that specific need. Based on this you might be wondering how I could possibly figure out that our target food is not here. It's because there is a big difference between foods helping us get by, and foods that are packed with our specific nutrition. As good of a source cows milk for calcium is, it would appear that there should be a better source of it for our intended diet. Drinking cows milk and having to process it, homogenize, pasterize, fortify, and package, ship, refrigerate, are all things that are not an expected part of the requirement.

These are things that we have to deal with because we have no better choices for calcium. Oh sure there are choices but they dont measure up by comparison in what they offer. There is no argument that milk is NOT easy to harvest. If milk offers the highest amount of calcium and still doesn't meet the idea of being natural, in addition to the trouble we have to go through to get it, then it's clear it wasn't meant for us to drink and there is something missing from our diet.

Based on this, no one will ever be able to convince me that cows milk was made for human consuption. I am wrong in the sense that after we process it, that it is, but that is after the fact. Milk is not naturally intended for human consumption.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Because there's 7 billion of us, thats why. It's the same as saying, well you can go outside on a sunny day, and get struck 50 times by a lighting bolt. Is it impossible, I guess not, but it ain't gunna happen I can tell ya that
Well that would be a contradiction from everything else I'm being told. How is it possible to have billions of people and only one have a change in there genes to cause a difference? There is no way that evolution could have happened on this frail idea of change. The chances are so impossible that there would be no sure way to say we came from apes.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It wasn't to long ago, I was even saying that we have disabled powers. Telepathy to be specific. I was laughed at because the 10% brain myth is just that. While Wiki maintains that we know little to nothing about the brain. I'm sure based on passaged in the bible that we have some abilities missing. We have vestigal organs, specifically the pineal gland, which has been claimed many times over for different purposses. I think in the near future they will claim it for something else. Anyhow, just recently a well know doctor has made an interesting find in the realm of telepathy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Because there's 7 billion of us, thats why. It's the same as saying, well you can go outside on a sunny day, and get struck 50 times by a lighting bolt. Is it impossible, I guess not, but it ain't gunna happen I can tell ya that
Well that would be a contradiction from everything else I'm being told. How is it possible to have billions of people and only one have a change in there genes to cause a difference? There is no way that evolution could have happened on this frail idea of change. The chances are so impossible that there would be no sure way to say we came from apes.

Thats why it doesn't happen with one, it happens with many, the reason one would change, would be the same reason the others would change.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

No, you're thinking of something very specific called gene "expression." This has nothing to do with when only half of the possible genes get passed down to the next generation, or when a mutation changes genes in an animal.
How can only 1/2 of the genese get passed down, is that even possible? Or do you mean to say 1/2 of them get expressed?

So now you're telling me that you don't understand sexual reproduction and chromosomes? Look it up dude. You'll find that a varied combination of genes, some held on an X chromosome and some held on a Y chromosome will pass onto a child. That's why I'm short while my Uncle is tall. My mother didn't inherit the tall gene.

It's not a repression of an expression. It's literally lacking the gene altogether.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That's why the human race is not evolving much anymore. For evolution to happen quickly in a species, there must be a genetic bottle-neck, also known as a very small breeding population. In that case, a genetic change will spread throughout the entire breeding population, and the entire species will appear to change.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It wasn't to long ago, I was even saying that we have disabled powers. Telepathy to be specific. I was laughed at because the 10% brain myth is just that. While Wiki maintains that we know little to nothing about the brain. I'm sure based on passaged in the bible that we have some abilities missing. We have vestigal organs, specifically the pineal gland, which has been claimed many times over for different purposses. I think in the near future they will claim it for something else. Anyhow, just recently a well know doctor has made an interesting find in the realm of telepathy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And not a single time have any of those claims been backed up by objective evidence. You are confusing pseudo-science with real science.

Clue: Real science is where you actually bother to back stuff up with facts and objective evidence

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by itsthetooth

Classic tooth=(spam a thread in hopes his panning will get buried). You do know Mr tooth that anyone can go back and read your tripe.
As for your last post= rubbish. My dog will eat anything I eat but being a loving father there are some things I will not give him cause I know better.
edit on 19-2-2012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

My dog gets most upset if I dont do her a full sunday lunch, Meat, veg the works, and I noticed that when we did try to wean her away from her weekly treat, she got a skin rash. Checked with the vet and was told that by providing her with her weekly veg, was giving her a much more healthy diet that if we just fed her tinned food or meat.

Apparently, dogs are only "carnivores" because thats what we feed them, a more omnivorous diet (albeit a more heavily meat influenced) akin to that of a pig, is actualy healthier for a dog.

Not cats though, they need a much higher percentage of meat protein for health, mid you the dog makes sure the cat gets nowhere near her sunday roast.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Haven't you seen that show dual survival, where the guy doesn't wear shoes, and hasn't been for quite some time.

Cool show, Although always best when the "no shoes Guy" tries to get all "hippy" with the "redneck survivalist".

We get Bear Grills and Ray Mears who are both a bit 50/50.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by idmonster

Classic tooth=(spam a thread in hopes his panning will get buried). You do know Mr tooth that anyone can go back and read your tripe.
As for your last post= rubbish. My dog will eat anything I eat but being a loving father there are some things I will not give him cause I know better.

My dog gets most upset if I dont do her a full sunday lunch, Meat, veg the works, and I noticed that when we did try to wean her away from her weekly treat, she got a skin rash. Checked with the vet and was told that by providing her with her weekly veg, was giving her a much more healthy diet that if we just fed her tinned food or meat.

Apparently, dogs are only "carnivores" because thats what we feed them, a more omnivorous diet (albeit a more heavily meat influenced) akin to that of a pig, is actualy healthier for a dog.

Not cats though, they need a much higher percentage of meat protein for health, mid you the dog makes sure the cat gets nowhere near her sunday roast.

There's a tiger temple in Thailand where they offer tigers veggies and a mix of cat food and chicken. Some of them have completely stopped eating meat and are now vegetarians

Saw a tiger eat some sort of pumpkin and couldn't believe my eyes. It's also hilarious to watch them graze and munch some grass...of course that's normal and all cats do that to aid their digestion. Still funny to watch them pretend to be cows.

edit on 20-2-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

reply to post by Varemia

Evolution is not something that is in animals, for one. Go ahead, I'm pretty sure you think it's a pre-determining force inside animals that makes them change.
So evolution doens't happen to animals. Great so apes never did evolve into humans, now we are getting somewhere.

What the ducksauce? I said evolution isn't this thing that exists within animals to make them change. Evolution is the DESCRIPTION of the effect of gene changes and distribution through time.

What you have just experienced is TWAT (the world accordint to [DELETED])

In this world, [DELETED] can answer an question with a reply that bears no relation to the post.

This is why so many people on here refuse to converse with this idiot, and unfortunately, why so many continue to do so.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by idmonster

There's a tiger temple in Thailand where they offer tigers veggies and a mix of cat food and chicken. Some of them have completely stopped eating meat and are now vegetarians

Saw a tiger eat some sort of pumpkin and couldn't believe my eyes. It's also hilarious to watch them graze and munch some grass...of course that's normal and all cats do that to aid their digestion. Still funny to watch them pretend to be cows.

WHOOOOAA....Back up a second,...I do hope you're not suggesting that a tiger has no specific target food, that maybe a tiger could posibly evolve to survive on anything other than (what the hell do tigers exclusivly eat?).

OMG you know wht this mean........Tigers arent from here..........AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

OMG you know wht this mean........Tigers arent from here..........AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Correct! They were brought here to pull the carriages of the humans (obv also not from here) who were brought here (or engineered, you pick) to mine for gold by an alien race who was able to fly thousands of light years, but didn't have the capability to mine for gold with machines like we can today. Makes perfect sense, no?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Actually, its quite an interesting point and one that I believe demonstrates a common ancestory.

While we are happy to distinguish between carnivores, herbivores and omnivores, its actualy all quite wrong.

Most if not all (would have to check) carnivores eat some herbivorous matter in order to assist the digestive process. Most of us that own "carnivores", cats, dogs etc, will have witnessed them eating grasses.

The majority of herbivores will quite happily eat the placenta having given birth. (cannabilism?)

And some animals will even eat rocks in order to assist the mastication of meat protein while in the gut (crocs and aligators)

Now I mention the reptiles, one of the oldest claids, its interesting to note that I personaly have never witnessed, or heard of these taking plant mater as a food source. Therefor it stands to reason that all reptiles only eat meat.

(WoW, how amazing is that. I make a statement above based on personal ignorance, a quick search on google lists turtles, gekos and iguanas as all providing herbivorous reptile species. It took me less time to find that info than it has to type this explaination. I could just go and delete it but.......what the heck, I already typed it now so I'll stick by it and anyone who tries to prove otherwise...weeeeelll, I'll claim its un-natural and the change of diet has been forced by man who shouldnt be here anyway.....Cool)

No one else can see what I typed, right?
edit on 20-2-2012 by idmonster because: why do my keys keep moving?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Correct! They were brought here to pull the carriages of the humans (obv also not from here) who were brought here (or engineered, you pick) to mine for gold by an alien race who was able to fly thousands of light years, but didn't have the capability to mine for gold with machines like we can today. Makes perfect sense, no?

Are you paraphrasing Battle Field Earth...L Ron Hubbard slightly less well know religion...lmao

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Hi Id

The heroes of telemark may explain a little about the real diet of carnivores.

They stayed on the plateau, some 1,200 metres above sea level, throughout several winter months, eating the meat and stomach contents of wild reindeer.
The reindeer meat alone would not have been enough nourishment to get the guys through the winter.

Eating the partially digested vegetable matter in the stomach allowed them to source a food otherwise denied to them.

Most carnivores eat the stomach contents of their prey and infact eat the offal as first choice over that of muscle.

So much for target food.
edit on 20-2-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Now I mention the reptiles, one of the oldest claids, its interesting to note that I personaly have never witnessed, or heard of these taking plant mater as a food source. Therefor it stands to reason that all reptiles only eat meat.

Was just about to inform you that my old iguana used to happily munch on fruit.

And my brother's cat is all messed up in her head because it eats pieces of mandarin...but only if you remove the skin. Sometimes I believe we are the pets of cats, because they sure make us feel that way sometimes. I get it back once a year when I bathe it, it hates that like the pest and always gives me this "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!" look afterwards

Are you paraphrasing Battle Field Earth...L Ron Hubbard slightly less well know religion...lmao

No, just making stuff up...after all, why should tooth be the only one allowed to make up completely random nonsense?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

So now you're telling me that you don't understand sexual reproduction and chromosomes? Look it up dude. You'll find that a varied combination of genes, some held on an X chromosome and some held on a Y chromosome will pass onto a child. That's why I'm short while my Uncle is tall. My mother didn't inherit the tall gene.

It's not a repression of an expression. It's literally lacking the gene altogether.
Now see what I understood is that the gene would have to be autosomal dominant or passed on by both parents to be expressed.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

That's why the human race is not evolving much anymore. For evolution to happen quickly in a species, there must be a genetic bottle-neck, also known as a very small breeding population. In that case, a genetic change will spread throughout the entire breeding population, and the entire species will appear to change.
Did you make that up? Where did you get that?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

And not a single time have any of those claims been backed up by objective evidence. You are confusing pseudo-science with real science
Actually it was just recently backed up with DR persingers work, finding out that we do actually have telepathy. I just posted the link a bit ago.

top topics

<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join