It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Fleming Cant Afford a Tax Increase..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Right! I'm sure he loses sleep over increasing the taxes on his employees, and how they will manage to feed their families on their minimum wage jobs. I also bet he pays for medical benefits too, and does not expect the middle class workers to pick up that tab via paying for medicaid for them.

I have worked for someone like this in the past. They feel they deserve the world, and no one else is entitled to a living wage or benefits. They had a serious delusion of entitlement that never took into account who actually made the money that they claimed was 100% theirs alone. Their attitude was never,”my employees hard work makes me a lot of money, I'd better take care of them”, it was “how much of MY money are my employees taking from me”. That same employer would actually steal from their own employees, to line their own pocket, and think nothing of it. Then have the guts to cry poor to those same employees, and even go so far as to guilt trip them into doing free work, or even sometimes pay for materials out of their own pocket, and then refuse to pay them back the cost.

There are some REALLY greedy people out there, who are so oblivious to reality, that they don't even realize how greedy they actually are.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
that's what it seems like they want. They want a slave class and I am not down with that.

That's exactly what they want, and if they cannot get it here, they always threaten to take it where they can get it. I say that we start charging them so many Tariffs on imported goods that it becomes no longer worth their while to use foreign slave labor.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

So you did notice his tone he seemed like a tool big time. Seriously. He sounded self righteous and just like a jerk. And I agree about the tariffs they seem to be announcing one on China tomorrow. I hope it goes through.
I don't know that they don't understand simple mathematics, if we can't make a living wage and be healthy, who in the US is going to buy their crappy cell phones, ipads, ipods, gaming systems, etc. Who were they planning to sell this stuff to? .05% of the population? Yeah lets see the wind go out of their sails with that one!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I am just sick of everyone crying about their money and meanwhile they're selling us off to China mainly, soon we are gonna have to learn chinese and we will be working at 40 cents an hour too, that's what it seems like they want. They want a slave class and I am not down with that.

Well I'm onboard with that feeling.

Star for you.

I just don't think he's one of the bad one into all that.

David Grouchy
edit on 19-9-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

He's a congressman, it's almost a pre-requisite that he buys into part of the "Agenda".
I used to think people were crazy about the US and Them but more and more I see it as harsh reality.
And his tone sounded really obnoxious to me,,, but maybe I am overtly sensitive?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
i never said it was wrong to be rich...the point is he said he "Couldnt" afford a tax hike when lets look at who was it GE or w.e who used so many loop holes and that in tax's they actually didnt pay any...and people like this are trying to protect that....why is it so unfair to tax them at the same rate as everyone else? sure they make jobs but look at all those jobs outsourced now to china japan india ect....jobs that used to be in your country that no longer are...but yet they get the same tax breaks regardless if they employ people withen your country...but im sorry saying all i take home is 400,000 and i cant afford a tax increase is just wrong he never mentioned what he saves off tax's right now with loop holes or anything...he just threw out a number and then when questioned saying most make no more then 50k he automatically went into the whole "Class warfare" and it wasnt it was a simple question....

now the second issue was how he was so offended by it like he shouldn't even be PAYING tax's which is what the rep are trying to avoid all together so its ok for corporations to jump all the loop holes and pay nothing but yet the rest of the small business and country still have to pay the full on tax they have no way around it to make a real dent in it to make it matter...the fact is they shouldn't be able to avoid all the tax's they should pay like everyone else.....is it fare if say you worked for me and i gave you 20$ for an hour the gov said we want 5$ of it in tax but the say 200$ i made from your hard work they said oh just give us 1$ because you had all the tax breaks and what not...so i payed you 20 and gov 1 so i lost 21 out of 200 leaving me with 179....does that seem fare to you? you worked your butt off to make me money yet in the end you got f all for it and to show for it..but yet i cant afford to pay anymore tax's

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What chafes my rear even more is these were the guys who voted for the bailouts, then told Americans we would have to tighten our belts for awhile. Of course what they really meant was that everybody else but them, and their rich friends who caused the problem, were going to have to tighten our belts.

We should just link the web definition for the word “hypocrite” right to this guys campaign re-election page. Not like he's going to win after this remark ticks of 90% of his consituants who gross about ¼ the income that this guy's family “eats”...

I do believe that this Congressman just told 99% of Americans: “Qu’ils mangent de la brioche “

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Sounds like his family is eating lobster and caviar everynight. I could see how that would get pretty expensive.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
haha it could be expensive but i dont see 200,000$ worth
haha so anyone else get angry just watching him spew off at the mouth then when she calls him out on it...just seem him start foaming at the mouth n claiming class warfare.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

Nice to see someone else from Ontario on ATS! Im in London, I tried to private msg you calex but I guess I don't have the right to do that on ATS. Anyway, I agree with what you say 100%. You are clearly intelligent beyond your years. Also RIP Jacky. We miss you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join